General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2005, 08:08 AM   #1  
Collie Mommie

Default Anyone watch Celebrity Fit Club 2?

I saw a few episodes of the first one, so last night I tuned in to see the newest crop of celebrities take the challenge. I was wondering how they end up on the show. Tocara doesn't really sound like she wants to be there, and a few of the others (Phil and Jackee in particluar) I cannot envision taking the diet and exercise plans seriously.
It was funny to see Willy Ames and Jani Lane, though. Aging heartthrobs are always good for a hoot.
Old 07-13-2005, 12:31 PM   #2  

I think Phil Margera will do good. His son has been trying to get him to lose weight for a long time.
Old 07-13-2005, 12:40 PM   #3  
prepare for the BEST time

Isn't the Snapple lady back again on the show, she was on the first group? I keep trying to watch it but I always fall asleep...I see that Gary Busey is on.
Old 07-13-2005, 12:56 PM   #4  

yeah why is the snapple lady back?? talk about trying to keep her face on TV....
Old 07-13-2005, 05:45 PM   #5  

I think they asked Wendy to come back because she regained some of the weight she lost on the first show.
Old 07-16-2005, 10:55 AM   #6  

I can't believe Phil Margera thought eating an apple would make you gain more weight than eating candy. That's such warped thinking!!

I do like the show though, it's entertaining to say the least
Old 07-16-2005, 11:54 AM   #7  
Looking for Thin

I couldn't believe how Jani Lane looked. I was a huge Warrant fan in the late 80's early 90's. I watched the first fit club. It's an entertaining show. Their attitudes need a reality check sometimes though. It's kind of nice to see that celebrities have the same problems we do. I don't think some of them have what it takes to lose though. Jackee thought she could do it and not exercise at all. We'll see how they fare at the end. It's obvious the snapple lady didn't fair to well after the last show because she is back. I look for Jani and Phil to do the best and Victoria.
Old 07-16-2005, 12:54 PM   #8  

What episode are they on? I caught part of what looked like the first show,(picking teams).....it seems to be a bit more staged this time, the constant quotes, the "FABULOUS" woman who doesn't care that she's headed for HTN and diabetes mellitus at the age of 23, the ranting about no exercise and mis-pronounciation of a name, dragging your idiot father and airing your psycho-therapy on TV, geeze I wanted to slap them.

But WHO is Phil Magaria? He's the one I can't place??? (and that makes me crazy)
Old 07-17-2005, 01:10 AM   #9  
Looking for Thin

PHil Magera is the father of Bam Magera of MTV's Viva La Bam show. Bam is a skateboarder I think. I don't watch the show but the bits and pieces that I caught are of them making fun of Phil for his size.
Old 07-18-2005, 09:27 AM   #10  

thanks for the info, I went to VH1 site and looked it up too....

I notice they are all eating Nutrisystem meals this show, but there is no advertising for the product? hmmmm?

why did they change doctors and psychologists? I liked the old doctor better from season 1, he seemed to give more information.
Old 07-18-2005, 09:33 AM   #11  
Addicted to potato salad!

I watched the first show, or at least part of it, and was flat-out shocked at Willie Ames!! I mean, it's bad enough he's gained weight, but those tatooes!! It seems they make his stomach look even bigger, like an optical illusion. I imagine they looked cool when he had a six pack, but this is the reason we should choose our permanent markings very carefully....

Okay...gotta run...
Old 07-18-2005, 09:50 AM   #12  

my daughter got a tatoo of the sun about 2" diameter size of on her lower backside when she turned 18 (without me or her father knowing)....when she broke the news to us and showed the artwork, her father pointed out that if she gained weight, it would s-t-r-e-t-c-h out !
Old 07-20-2005, 10:05 AM   #13  
Collie Mommie

I was really impressed with everyone's weight loss in this first round. But it looks like next week something is really wrong with Jani - I guess that divorce is really mesing him up.
I wish they would show new pictures of them each week when showing the stats, instead of showing the same ones - where they circle their bodies with the stats on the right side of the screen. Or maybe put up a "before" and an "today/in progress" picture next to it so we can see the difference (and maybe spare the celebs the repeated showing of those awful before pics).
Old 07-20-2005, 10:22 AM   #14  

Looks like Toccarra also has some sort of pill habit.....from the preview, we'll find out on Sunday.
Old 07-20-2005, 12:06 PM   #15  
Haley

I watched the last one and thought it was pretty entertaining, haven't had a chance to catch the new one, but I definitely will. I was looking around on the vh1 site and a celebrity fit club "boot camp" dvd is being released on august 1st, I think I may get it.
Closed Thread