General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2005, 12:25 PM   #16  
Addicted to potato salad!

I'm with you guys on the rude construction guys thing. Admittedly, I haven't had this problem since about 1996 or so...but I became practically caustic when I was in my hey day, once upon a time when I was a size 6...especially in the 80's when high heels and mini skirts were the thing. But I used to wear long skirts a lot, too. Some people when I complained about it would be all like, "Oh, I know, it must be so hard to have to endure the attention of men...", but I thought it was so trashy to be having to walk past a construction site and be verbally abused because I took the time to curl my hair and put on make up to look my best. I just thought it was so rude and consescending (sp). The more you ignored them, it seemed the more they heckled. So infuriating. So...now...my 11 year old DD is maturing at an accelerated rate and looks more like a full fledged teenager and I see the same types oogling at her and I'm like yelling, "SHE'S ELEVEN, YOU FRIGGEN PERVERT!!" So, anyhow...If I get to my old size again, if I get a heckle or two, it probably won't bother me too much at first because I'll know I'm starting to look like my old self again, but they better not even LOOK at my little girl ...creeps.

Old 06-15-2005, 12:35 PM   #17  

hey girls
I like this thread it def gives a different perspective.... I think the worse thing is people saying.."O wow your face sure has slimmed down I can see it..oh my god you can see your ribs..and WOW you were totally getting some love handles there but now they are gone YOU LOOK GREAT!!...or grab some skin and say..now all you have to do is lose this! yes I hate it so much!...but i keep in mind that I am doing this for ME and no one else...!

lots of <3
chels
Old 06-15-2005, 01:07 PM   #18  
I'm lovin my scale

Default What i don't like about losing weight

Mostly i'm really happy about losing weight, but there are a couple things i'm not particularly happy about.
1. My boobs, i used to have pretty decent breasts, course i also used to weigh 255lbs, but since losing, they're smaller, saggier and more uneven than they were before.
2.Even though i'm losing pretty quickly, the amount of time and effort it takes to bust one pound off my butt.
3. I'm cold, i hadn't really connected this to my weightloss till a couple of you guys mentioned it, but our AC is kept at 78, so it's definitely not cold in the house, but i always keep a blanket or sweatshirt near by in any case.
4. Not eating flour tortillas and tons of cheese, in my world cheese is it's own food group.
5. Attention from the weird guys on the bus, or on the street, or whatever.
That's it i guess, in all i love losing weight, i like the way i look and feel, and i'm getting a booty, the lack of which has been the bain of my existence, who ever heard of a black girl with no booty? Anway, y'all have a good day
Christine
Old 06-15-2005, 01:56 PM   #19  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Amen, Krista! I work so hard, and I have only lost 15 pounds in 3 months?! I count EVERYTHING--calories, fat, water, minutes of exercise...and the lowest number of them all is always the number of pounds lost. Soooo frustrating.

Know what's weird? I'm almost 300 pounds, but I still get hit on by weird guys at my part-time job sometimes (waitressing). People aren't usually flat-out rude, but they ask for my number or if I have a boyfriend...IT shows that part of it is all in how you carry yourself. When you're thinner, you have more confidence. I have confidence at that job because I know I am a good waitress, and I know I am good with people, so I stand tall! Most of the other times in my life, I just kinda slink around and try to hide the fat...
Old 06-16-2005, 02:00 AM   #20  
I believe in Futures

Hitting plateaus and coming to the realization that your body is just happy at that weight and no amount of effort or exercise will ever make the scale go down anymore!!!
Old 06-19-2005, 11:10 AM   #21  

1) Not being able to experiment as much in the kitchen. I love making really exotic and fattening meals- can't do that anymore

2) Not being able to eat whatever I want, whenever I want

3) My fiance and I used to love fine dining and we really cant do that (as much) anymore
Old 06-19-2005, 02:49 PM   #22  
Oddball

S/C/G: 185/157.4/135

The ONLY thing that frustrates me about losing weight is finding "in-between" clothes. I've lost enough weight that my old clothes don't really fit well anymore, but I've got a ways to go before I reach goal. I don't want to spend a lot of money on an "in-between" wardrobe, so I have to get creative with belts and safety pins on my old clothes.

I guess it's a money issue rather than a weight-loss issue, though, so perhaps this doesn't count.
Old 06-29-2005, 04:21 PM   #23  

For me, the frustrating thing is when your pants are sagging in the butt and getting longer and dowdy looking. You cant buy clothes for each size you lose, so you've gotta wear these big dowdy outfits for a while. BUT ILL DEAL WITH IT!!!
Old 06-29-2005, 05:01 PM   #24  

The only downside for me is the wait...of getting to goal weight!! I am certainly an immediate gratification kind of gal....oh well...teaching me patience!!!
Old 06-30-2005, 10:55 AM   #25  
Chuggin' along...

1. My boobs! My poor girls, they're so tiny now.
2. Sometimes when sitting on a hard surface my butt feels so bony it hurts! I swear, swear, swear it doesn't look bony. (just good! )
3. I've never had a lot of $ to buy clothes, no matter what weight I was. My bank account is hurting buying a whole new wardrobe now that I'm maintaining. At least I'm more willing to buy maintenance clothes than in-between clothes while I was losing.
4. Turning down chocolate. Sometimes.
5. Being hit on by men who've never spoken a word to me! I want to be liked for my charming personality, y'know? I didn't lose weight just to get harassed when I'm running (hint to the guys who pulled over last night and asked "excuse me...do you have a ring on your finger?", and the 2 guys who honked their horns, and to the whistler) Where were you 65 pounds ago?

But I'll definitely deal with it! The rewards far outweigh the negatives.
Old 06-30-2005, 05:05 PM   #26  

Unfortunately nothing yet. I haven't really lost enough weight to not like anything about it.
Old 06-30-2005, 07:28 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 238/157/138

Height: 5'4

This sagging ugly loose skin
Old 06-30-2005, 09:29 PM   #28  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Ok, here's a new one. Pregnancy on a skinny frame is much harder on my back and hips than it was on my larger frame. Or else this little fella just likes messing up momma's innards. But I never had as many aches with my daughter. You couldn't even really tell I was pregnant much then. Now though, it shows drastically. It's ALL hanging off the front.
Old 07-01-2005, 01:00 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 312/174/150

Cannot think of a single downer in losing weight!!
Old 07-01-2005, 03:39 PM   #30  
yvette120

I can't wait to see what losing weight will do for me, but I bet you all wouldn't change anything for the world, accept for you techwife I'm having the same problem with my daughter, she is thirteen and tall and pretty and she gets so many stares and I just want to keep her in the house and protect when we are out I give the guys dirty looks and they will turn away.

Closed Thread