General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2004, 12:39 PM   #1  

Angry Neighbors - Grrrr - a Rant

My neighbors are driving me insane. They've been noisy from the instant they moved in but nothing too bad. The worst until now was the time my daughter came home from school and opened her door and my entire house reeked of cigarette smoke because the man was apparently holed up in his bedroom smoking 40 packs of cigarettes. I put duct tape along the base boards of both our rooms and that hasn't happened again. Four night ago though * I was woke up by a slam on the wall 2 inches from my head so hard I could FEEL it. I lay there for a little bit listening to what sounded like someone bouncing a ball against random things in the room next to mine (this was CONSTANT - no seriously - this very loud banging would go on without pause for like 15 or 20 minutes at a time, then stop for 10 seconds then start all over) pierced periodically by a slam right by my head*. I finally fell asleep again only to [repeat between the *'s] 5 more times. At 3:20 I lay there staring at the clock wondering just what they could possibly be doing ALL NIGHT that would make that kinda noise. I lay there until I had to get up for work at 4:30 which is about the time the slamming finally stopped. The thing is is that it's the kids bedroom next to mine. He's like 10 or 12. There's just a dad (i assume it's a dad) and the kid. Seems he should be sleeping for school... although now that I think about it I don't think I've ever seen him go to school. Nor does the dad work. That's great and all but some people DO have work and school. I've banged back on the wall at 2AM and screamed, "HEY! KNOCK IT OFF WE NEED TO GET SOME SLEEP OVER HERE!" There's a pause and then it starts up again. This has gone on for 4 nights now. The dads room is next to my daughters and he bangs and pounds in there also she tells me and plays a TV loud until late and screams at the kid. It's been doable until now because it didn't really keep us awake but now they ARE keeping us awake and that's not gonna work. It pisses me off. This bounce/slam/pound thing happens every night. Not all night like the first night but still. Why are people so inconsiderate of others? I have always taken great care to be quiet because I know the walls are pretty thin. No one else has ever given me the same consideration though. Especially these jerks. Grrrrrrrr!!!!!

Everyone tells me to just go over and talk to the man but #1. That guy is NOT approachable. He doesn't look like the nicest of people and does not return waves/smiles. #2. If someone is so stupid that they don't know it's gonna keep their neighbors awake if they slam something into the adjoining walls all night - what good is it gonna do to talk to them?

Whew. Thanks for listening to me rant.
Old 12-02-2004, 12:52 PM   #2  

Call The Cops
Old 12-02-2004, 02:15 PM   #3  

that's what I was going to suggest- calling the police- could be harrassment or something technical I'm sure- disturbing the peace- there you go... all those "COPS" shows (and college parties ) are coming back to me now...

#1 don't apologize to the man or the cops for calling them. make sure you tell the cops everything, that you don't feel you could approach him or would have settled it yourself. don't apologize to the man for calling- after all you deserve to be comfortable in your own place!

#2 it might get worse but keep calling

#3 don't resort to their level. If they wanted to I'm sure it could backfire on you- "chaoticfish had her tv on so loud until 2:30 am" and then the cops would get mad and not help at all.

hope you get some sleep tonight!
good luck!
Old 12-02-2004, 10:59 PM   #4  
Go, Banana!

.... sounds like my neighbors!!!!! if your in an apartment id suggest calling the front office... or the cops. im such a quiet person, i have zero tolerance for stupidity like that. the other day the neighbors above me left there dog on the porch and when it had peed, it leaked through onto my patio. (its wooden beams, so it has holes init, i wish it was cement) i called the front office but nothing has happened yet. everyday these people pound when they walk, yell and play horrible horrible gangsta rap. they moved in exactly one day after i moved in, and i havent had quiet in 4 months. i wish it would end! i would make it a mission to get them kicked out... but im scared of bad karma lol.

wishing you luck with your stupid neighbors!

irina
Closed Thread