3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   I'm crazy! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/44971-im-crazy.html)

SwimGirl 08-12-2004 03:50 AM

I'm crazy!

So! I am crazy, it's true.. and I suspect I might be a bit materialistic as well. Today on my way home from work I found Prada sunglasses! 350 dollar pair no less!! (from what I can figure from some online research, did you know Prada has a serial code type thing?) First, who spends that kinda cash on sunglasses? (hrm, I found it in an upper scale Asian mall.. maybe a clue?), Second, who LOSES them? I know I am keeping them as safe as I possibly can. Should I try giving them back? But who would I give them to? The mall itself doesn't have a lost and found (I wandered thru it), and whoever I give them to might think "hahah, that sucker just gave me 350 dollar sunglasses". Maybe it's karma, but maybe it's just luck. I like to think karma, because I am one of those people that when I see a person drop 2 dollars ( a coin here in Canada), I give it back to that person. Or maybe I'm just trying to justify it to myself? I think too much, eh? :lol: Either way, thats my story, and I feel the need to share it with pretty much anyone who will listen, heh. :)

Lyria 08-12-2004 04:04 AM

Maybe the Mall has a Help Desk? I found a wallet in the mall not long ago that by some miracle still had everything in, cards, cash etc. I handed it in to the Help Desk since there wasnt a lost and found as such either.

NYCT1981 08-12-2004 09:54 AM

I lost my sunglasses a few months ago, in the bathroom in the building where i work. well, i left them on the counter by accident and when i returned, they were gone. i was really mad at myself for leaving them there because i had spent $130 on them (Dolce & Gabbana), and I loved them.

Anyway, I put a sign up and it turns out that another nice person from a different office took them so no one else would steal them, and she returned them to me the next time she was in the building. so i was very relieved.

i guess the moral of the story is that whoever lost their sunglasses is probably desperately looking for them (unless it was like some paris hilton rich person who doesn't care) so maybe the mall info desk might be able to help you return them. if you don't trust them, just give them your phone number just in case someone comes looking for them. then, they can call you and you can return them. if no one shows up looking for them, i guess they are yours!!

SwimGirl 08-12-2004 12:47 PM

I will definitely keep my eyes open for a sign incase someone is looking for them, I don't think the help desk will be much help :( I went into the mall one day to buy something to drink, and no one in the food court spoke english, it was almost like a mini-china town, but in a mall. From what I know about the mall (which I walk thru as a short cut to work everyday), it's extremely upscale, and I wonder if anyone will even care? I currently live in a rich area of town, and I swear, these kids up here get everything they want, when they want it, doesn't matter WHAT it is either. I remember one of my friends was telling me about how the "poor" people at her school used to drive BMW's.. there is a car better than a BMW?!? Anyways! I shall keep my eyes open for a lost sign. :)

myboy'smommy 08-15-2004 10:13 PM

If they have a serial number, perhaps they are registered?? I'd leave a note at the help desk and perhaps email Prada if they register their sunglasses. If no one claims them, wear them and enjoy!