General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 10:41 AM   #1  

Exclamation A chubilicious moment...

I realize that I'm more of an observer on this site than someone who writes frequently however.... at this very moment.. i'm about to blow my preverbial top! ... why ?

I just finished reading my lovely bi-monthly/quarterly.. whatever... health mag from my insurance company.. and in it.. there is a big article about the cost of obesity... how much it costs the you's and me's... this article took my health as a big woman (220+).. and bulked me together with the rest of the obese america.... so now that I'm informed... I am PO'd... I'm tired of being classified as obese... why ? is there a term for overly skinny ? if there is ... when do we ever hear about it ? why is it ok to be a toothpick but not voluptuous ? why does the general population (which according to the article.. is obese).. assume that because you are big that you are 1 - lazy ? 2 - overeat.. ALL The time.. ? In this article.. it was stated ... a. Obese americans spend an average of 700-1grand more in health care because of the additional issues... (funny.. my BP has been great my whole fat life, as well as having No health issues, in fact I'm sure that I'm not the only fatty out there that spends LESS than the average on health care costs)... and that Me.. Ms. Fatty is in the habit of spending more money on food than the average Joe... Hmmm.. I wondered to my chubbilicious self... do i spend more money ? Maybe when I'm buying some out of season veggies.. or how about that Free range organic chicken breast that I bought... or even.. would I dare ? buy Water in a bottle and not from the tap ? Of course the article stated that my overexpenditures were due to the Supersizing of my food choices ... well Ok.. I have to admit.. I usually buy the BIG bottle of water... and ok.. while we're at it.. I do usually splurge and buy the little red potatoes.. (better-less starch).. and I tend to like tomatoes so I splurge on those as well.. I buy em' on the vine... GOD help ME !

When is the last time I had a supersized anything ? Maybe my fatness has made me forgetful.. but I can't remember the last time i was in a mcdon... drive thru..

at 220+ I work out for a total of hour sometimes and hour and 1/2 daily - without the chest pains, shortness of breath, and don't forget the simple just dropping dead from exhaustively working out my fat-a@#... I am ... AMAZINGLY able to do cardio... (tae bo, and I'm sure most of you all can manage as well)... and I do Pilates.. *SHOCKING*... yes.. America... Dr. whoeveryouare.. I can actually bend over and touch my toes... Not to mention Yoga... and how about just walking ? Us'ns fat folks can actually work out regularly (5 days a week)... Eat GOOD Food... (not fast food) and still manage to be friggin' fat... obese... large.... whatever you want to call me...

I think I've had an epiphany.. I'm not so tired of being fat... I tired of being stereotyped... and I'm tired of the general (did I mention.. general obese?) public working on the assumption that being a size 5=healthy... when being a size 22 can be just as healthy...

Sorry ladies.. but I am certain some of you feel the same frustration... in my PMS.. (which isn't heightened or affected by my plentifulness).. i just couldn't let this rant pass...

P.S. - My Bp was 126/80 at my last check up (a week ago)... I'm not diabetic... *Shocking*... and am suffering from nothing other than joy in life syndrome... although according to the general media... I should be a type something diabetic with high BP, cholesterol problems, infertile, and unable to enjoy the simple things in life because i'm always stuck in the drive through line.. not to mention I should be unable to move off the couch and instead have trained a service animal to fetch the chips off the counter... so that I don't get distracted from the daytime tv... since of course all these afflictions should leave me unable to sustain a job because i've been discriminated against.. or couldn't keep up with... lordy lordy help me.. I'm FAT ?
Old 09-27-2005, 11:55 AM   #2  
Determined

While I understand your frustration at being stereotyped, some of the stereotypes are true, that's why they exist. And while I do workout and the majority of the food I eat is healthy, I also eat my share of unhealthy food (too much and ). That's why I'm overweight, just realistically, people typically don't become obese off healthy food and an active life style. I do support embracing all different sizes of health, whether for you that's a 2 or a 14. But I also support a realistic acceptance of the risks that come with being overweight and taking responsibility for changing that. That's why I'm here. That being said, I do think it seems that obesity is one of the last acceptable things to be discriminatory about. Unfortunately I don't have any brilliant advice for that. Just what my Mom told me in 5th grade. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You just have to know what you need to do for you and let the rest roll off your shoulders. I feel you on the PMS. I WAS NOT fun to be around yesterday.
Closed Thread