General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 01:42 PM   #61  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

LOL, the cell phone bandit (the chick robbing banks while on her cell phone) lives right near me. One of the ladies in my office even knew her! She lives in the town in which I used to work at a restaurant, so I very well could have even served her before

Anyway, as for pet peeves...I would like to say that I, for one, DO talk on my cell phone while driving. However, the person to whom I am talking (typically my mother or sister) usually gets frustrated with me because I pay more attention to the road than to our conversation, so I end up talking about the car in front of me not using a signal light, the guy behind me driving too close, etc. Therefore, my car cell phone conversations don't normally last very long

And LovesBassets, I SO agree about the lane closure drivers! I HATE those people who go flying down the lane as if they are more important and don't deserve to sit in the traffic with the rest of us! I live in an insane traffic area and have driven long trips a million times (parents live in CT, sister lives in VA Beach, went to college in PA...), so I have seen it way too many times. On a trip home from GA over the summer, I actually saw something I LOVED in relation to this. A truck apparently had the same pet peeve as us, so he pulled into the lane that was closing and purposely drove JUST AS SLOW as the lane everyone was supposed to merge into. IT WAS AWESOME! The cars piling up behind him were honking and flashing their lights. Serves them right!

Sarahyu--I live in the DC area also, so I hear ya on the traffic! I used to live 12 miles from my office, and if I tried to go to work at a normal time (between 7am and 9am), it would literally take me over an hour to get there! Thankfully, I was able to change my hours to go in at 6am so I missed much of the insanity. As for flip-flops, maybe we work together, for I have certainly worn flip-flops to the office over the summer (and yes, they had a cute butterfly on them), as have some of the other younger girls here. When walking around, though, I try to make sure that they aren't loudly *slapping* against my feet.
As for grammatical/spelling/punctuation errors, they do bother me. I have never been a teacher, but I am a technical writer/editor, so I know when to use "its" and "it's" or "there," "their," or "they're." I try to understand, however, that some people just don't get it (just like I will never understand calculus, accounting, or statistics).
Old 11-19-2005, 07:26 PM   #62  
At it again

S/C/G: 166/160/140

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by shush
These aren't in order but...

1.Holding the door open for someone and they walk right through without a thank you.
3.Noisy eaters (chewing with mouth open)
Really!

and..

Bad children. I'm not talking about small children (it's understandable), but at least after the age of 10 your kid should know how to act in a public setting, or not curse at you or hit you. Rude children turn into rude adults.

Last edited by Eggers; 01-25-2006 at 05:14 PM.
Old 11-20-2005, 11:33 PM   #63  

Hi! I have to admit most of these pet peeves listed in this site are things that bug me, but I absolutely HATE getting those mushyor inspirational, or "lucky" fwd emails that are sent to me and 14 other people too. If I send you an email, even a fwd, it's because when I read it, I thought to myself, "Hey, so and so would get a kick out of this" or "This fits so and so's situation". I NEVER send emails to my entire address book. I dont even want a stupid email "guardian angel" if to have one, I have to "Send this email to 8 other friends and I better get it back also." If I do send out an email, I have no desire to have it sent right back to me! How stupid is that?Everytime I get one of these, it drives me NUTS. Last week everyone in our department got one that said "if you send this to 7 other people within the next half hour, in exactly the amount of minutes of your age, you will get a phone call granting you whatever you just wished for". Yeah right!!
Old 11-21-2005, 07:02 AM   #64  
Eating for two!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikiG
Hi! I have to admit most of these pet peeves listed in this site are things that bug me, but I absolutely HATE getting those mushyor inspirational, or "lucky" fwd emails that are sent to me and 14 other people too. If I send you an email, even a fwd, it's because when I read it, I thought to myself, "Hey, so and so would get a kick out of this" or "This fits so and so's situation". I NEVER send emails to my entire address book. I dont even want a stupid email "guardian angel" if to have one, I have to "Send this email to 8 other friends and I better get it back also." If I do send out an email, I have no desire to have it sent right back to me! How stupid is that?Everytime I get one of these, it drives me NUTS. Last week everyone in our department got one that said "if you send this to 7 other people within the next half hour, in exactly the amount of minutes of your age, you will get a phone call granting you whatever you just wished for". Yeah right!!
LOL I love the ones that are clearly intended for teenage girls that I somehow end up getting--"if you send this to 10 people in the next 10 minutes, the boy you like will call you within the next 10 days!" Whoopdy-freakin-doo...I have a live-in boyfriend, and no, he never calls me because we see each other every day and talk on AIM while at work

Oooh, or the ones that make you pick all kinds of numbers and people's names and then explains that first number you picked is how many people you must forward this to, the second number you picked is how many minutes you have, the first name you picked is someone you like, the second name you picked blah blah blah...I agree--I hate getting these emails and have never in my life forwarded them on to anyone, let alone my entire address book! Oh, and if I did, I would probably be happier to NOT get it again from the people I sent it to--who wants the same email 27 times?!
Old 11-21-2005, 09:08 AM   #65  
ButDoesntWannaLookLikeOne

S/C/G: 230/218/170

Height: 5'4"

This thread is getting really long, so I may have missed it if someone else already posted this:

Telemarketing companies that are now too lazy/cheap to have an ACTUAL (annoying) person call and pester you. Instead, they have (annoying) COMPUTERS that call and pester you. And the computer doesn't hang up when you do, thus tying up your phone line for as long as it likes.

Oooooooo, that ticks me off!!! AND I'M ON THE GOVERNMENT'S DO-NOT-CALL LIST!!!! And yet these stupid computers STILL call me!!!

Is it any wonder why I don't answer my phone between 4pm and 8pm??
Old 11-21-2005, 02:36 PM   #66  

Height: 5'5"

Biggest pet peeve~people who offer something to my kids(candy,toy) without asking me first. Why do you think they are bouncing off the walls at a party, some relative gave them a whole dish of m&m's. Next to that Traffic Traffic Traffic
Old 11-21-2005, 09:19 PM   #67  

1) Improperly parking! It only takes a FEW extra seconds to actually be parked in ONE space, as opposed to two.

2) People to take small children to movies that are DEFFINATLY not meant for small children. Either find a baby sitter or wait till the video comes out.

3) Rude, rude customers. I work in a grocery store and I cannot count the times someone has been rude/downright MEAN to me for not knowing the exact price of every single item in the store.

4) The phrase, "I'm so fat!" being uttered by someone under 200 pounds. Moreover, that very same phrase being uttered by a 120 pound teenage girl.

5) VERY SKINNY TEENAGERS BUYING DIET SODA! Aaargh!

6) Being hit on by middle age men. I'm twenty. Can you say, ew?
Old 11-21-2005, 11:03 PM   #68  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

SOOOOOOOOOOO~~~~ MIKIG and JILLYBEAN, you don't forward all those e-mails huh? Guess you two are the reason for all the BAD LUCK in the world.....and I thought I was the reason because I didn't bother to read them.......
Old 11-22-2005, 07:24 AM   #69  
Eating for two!

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayfiend
5) VERY SKINNY TEENAGERS BUYING DIET SODA! Aaargh!
Hmm...some people actually prefer the taste of diet to the super-sweet regular sodas. Also, just because someone is super-skinny doesn't mean they don't have sugar issues (not only that they could be diabetic or something, but that maybe sugar makes them really hyper). I definitely agree, though, that it bothers me to no end when skinny people complain about being fat. I have a cousin who is about 5'9" and back when I was in high school weighed probably all of 120 pounds soaking wet. She was taking modeling classes, so she was always complaining about how fat she was. UGH!

Along the same lines, I hate it when I try to confide in my (not overweight) friends about how difficult it is to be fat and how badly I need to lose weight, and instead of trying to help me, they either tell me I'm not fat (umm, hello, in the 300-pound range registers as fat on my 5'5" frame) or they say that they are fat, too, and also start complaining about all the weight they need to lose (what, 5 pounds? please!).
Old 11-22-2005, 08:30 AM   #70  

Two things that drive me completely nuts are those people who have the base on their car stereos set so high that you can feel it vibrating throughout your body and it drowns out the sound of anything else around you. UGH! The other one is when people do that thing to their car engines to make it sound like they left their muffler back on Oak St. OMG! I cannot stand that! I also take huge issue with stupid people. Now I don't mean those with mental disabilities or learning difficulties. I mean the ones who choose stupidity as a way of life because they're too lazy to strive for any better, and expect everyone else to take up their slack and baby them through life. Double UGH!! Of course there's more, but I'll leave it at that for now. Plus I second almost everything that everyone else has already said!

Beverly
Old 11-22-2005, 10:43 AM   #71  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

JILLYBEAN~ I'm with you on the diet drinks....I have a friends that just like it better, my kids are in their early 20's and athletic, when they drink soda, they usually drink diet because it has less sugar and they were brought up on the idea to start healthy habits and stay with them.
Old 11-22-2005, 11:12 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Some more pet peeves:

Litterbugs
Drivers with high-beams on while driving up behind you
Drivers with super loud radios & all their windows open
People who answer company phones & can barely speak English
Old 11-22-2005, 03:21 PM   #73  

Jillybean, I wasn't thinking about people who actually had a problem and I SHOULD have been. Thanks for pointing that out.
Old 11-22-2005, 04:12 PM   #74  

Here is another one of mine. When you pay money to go to the show and they play commercials. Hello I don't want to see commercials and I am not talking about previews but full out commercials.
Old 11-22-2005, 06:01 PM   #75  
Pending Email Confirmation

Beverly, I agree 100% about the booming bass. I usually look around to see who it is so I can give them a dirty look, but I can never tell where it's coming from. Which is just as well, because I'd probably get shot. And I also agree with you about stupid/lazy people (hmmm... I think your 2 pet peeves are related).

I hope I don't make any enemies here, but I can't stand the "celebrity worshippers". Who the heck cares who married Brad and Jen this week, or who Angelina is living with or why Britney looks sad? They can act or sing but that doesn't mean their private lives are all that interesting or enlightening. They're often complete idiots in real life, so their current love lives or political views are irrelevant as well as ridiculous, in my opinion.
Closed Thread