General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2005, 09:42 AM   #1  

S/C/G: Unhealthy/see ticker/happy

Height: 5ft 9in

Cool School's Out For Summer,

, and I know its going to be crazy. What are your plans for the summer? I tend to gain weight over the summer( I'm a stress eater), and plan on not doing that this summer. We bought a trailer recently, so hope to use it lots during summer. How about you?
Lovin Life on the beach,
Old 06-22-2005, 10:28 AM   #2  
Addicted to potato salad!

Where do you live in Canada? I live in Northern NY. Tomorrow is our last day. We spend a lot of time on the river, going to the library, eating ice cream (SF for me now that I'm dieting!!) and traveling to Rochester to see family. Other than that, we just chill out.

Have you ever seen the Staples commercial for back to school? A little girl with black hair and a rather 'dark, punkish' look to her is pouting as her father (with black nail polish on. YOu can only see his hands) is tossing pencils and school supplies in the cart. She looks at her father and says, "I thought you said, 'school's out for ever!'" And then her father, who is ALICE COOPER!!, points his finger at her and says, "Actually, I said, 'school's out for summer'". I just love that commercial!!

Old 06-22-2005, 08:37 PM   #3  
I believe in Futures

I tend to do the opposite and gain weight during WINTER and lose during summer!! It's just so nice out during the summer and there's so many outdoor activities you can do, you exercise without feeling like you are if you just get yourself outside! Biking, hiking, walking, running/jogging, swimming, go to the beach, etc etc etc! Just go out and stay out and enjoy yourself while you're at it!
Old 06-23-2005, 08:17 AM   #4  
Almost There..

I gain weight over the summer, as well. My friends'll go, "Hey, let's walk up to Taco Bell." Or, "Let's take the bus up to the mall! We can go to the Pepperoni Grill!" I'm just glad we don't have a car, we wouldn't get any walking done! Maybe since I'm getting a Frontier City/White Water Bay pass this year, it'll be different.

Now, in the winter, I live off soup and chili (with saltines and cornbread, of course), which can't have as many calories as Taco Bell or Italian food. =P Then I'll go out and lose miserably in snowball fights, or sled, or something. I'd like to try ice skating this year. I was going to learn when I was five or something, but I was afraid of the ice!
Old 06-23-2005, 09:19 AM   #5  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

My plan for the summer is . . . work! Aside from that though, I will be taking a week vacation to go with my bf to visit his parents (near Indianapolis) SOON, I can't wait! I am totally looking forward to a week off from school (for me, school is work -- I do research full time in the summer, they pay me).

On the weekends, well . . . I'd like to go to the beach, and Rhode Island has some nice beaches, so we'll see about that. I'd also like to drive up to Cape Cod for a day or something, it's only an hour away and I've never been there. I might take a weekend trip down to NYC to visit a friend too. As much as I miss living in Los Angeles, Providence sure is close to a lot of stuff! I feel like I should take advantage of that while I'm here (since I am dead set on moving once I graduate . . . this California girl can't handle New England weather!).
Closed Thread