3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   what drives you crazy? pet peeves exposed (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/68073-what-drives-you-crazy-pet-peeves-exposed.html)

Misti in Seattle 03-30-2006 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NowOrNever!
Cool thread.

3. Rude smokers. Like my neighbor. Who doesn't want to smoke inside his condo. So he smokes on his balcony which is 2 feet higher than mine so all the carcinogens come into MY unit (I have to keep a fan on my porch to blow some of it away)..

Oh NOW you are talking! The entire section of my apt complex never had any smoking problems until "smoker chick" moved in directly below me and puts her chair on the very edge of her deck so it doesn't blow into her apartment... it blows into MINE instead! Then she yelled at me for spraying air freshener on my deck! Like I want her filth any more than she does! :p Hey, the fan is a good idea... I hadn't thought of that!!! Thanks!!

da fat n da furious 03-30-2006 04:30 AM

I don't know how many I have but I do have many pet peeves.

1. Rude smokers,,,for whatever reason I don't see why you need to have 3 extra breaks during the work day so you can do your habit.
2. Rude drivers,,,lane jumpers, and tail gators. Can't tell you how many times have had people swerve into my lane, and act like it was my fault.
3. Customers who expect me to read their minds, since I take orders only by phone I can't see what you are talking about.
4. Friends who use me, sure I'll help you will whatever and then not heard from them again till their next emergency...bye bye so called friend.
5. Friends who think its ok to treat me horrid in public, and then kiss butt after...again bye bye so called friend
6. Loud cube partners, I don't want to hear you screaming at your kids, or your fight with your mom, and seriously don't want to know about the results of that rash you have.
7. People who drone on about themselves and then say,,*but you know me, I don't ever brag about myself* WHAT? You have been listening to yourself the last hour haven't you?
8. Mean nasty people who are angry about life and need to make it their duty to spread their evil every where.
9. People who can't get over their bad childhoods, and use it as an excuse for their bad behaviour.
10. Lazy people who expect you to not only carry your own, but theirs.

wow this felt like therapy.

jillybean720 03-30-2006 07:24 AM

Here are some more related to being on message boards (and not all apply to 3FC since this happens to be one of the friendliest communities online!):
  • someone who posts asking for help or advice, then tells you you're WRONG when you offer some advice!
  • people who post a very one-sided statement and then get extremely defensive when you mention that it may not be the case for everyone
  • people who post questions without searching first--do we really need 100 threads on the same topic? doing a search on the forum will find your answers quicker than waiting for people to respond ;)
  • people who post so far off topic it's not even funny (an example here might be someone asking a question about WW in a SB area or something--doesn't happen much here, expecially since our moderators are so great at moving threads to the appropriate topics, but there are boards out there that seem to have no admins at all!)
  • when you post a question and get only rude comments in response rather than actual help
Thank goodness for 3FC, as these are NOT frequent peeve about this board! However, other sites have a lot of VERY rude, inconsiderate, and closed-minded members :devil:

junebug41 03-30-2006 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indigo
people who post questions without searching first--do we really need 100 threads on the same topic? doing a search on the forum will find your answers quicker than waiting for people to respond

You know, until you said this I wasn't even sure there was a search function here!

I do see a lot of double posts here, but that may be because the other board I frequent are total search ****s. I don't think I've ever started a thread for fear that someone will pull an original out of the depths of the planet.

cruisintolose 03-30-2006 09:56 AM

1. People that judge you before they know you. For example: A teenager gets pregnant and everyone judges her as a s---, or someone that is really beautiful is sometimes automatically judged as being snooty and out to get your man and really could be the sweetest person that you have ever met, a person with a tatoo or a person that smokes might be judged as a person that is not a good influence or a disgusting person when in reality they are really smart people, perhaps even doctors. Someone that is from the South and is deemed to be not very smart because they have a different accent. I just don't like it when people are prejudged before anybody takes the time of day to get to know them. It is just sad to me. I think that is why we have so many lonely people in the world. Because no one wants to get to know the real them.

2. Where as some of you like perfect grammar, I on the other hand get stressed out around those that think that wording has to be perfect and your speech has to be perfect. I speak quiet well when I am in a job that requires to do so. When I am at home, or hanging out with friends or even writing my emotional feelings down on paper I tend to let things hang out a little more. when I speak to someone that speaks almost like a robot because they have such perfect speach, then I get stressed out and I feel like I can't really have a great conversation with them. I do believe in speaking well enough to understand each other though.

3. People that flaunt what they have and how much money they will have later on in life when they retire. In other words their financial status.

4. People that work so hard that you can't go out and have a good time with them because they are still stressed and have no sense of humor and they just don't know how to let work go for an afternoon.

5. People that think they are always right because what they did worked for them and it should work for everyone else too!



There are a lot more peeves that I have. You guys have mentioned most of them. I am feeling much better now..:)

4myloves 03-30-2006 03:17 PM

People at work who are too "busy" to answer the business calls but will break their necks to get to their cell phones EVERY TIME they ring (which is about a half-dozen times/day!!).

Especially when they make little "remarks" about having to answer the phone all the time.

nelie 03-30-2006 03:35 PM

People who wait for spots while parking. (If you are going to the store, you really can walk 10 feet for another spot)

People who don't put their shopping cart away. (Same, if you are going to the store, you can walk 10 feet to put your cart away)

Optical Goddess 05-03-2006 10:07 AM

"Choco-holic, Carboholic, shopaholic....
what is chocohol,carbohol,and shopahol? I understand why people do this, because the chocolate, et al. is seen as an addiction/disease similar to alchoholism...but it still irks me.

WIth various controversies in the media, the word "Gate" is applied to every darn thing: Monica-gate for the Monica Lewinski debacle, whitewater-gate, Enron-gate..Enough already! Watergate is a hotel, that's the only reason it's called the watergate scandal? Imagine if the hotel was called something else?

Yeah, I Know that this may seem very petty, but most pet peeves are petty.

As far as all the discussion about smokers, I am an ex smoker. When I smoked, I always tried to be understanding to the non-smokers around me and thier needs. However, if I went outside to smoke-as I did in college, in the designated smoking area, I think I had the right to do that, as I think that as long as smoking is legal and there are no smoking ordinances in the town, a smoker should be able to smoke in public. You may not like smoking, as it is a nasty habit, but the inconsideration lies with the individual, not the habit. People are just as inconsiderate with cell phones, calling and receiving calls during church or places where cell phone use is forbidden for medical reasons, drivers who use the handicap spaces and are no where near handicapped, ect. all.

I know that I may generate some seething comments about the smoking issue, since it's an unpopular one, but well, that's what a pet peeves thread is for..

lilybelle 05-03-2006 10:14 PM

#1 lying #2 people who are always late #3 long waits in doctor offices #4 people who drink too much #5 people who are rude to children #5 laziness in general

GreatBigMonsterMomma 05-04-2006 06:11 AM

Quote:

people who post questions without searching first--do we really need 100 threads on the same topic? doing a search on the forum will find your answers quicker than waiting for people to respond
This one drives me insane over at Crochetville. I won't fault anyone for starting a new thread instead of bumping a two-year-old one, and even posting the same thing in a different forum is understandable. But I cannot count the number of times one of my fellow hookers has posted a thread about a topic that's already displayed on the page. :mad: One recurring issue on that site is having two or three threads pop up every single day related to a thread that is stickied at the top of the forum! Gah! Look, people, please!

Karma27 05-04-2006 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mom2cole

I work in retail and I ***HATE*** people who phone shop. They ask questions like, what size coffee tables to you have, what color, what shape ect.... or I actually had one guy call me on the day after thanksgiving when I was working a register in electronics and want me to go into complete detail on the specifics of all of our camcorders!!! I told him I have had a line of people since 6am and I didn't have time for this, come into the store a look!! I don't know what you are looking for so don't call and ask me to find it over the phone!!!

ITA: I used to work for a large Electronics store and got people all the time that did this. THAT WAS SO ANNOYING!!!!!!!

People that cough and sneeze without covering their mouths. (yuck)
Loud talking/ inappropriate conversations on cellphones in public.
Slurping food or drink.
Large people in small clothes. I am a big girl, I wear my size.
Talking during movies.
People that interrupt me while I'm talking.
Disrespectful children.
People that invade my personal space. I really should not feel you breathe on me. Back the :censored: up man!!!
Nail biting in public.
Spitting in public.

I could go on and on.

jillybean720 05-04-2006 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karma27
ITA: I used to work for a large Electronics store and got people all the time that did this. THAT WAS SO ANNOYING!!!!!!!

At least with electronics, you can compare things by features...I used to work at Payless (yeah, the cheap shoe store), and people would call and just be like, "Do you have any black dress shoes in a size 8?" Umm, yes, I believe every shoe store carries black dress shoes. So then they would ask me to describe them? What?! No--get your lazy butt in here and look at them and try them on! And God forbid I described a pair they thought sounded nice and then they came in to see them and didn't like them...seriously, people it's Payless, not freakin' Saks 5th...

OH, and another pet peeve? People who STOLE shoes from Payless! And not always even like the $20-30 pairs, but the ones that were marked on clearance for like 6 bucks. Seriously, if you're going to do something stupid like steal, you should at least make it worth your while :p

Misti in Seattle 05-04-2006 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cadwell125
6. people that make a fake coughing noise around a smoker (fits under #3 but i thought it deserved it's own place.)

As one who is extremely allergic to cigarette smoke I can only add here... sometimes we aren't faking! :) It really IS choking us half to death... same with the gallons of perfume people often wear. :dizzy:

LadyFirelyght 05-04-2006 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Misti in Seattle
As one who is extremely allergic to cigarette smoke I can only add here... sometimes we aren't faking! :) It really IS choking us half to death... same with the gallons of perfume people often wear. :dizzy:

Yep. I'm another one who's allergic to cigarette smoke (most smoke, actually) and sometimes I feel like I can't breathe, so I try coughing in order to get my lungs going again :P

kaplods 05-04-2006 11:01 AM

The lose/loose thing really bugs me too. And it's everwhere. It seems more people get it wrong than right, and I've even seen it in weight loss magazines. I was starting to wonder if they'd "changed the rules."


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:21 PM.


Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.