General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 12:34 PM   #31  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Guilty here! I use the word thingy when I can't think of what something is called. Also, with the grammar, etc. I tend to get lazy on boards or sending e-mails.

JuliaTN~I totally agree! It so irratates me to see someone throw their cigarette butt out the window. It's not so nasty that they can put the thing to their mouth but they can't put it out in their car ashtray! Ummm, that's what they are there for!
Old 11-10-2005, 04:42 PM   #32  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne 3FC
The use of the word "thingy". It's like fingernails on a chalkboard.
I prefer doohicky
Old 11-10-2005, 04:52 PM   #33  
Journey To The Thin Me

S/C/G: 252/234/140

Height: 5'4

Ok.. talking about "thingy". It really annoys me when I ask the DH what he's doing and he says "stuff". How much broader can he get?
Old 11-10-2005, 08:08 PM   #34  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Peeves as followed:

People who come to class late every single freaking day and look up at the clock like "What? I'm late?". GRRRRR!

People who have their church's sticker on their car (I don't know if that's just here or if people everywhere have those) and then drive like total a******s: cutting people off, small kids not in car seats, flipping people off etc.! OOOOOO, what a good Christian you are, good thing you have a sticker so everyone knows you go to church!

Squeeky pencils! Like nails on a chalkboard. I actually gave a girl a new pencil one day because I was going to have to leave class.

People at the store who park their cart in the aisle and then stand next to it and make it so no one could possibly get by! And then when you try and get by, they act like they don't see you!

I really could go on forever, I am highly annoyable!
Old 11-10-2005, 11:45 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 227/170/130

Height: 5'2

I love this thread!
Unfortunately for me, many things get on my nerves and there are so many times I feel I need professional help. No kidding!
I can not stand to hear someone chew their gum. It's not proper etiquette to chew food with your mouth open, so why is it okay to chomp and pop gum? I know, it's probably just me.
I also agree 100% about holding the door open for someone and getting no reply. Same goes for letting the driver who is talking on their cell phone into your lane and not getting a simple "thank you". It takes two seconds to show appreciation.
People who lick their fingers during eating. I know ribs, wings, etc. are messy.....but a lovely napkin can help you out. That sound is just annoying!
Old 11-10-2005, 11:49 PM   #36  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockItUp
I really could go on forever, I am highly annoyable!
Too perfect....

I have another one...people who don't pick up their feet when they walk...scuff...scuff...scuff

Old 11-11-2005, 01:21 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chick_in_the_hat
Too perfect....

I have another one...people who don't pick up their feet when they walk...scuff...scuff...scuff

My husband does that and it drives me NUTS. I've mentioned it so many times and he won't stop!
Old 11-11-2005, 02:30 AM   #38  

Default peeves

My pet peeves and this may sound funny to some people are:

1) People who put the TP on the holder so the paper goes under. My mom does this all the time so I take it off and put it over...which drives her nuts. Sorry, but if you look at TP with a design (swans or whatever) the TP is designed to go over.

2) When my girls or husband spit in the sink and don't rinse the sink....nasty!!!

3) People with 40 items in the express lane.

4) People who say "was" when they should have said "were". For instance my girlfriend said she and her brother "was going to Wal-mart" and I was like "you were".

5) People who seem nice enough but the first time you have a difference of opinion they desert you. I on the other hand can have a different view and leave it at that. It doesn't mean we should never talk again, it just means to avoid that area. Even worse is when they don't desert you, but instead try to convert you to their way of thinking.

There are a ton more (I should make a list!), but those are some of the big ones.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:14 PM   #39  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile

You ladies made me think of a few more...

People that go as far to take their shopping cart to the cart return thingy, or just leave it anywhere! (Sorry, Suzanne) I always take the time to put the cart where it goes because I don't want my car getting banged so I wouldn't want it to happen to someone else's, especially if the wind is blowing. If you are going to take it to the thing, then why not put it in there?!

And as Stephanie mentioned...people who block the aisle with their cart. I've had people say "oh, am I in your way?" Ummm, no I am just standing here for the heck of it. DUH!

Another BIG pet peeve is people and their cell phones!!! Every where I go someone is on a phone. In the grocery store, in the rest room at a store grocery/mall/Target etc...just talking away while on the toilet! I always wonder if the call is really that important that they can't wait until they get home, or at least in their car. But not while driving.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:28 PM   #40  
hara hachi bu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristi04
People that go as far to take their shopping cart to the cart return thingy, or just leave it anywhere! (Sorry, Suzanne) I always take the time to put the cart where it goes because I don't want my car getting banged so I wouldn't want it to happen to someone else's, especially if the wind is blowing. If you are going to take it to the thing, then why not put it in there?
I always put my cart back, and frequently I push the other carts nearby into the cart-return "corral" just to be a good citizen. Imagine how beautiful the world would be if people not only cleaned up after themselves, but occasionally picked up after others.
Old 11-11-2005, 03:26 PM   #41  
Want them Muscles!

S/C/G: 135/129/120

My biggest pet peeve

I woud have to say smokers who don't care who they smoke around, like us non smokers. for example, I have this "friend" (in quote cuz I can't really call her that after this inncedent) who I met up with in Toronto for a concert. I was 6 months out from finishing my second battle with CANCER. We get in this cab and she asks the driver if she can smoke in the cab...SHE IS SITTING RIGHT BESIDE ME!!!! I just told her not to smoke around me cuz i didn't want cancer again!

Sorry if I offend any smokers out there but please think of us non smokers
Old 11-11-2005, 05:53 PM   #42  
Pending Email Confirmation

Great thread! Lots of common themes, too. I like the off-the-wall pet peeves, as I have a few of my own in addition to the "normal" ones.

1. People who smoke in cars with children.
2. Pregnant women who smoke.
3. In restaurants, kids who are constantly getting up from the table and running around.
4. People who smack their lips when they eat (chew with their mouths open).
5. Bad grammar (and I'm talking everything, including misplaced modifiers and dangling participles in addition to words that are used incorrectly like "their" and "there").
6. The word "tweak" (I don't even know if that's spelled correctly, I just can't stand that word).
7. Atlanta drivers (well, since I'm one of them I shouldn't generalize; how about "most Atlanta drivers"... lol)

That's all for now, thanks for letting me vent. It makes me feel better seeing there are lots of other people out there who feel the way I do about some of these things; that gives me hope for the human race.

Cindy
Old 11-11-2005, 06:03 PM   #43  
hara hachi bu

OMG, yes, I hate seeing kids who are in charge, too. That's quite disturbing.
Old 11-11-2005, 07:08 PM   #44  
ButDoesntWannaLookLikeOne

S/C/G: 230/218/170

Here are a few from my (blissfully former) teaching days:

1. Parents who come to parent-teacher conferences and "can't believe" their child is failing and/or not doing well despite the fact that my students' grades were ONLINE and updated every night -- plus I was positively religious about calling parents when their child fell behind.

2. Parents who come to parent-teacher conferences and say "I can't get him/her to stop playing Nintendo" as if THAT'S an excuse for their child not doing homework. What do they want ME to do? Come over and sit with their kid?? Not my job!

3. Study hall .

...the above 3 things being just SOME of the reasons why I retired from teaching at the ripe old age of THIRTY.
Old 11-11-2005, 07:41 PM   #45  
Want them Muscles!

S/C/G: 135/129/120

Here is another one

watching sports on TV...SOOOOO BORING!
Closed Thread