General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2005, 02:56 PM   #1  
Movin on down the scale

Question What *new* colors did you introduce to your wardrobe?

I am just wondering, at just past halfway to my final goal, I have had to buy a few pieces of intermitent clothing to keep my selection of clothes from just 2 pair of pants and sweatshirts..lol So I am just wondering what colors did you implement into your wardrobe once you started noticably loosing weight? I have bought some pinks/gray/creams...where I used to be big on black/red/dark blue/maroon.

So what colors are new to you???
Old 11-12-2005, 05:53 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 194/175.2/140

Height: 5'2"

Pink is the only new color I've chosen, I think.
Old 11-12-2005, 06:42 PM   #3  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

I like dark colors as a rule, but I did just get an orange turtle neck sweater from Old Navy.
Old 11-12-2005, 07:53 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

I noticed I bought several new turquoise items. I'm not sure why?
Old 11-12-2005, 08:03 PM   #5  
ButDoesntWannaLookLikeOne

S/C/G: 230/218/170

Height: 5'4"

Pink, white, cream, light yellow...basically all the very pale colors that I never wore when I was heavy because I religiously followed the "dark colors make you look thinner" philosophy.

And I know it's not a color, but I wear more horizontal stripes now. I haven't worn stripes since I was about 14 (when my Mom told me "stripes make you look fat.") I think I can get away with it now, though .
Old 11-12-2005, 08:41 PM   #6  
A Slightly Cracked Egg

S/C/G: 211.4/211.4/130

Height: 5'4"

I can see myself wearing a lot more red when I lose weight -- the color looks great with my coloring (I have pale rosy skin, it complements it well) but I don't wear alot of it now because I tend to look like a big cherry!
Old 11-13-2005, 05:32 PM   #7  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

When I was at my heaviest I couldn't seem to find any tops in yellow, green or purple (which are my favorite colors). So now whenever I see a nice shirt in yellow, green or purple I buy it and admire myself in a color different than the blue variations that were my standard for years.
Old 11-13-2005, 06:31 PM   #8  

I've only lost a few pounds but I've been buying the new light turqouise also, the new lime green, and I bought a burnt orange vest that I love. A gal at work told me I look good in the bright colors which was really nice of her. Of course I had to make the comment if only I could lose some weight so it's not like "here I am". I have to work on just saying "thank you" and be happy with the compliment. I'm not very good at that. Someone once said it's the Scandinavian way. ???

Rachelle
Old 11-13-2005, 08:01 PM   #9  
Melting Butter

For me it's not as much about color as it is about variety. I almost always buy things that are the same...just in different colors. It was hard finding things that fit me well. Being a 22 year old who wore a 14 was really difficult. I was too big for most clothes I liked and too small for plus sized shops.
I haven't really bought anything since I hit size 12. But when I make my goal I never plan to buy four identical shirts that only differ in color.

I guess the one thing about color is that I really stick to black. If I can ever get shoes in different colors, purses, and clothes that will be a huge change. I've never had bright purple or light blue shoes before. *dreams*
Old 11-14-2005, 10:01 AM   #10  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

As a former punk/new wave girl (though I've never gotten out of my system ) most of my wardrobe is black on black with silver accents- been doing this since I was 14, I'm now 38 and still on the Gothy side

I have over the years worn purple, red, green, burgundy mixed with black of course

I actually bought something pink over the summer shocking. I really like the shades of green and the burnt oranges that are out right now so I have picked up a few items in those colours
Closed Thread