General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2005, 05:46 PM   #16  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Nice to hear that you like so many things about your gyms!

I have something to add to my list: the fact that the shower area includes 1-shower stalls besides the more open spaced showers on the wall. And the fact that there are so many toilets there is never a line up.

It's in an old building, on several floors, so there are a lot of "hidden" spots, where you can skip rope or stretch on the mat on your own or with a friend, with nobody staring.
Old 08-06-2005, 02:54 AM   #17  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Here goes

* All the showers are in individual stalls with shower gel/shampoo dispensers.
* Weekday mornings its usually quiet enough that there isn't a wait for any of the cardio machines (although there are a couple of blokes who monopolise some of the weight machines from time to time)
* They keep on running "challenges" like how far can you swim/run in a month which can bring out my competitive streak and keep me going - on that subject my attendance has been really good for the past four months because I'm desperate to win member of the month!
* I can use other locations. There aren't many of them, and I've never done it, but the option's there.
* It's a hotel gym, so I get special offers for hotel stays elsewhere in the chain, and also discounts in the restaurant/bar.
* It's close to work and fits into my routine. This is the SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT THING in a gym for me. I don't care if other gyms are cheaper, better equiped or have more classes. If I can't get to them easily they're not worth it. This is just about the only gym between the place I park and the place I work so I have to walk straight past it twice a day - cuts down on the opportunities for excuses!
* There aren't any morning regulars who get dressed up and put their make up on for the gym, unlike some of the flashier gyms some of my mates go to.
* Free consultations to come up with a workout programme. I'll be honest, I've only used this once, but the option's there.
* Beauty treatments. Again I've never had one, but I can look at the price list and decide what facial or massage I'm going to treat myself to when I need a pick me up to keep on doing this.
Old 08-06-2005, 04:02 AM   #18  
mmmm.. ice cream

S/C/G: 238/135/125

Height: 5'4"

i like my gym because it's open all the time, so i can go at midnight if want, and that's about the time i like to go. also, they have t.v.s you can watch by plugging your headphones into the cardio machines. that's cool. and i can go to any location i want, and they're mostly everywhere. except i can't go to the fancy ones with like, massage parlors or whatever. not like i ever go to irvine, which is where the fancy-schmancy one is.
Closed Thread