General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2005, 12:44 AM   #1  

Default It's Your Life

How do you see your life a year from now ?

What goals do you want to achieve?

How do you want to feel about you?

what will yOu do different?
Old 10-08-2005, 05:03 PM   #2  
it's always something

you go first
Old 10-11-2005, 11:53 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/167/135

Height: 5'1

Default How interesting...

Um, hope it's ok if I answer, but I enjoyed thinking about how I would answer.

A year from now I will (here's to hoping!) be at or very close to my goal weight. Healthy, happy and no longer sitting on the sidelines watching.

My goals are to heal the feelings that cause me to feel icky about myself or depressed. I also want my kids to see mom as an active participant at the playground too, not just "fun Daddy!!"

I want to feel free. Free of this cage I've made for myself, by myself.

I will do all things different concerning eating habits, how I deal w/ stress and take more time for me because I deserve to look and feel fabulous!!

carafre
Old 10-12-2005, 10:32 AM   #4  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

How do you see your life a year from now? I see myself engaged to my current boyfriend (and making some wedding plans!), working for the same company (though possibly at another location), nearing Onederland (if not already there!), still working 2 jobs to pay off debt, and having to figure out if we're moving again or not (since we are moving to a new apartment this weekend with a 12-month lease)

What goals do you want to achieve? I want to be very near or IN Onederland, continue to surprise people at work with my excellent performance (despite my nonexistant prior experience), pay off my credit card debt, and I want to have a healthy, open, and honest relationship with my boyfriend.

How do you want to feel about you? I think everyone would want to be happy! I want to be proud of my accomplishments, for even if I don't reach all of my goals, I will have at least made some positive progress. As long as I can look in the mirror every day and kno that I'm working as hard as I can for what is important to me, then I will be happy

What will you do differently? Well, I will be living with my boyfriend for the first time, so lots of things will be different! I will have to take into consideration that I share my home with someone else, which I think will be the biggest change for me.
Old 10-16-2005, 09:32 PM   #5  

thanks for the responses you know what you can make it happen I know you can
every month on the date of your birth check and see how you are coming along
you will achieve your goals go for it
Old 10-17-2005, 03:09 PM   #6  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

So what are your answers then Flipafart?
Old 10-19-2005, 10:17 AM   #7  
Pending Email Confirmation

I think the most important thing from me is that I would have moved house, as I am just so desperate to move away from where I am.

I would like to think I would have successfully have completed the couse I am doing now through Open University....

Perhaps at least lost around 6 stone

Pass my driving test!

A big pay rise from work!
Old 10-19-2005, 10:19 AM   #8  

flipafart never responds if you ask something directly to him/her! I have seen him/her on many, many different boards (all over the place) just making short little comments. We don't know anything about this person because they never answer when you ask them anything! But maybe now that I posted this that person will state something!!! We can hope! I can see this making people very uncomfortable. But that is just my oppinion.

Last edited by TMunday; 10-19-2005 at 10:42 AM. Reason: stressed some words
Old 10-30-2005, 08:31 PM   #9  

sorry for making you uncomfortable Tmunday but I'm cool and if you knew me we would probably hang out together and have a blast. I have a time restraint problem that keeps me from having as much computer time as I want and yes I admit I am a
short and straight to the point type person. I stand corrected it is very rude of me to ignore a person when they ask me a question the only problem was I did not know I was asked a question because I did not subscribe to the thread I know its my fault and I apologize. Yes, I am very much human and I screw up sometimes but when I am good I am good I promise. so sorry TDmunday I want promise I want never do it again
but if I do have mercy forgive me and knowI did not do it on purpose.
Old 10-30-2005, 08:49 PM   #10  

How do I see myself a year from now? stronger, wiser, smarter and kinder, yes and
very much in shape thank you
what goals do you want to achieve? I have to learn to use chopsticks, become a stronger swimmer, be at 10% bodyfat by dec 31 2006,use my gifts and talents to help others
How do you want to feel about you? that I am living my purpose and not just going thorough the motions
what will you do different? I will write down my goal plan and monitor my progress monthly when I fall I will get back up and become better than I was before
Old 10-30-2005, 09:17 PM   #11  
Mel

Why do you want to be at 10% body fat? That's considered the very bottom of the essential body fat range. It's about the level that figure compitors aim for. Do you have any idea how difficult maintenance there would be? Most competitors maintain at 14-18% then lean out just for shows.

At 10%, many women lose their menstrual cycles, skin elasticity, and start to have other medical problems. Maintaining there would potentially cause osteoporosis, heart problems, kidney problems, fatigue, etc.

For most people, that's an unrealistic goal.

Mel
Old 10-31-2005, 12:15 AM   #12  

you are absolutely correct Mel thanks for the information
Old 10-31-2005, 02:23 PM   #13  
Journey To The Thin Me

S/C/G: 252/234/140

Height: 5'4

How do you see your life a year from now ?

I see myself living back home in Iowa. Possibly going back to school. I see myself being at my goal weight and maintaining it.

What goals do you want to achieve?

I want to be a better friend, partner, daughter, and mother. I want to learn more and I would like to start taking classes to earn a college degree. I want to be able to run and not get winded. I would like to start swimming.

How do you want to feel about you?

I want to feel proud of myself for accomplishing my goal of weight loss. I want to be able to look in the mirror and not be ashamed of my body.

What will you do different?

I will start a journal and continue to update it daily. I will push myself to get my exercises done each day and try to up them on a weekly or bi-weekly basis.

Last edited by AnnieFannie; 10-31-2005 at 02:26 PM.
Old 10-31-2005, 04:17 PM   #14  
hara hachi bu

Arrow Good Post!

How do you see your life a year from now? November 2006? I will be viewed as a "normal" weight. I will dress as Xena on Halloween. I will jog occasionally with my son. We will live in a home owned by me, not renting from a family member.

What goals do you want to achieve? I hope to be at or near goal. I will have a regular exercise program (doing what, I'm not sure yet). I want to be able to participate in any physical activity without worrying if I'm too fat or out of shape. I will have changed most of our social activities to be activity-based instead of eating-based.

How do you want to feel about you? I want to feel as good about my body as I do about my career or my parenting skills or my education. I want to continue to learn and apply boundaries to various intrapersonal situations; learning to handle feelings appropriately rather than stuffing them down with another piece of chocolate.

What will you do differently? I will continue with some changes I've made recently (cooking a healthy dinner for friends rather than eating restaurant food). I will seek out counseling or support groups when I have emotional issues that could result in overeating. I am planning to purchase a home and have some real privacy; that will make a world of difference.

Last edited by phantastica; 10-31-2005 at 09:03 PM. Reason: added the 'Xena' part
Old 10-31-2005, 08:54 PM   #15  

okay to everyone who posted goals thus far. I want you to print them out and look at them daily. I want you to make your dreams come true because I know each and everyone of you can. this is part of your purpose your mission it is your map for the life that you would like to live. I applaud each and everyone of you for writing your vision down, look at all the beautiful aspiration that lies inside of each and everyone of us
yearning to be born. make it happen. I wish all of you the best things that life has to offer and I hope that each of you offers this life your very best
Closed Thread