General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 05:39 AM   #1  
Just Keep Swimming

S/C/G: 276/276/115

Angry Rude people!

I was at subway yesterday with Kris, My boyfriend. The entire time the girl was serving us, she was short, snobby and rude. I had gotten my diet soda, like always, only this time there was a leak in the cup. So I went up and asked for a new cup, holding mine up to prove it was leaking because it didnt look like she believed me. So I get the cup and I ask for napkins to Clean up the mess the leak had made on the counter. She rolled her eyes at me, sighed, and practically threw the napkins at me, snapping "Here!"

Okay, gee thanks, IM DOING YOU a favor by cleaning it up, and you are a snot? Next time, im leaving my leaking cup on the counter, roll your eyes at that!
Old 02-01-2005, 10:33 AM   #2  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Just think, you only had to deal with her for the few minutes you were being served!

Pity the people who work with her! She will always be a snot!
Old 02-01-2005, 10:42 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

What a total pig!!! I hate people that act like that, I always make it a point to point it out to them when people are rude. I'll say something like "my aren't you pleasant" When I was 7 months pregnant we were standing in line at home depot and this man and his wife come barging through and he almost knocked my on my butt so I said to my husband "gee he coulda said excuse me" and his wife turned around and says "well I'll say it for him" so I looked at her and I said "he sure could have, you're lucky he didn't knock me to the ground." that's when she noticed I was pregnant, she turned a lovely shade of purple and walked away. LOL I will not deal with people being rude to me so when they dish it I will dish it right back!
Old 02-02-2005, 01:08 PM   #4  

I know it's not, but I can't help but say that sometimes I think this is a WI thing. I'm from WI and it seems everywhere I go there are these rude people!! I used to smile a lot at everyone but now it just makes me mad when no one smiles back... everyone just glares like, how dare you even look at them. #($*&!(*)&!()*$&#(*&*#&$*&#(*(*# is what I want to shout sometimes!!!
Old 02-02-2005, 01:16 PM   #5  

Nope, I think it's a world-wide thing. Sometimes it helps to be oh-so-sweet to the people who are rude to you 'cause it makes them realize that they're idiots . Sometimes it helps to dish it back, like Michelle says. Sometimes either way is just a waste of your energy because they're jerks and the point is lost either way.

Do keep smiling, though. Does more good
Old 02-02-2005, 03:58 PM   #6  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

yeppers, I have to agree-I too think it is a worldwide thing. People are just rude nowdays and I don't understand it. Like you Michelle I too have said things to people when they are rude because it is totally uncalled for. I went to Hallmark and had some certificates that they send out and this woman got all snotty and said "Where did you get these?" Ummm, from Hallmark, what do you think I stole them? She said "I know that but did they send them to you?" Ummm, yeah. Well, you can only spend them on Hallmark products." I said Yes I know this. She said "Well, you don't have $12 worth of cards." I said "Yes I do, and I picked up the cards and said I actually have more than $12 and had to count it in front of her, and her respsonse was "Well" she was very agitated and acted like it was coming out of her pocket and like I stole the certificates. I told my son remind me not to ever come back to this Hallmark and I haven't. The woman was trying to make a scene and like embarrass me and I did nothing to provoke this or be treated this way. I bought a lot more than $12 worth of stuff and there was no reason for the attitude and disrespect. It's ridiculous how people carry on now days. If you don't like you job quit but don't take it out on other people. I've also done the sweet thing also. When someone is grumpy or has an attitude and hands me whatever I will smile as I am leaving and say, You have a nice day too! I am orginally from the south and when I first moved to CA years ago I always smiled at people and when they looked at me I smiled and always said HI. In the beginning they looked at me like I was crazy- like are you talking to me and why are you talking to me. I am still that way but after years of living in CA I find myself defending the natives because people say they are snotty. Mind you there are some, a lot that are but for the most part they aren't or I don't think so. Guess I lived there so long I consider myself one of them. There's just no reason for the disrespect or rudeness from anyone and no one should have to put up with it. Anyway...just my two cents!
Old 02-03-2005, 03:43 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Cristi,
Uggghhh I can't imagine how many times i have had clerks do something similar to me. I swear some people....I've even had clerks at an upscale department store here treat me like a third rate customer because I came in right after the gym in my sweats and icky workout hair and I finally told them that I'd just be happy to spend my money elsewhere! I figure that if a clerk can't always be pleasant to the public then they need to be relieved of their duty! I personally work in a hotel and I am Always pleasant to my guests, In fact I just arranged a stay for a gentleman whose best friend just passed away he stayed a whole extra day so he could thank me in person for listening to him and making sure everything was perfect when he arrived. He even broke down in tears and hugged me tonight when he came in the office to thank me. It was the sweetest thing god bless him, it's people like him who remind me of the good people in this world.

Oh don't you hate it when you smile at someone and they can't smile back!! It takes less muscle to smile than to frown lol guess not everyone has heard that!

Okay I'm done for now cuz I could go on and on!

Michelle
Old 02-03-2005, 12:08 PM   #8  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Michelle I too have had similar incidents also but for some reason that just really stuck with me. I guess I was so shocked that someone actually carried on that way in a store. I just don't get it. I worked in retail and worked in a Hospital gift shop, always, always had service with a smile no matter what. I always try to remember "Do unto others as you would have others do unto you" and I would never treat anyone the way some people feel the need to treat others. It's funny because I was listening to the radio this morning and the topic was snotty people and what city was better to live in here. I think there are snotty people everywhere as well as the rude.

And yes, I agree there are good people in the world. That was a sweet story. There are lots of grateful, good people and doesn't it make your day when you get a customer like that?
Old 02-03-2005, 04:17 PM   #9  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Oh don't you hate it when you smile at someone and they can't smile back!! It takes less muscle to smile than to frown lol guess not everyone has heard that!
It also tends to anger some people. Had a trucker once nearly tried pushing us out of the way on the highway. I got past the traffic and into the other lane and he flips on his cab light, goes by blaring his horn and flipping the bird. I waved and smiled and he just flipped the bird some more. Go figure.
Old 02-05-2005, 01:55 AM   #10  
Just Keep Swimming

S/C/G: 276/276/115

I just cant beleive that she was such a ***** to me when I was trying to help. I mean I didnt have to clean anything up, but I did...jesus
Old 02-05-2005, 08:31 PM   #11  

Rudeness angers me greatly. I work at a call center and take orders for many different catalogs. People say things you KNOW they'd never say to anyone in person. I've been called stupid, worthless and a *****... for reasons such as THEM not knowing where to find an item number even after I've explained in great detail where to find it (they always insist there's no item number and then tell me it was my job to find it anyway when they get embarrassed because they figure out the item number is the big, bold, black number right where I said it would be with the words "item number" in front of it), because I can't spell Sanzuquasephinbizi, because I can't find an item in my inventory when they give me an item number from a completely different catalog and just today... because the guy couldn't tell me the name of the product he needed even though he was holding the empty bottle in his hand.

Two things I've learned in my days as an order taker are...

#1. People are rude and self centered.
#2. People are STUPID!

The Subway employee shoulda been grateful you didn't act like many people and insist SHE clean it up because "it's her job". I encountered a Subway employee a while back whom I ask if the turkey was low fat and she looked at me like I was stupid and said, "WHAT?" I asked again and she looked at the other employee and said, "What is she TALKING about?!?" She looked back at me and told me she had no clue what I was talking about and shook her head as if I'd just spoken Klingon. The other girl looked embarrassed and said, "Yes ma'am, the turkey is low fat" and she smiled and she told the first girl that all I'd wanted to know was wether the turkey was low fat. The first girl rolled her eyes and shook her head and chuckled as she THREW together the rest of my sandwitch. I'll tell ya what - if I treated my customers the way I'm treated AS a cutomer, I'd get fired. Even when they freak out and tell me I'm stupid and worthless I still have to be nice which makes my skin crawl but it's my JOB.

Grrrrr!
Old 02-06-2005, 10:50 AM   #12  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Personally I would have taken her name down and complained to the manager about her attitude in person or in writing or even to their head office.

Companies usually appreciate feedback like that from their customers so they can address customer service issues or problem employees.

Maybe because I worked in retail myself for several years I expect good customer service but then I also treat store employees well (unless they are rude) because I know how hard that job can be.

My DH and I were in a large hardware store and were preparing to drop about $600.00 on our purchases for our new home. We were completely ignored by 3 different employees ( even when my husband said excuse me to one of them and they looked at him and just kept on walking ) so my husband just said to heck with this rolled our half filled cart up to the customer service desk and wallked past the cashier on the way out the door saying " I can't seem to get any service in here so I am going elsewhere".

We then went to their competition and got amazing service from a clerk who walked around the whole store with us helping us find everything in each department. He was polite, helpful and knew his stuff.

When we got home that night DH sent phone the customer service number for the first store and told them the details of what happened. They apologized profusely and sent us a $25.00 gift card.

He then sent an e-mail to the second store thanking them for the excellent customer service we got and named the store location and the employee and asked that our letter be forwarded to the store manager. We got a reply e-mail the next day thanking us for our letter. This store is now our new favorite store for home building and reno supplies.....

DH and I figure that if we are willing to complain about bad service then we should also be willing to compliment good service.

BTW we did use our $25.00 gift card at another location of the first store but the service at that one wasn't that great either...
Old 02-22-2005, 11:08 AM   #13  
Liz, Dressage Queen

S/C/G: 160/143/135

Height: 5'7"

Exclamation You Haven't Seen Rude Until You've Been to D.C.

I ride in to Washington, D.C. from almost Baltimore, MD, which means the train ride and the Metro ride make a 1 1/2 commute for me one way. Anyway, as I stand patiently in line to get on the train, MEN practically shove me away and push me on the ground to get on the train first. I know that chivalry is dying, but here in D.C. it is DEAD!

If anyone opens a door for me or holds it open as he goes through first, I almost have heart palpitations and faint from the shock of the courtesy.

I am ever hopeful that things will get better. Don't even get me started about drivers on the highway.
Old 02-23-2005, 12:29 PM   #14  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dressagequeen
If anyone opens a door for me or holds it open as he goes through first, I almost have heart palpitations and faint from the shock of the courtesy.
Yabbut, on the flipside of that, the poor guys who do open those doors are sometimes chewed out by women who want to scream about equality and feel that such a gesture, rather than being a nice thing, is some kind of evil machination and male dominated control. You can't win for losing. LOL

Use to have good samaritans who would try to save lives too, until the people they saved started suing them.
Old 02-24-2005, 10:01 AM   #15  
Liz, Dressage Queen

S/C/G: 160/143/135

Height: 5'7"

Unhappy Rudness Personified

[QUOTE=almostheaven]Yabbut, on the flipside of that, the poor guys who do open those doors are sometimes chewed out by women who want to scream about equality and feel that such a gesture, rather than being a nice thing, is some kind of evil machination and male dominated control. You can't win for losing. LOL

You're right about this. I had a co-worker who reamed out one of the attorneys we worked with for opening the door for her. She said that she didn't need to be indebted to him for openng the door. She told him never to do that again. The poor guy was just trying to be polite. You're right again, you can win for losing.

Of course, she is a very nasty, angry woman. She blamed me for getting her fired, too. She couldn't take any responsibility for her bad behavior for 3 1/2 years, so it was my fault. I wish I had that kind of power. I would have fired her the minute I started working there. LOL.
Closed Thread