3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   How do you treat yourself? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/315029-how-do-you-treat-yourself.html)

KoalaT 02-02-2018 03:54 PM

How do you treat yourself?

Hi all,

I'm looking to have a nice relaxing day tomorrow, in celebration of being 15 pounds down. What do y'all do to treat yourselves after mini-goals?

I'm not really a day-spa person, and I like to be active...but I also feel a need to pamper myself. It's not been easy getting here, and I could use motivation to continue!

amzounslide95 10-16-2019 05:55 PM

I definitely head to boots to treat myself.

Phaedra 10-18-2019 06:15 PM

Not sure what speaks to you. Shoes jewelry scarves purse? Expensive accessories can perk up a plain outfit.

Maybe go for a makeover and get some expensive makeup. Looking good always helps. :D

Charly22 11-05-2019 02:46 AM

I am a plant lover, so I buy a cool plant or some flowers everytime I reach a mini goal :)
The more plants I have the more successful I am :D They last and I am joyful every time I enter my flat :)

Alexistrophic 12-18-2019 11:31 AM

This is a great thread! Love the idea of buying plants to celebrate!!!

ange82much 12-18-2019 04:39 PM

love it! plants are a fantastic idea!

socialmedia.garden 03-13-2020 09:59 PM

Buying new games or eating fancy foods.

Marcie319 07-03-2020 10:24 PM

I was just thinking of this today! How to treat/reward myself after I reach my mini-goal. I'm thinking about new running shoes that I saw on Amazon or a nice hoodie.

lisaloveshearts 08-12-2020 12:57 AM

Gosh, I don't really treat myself. Is that weird?

Sweet Tea Sweetie 08-17-2020 11:57 PM

I never really treated myself, I'd just give myself a weekly treat day.
But I like the idea of rewarding yourself with plants because I have a huge green thumb.

AnnC123 08-20-2020 10:16 AM

The other day I bought Pasta Bowls. They were from walmart and they were Pioneer Woman. They made me want to eat healthy food out of them. I realized all of my previous dishes are white. These are so colourful. I thought I can order different pieces as a reward and then replace all my old dishes eventually.

Wannabehealthy 08-21-2020 09:56 AM

I don't really treat myself because when I want something I just get it. The exception is DQ ice cream. I allow myself to have a cone after each 5 lb loss. That's my guilty pleasure.

vchan000 08-28-2020 02:38 PM

Husband and I are both on the weight loss kick this time, so what we've been doing is the portion of the budget that HAD been spent on ordering in (and eating out before the world went to pot in March) is being saved in a separate account. When either of us hit a minigoal, we usually treat ourselves to a new book, video game, art supplies etc. It depends on what we're looking for when the goal is reached. The value keeps going up on the account and for a major goal we may use it for a vacation if travel is reasonable when we get there, or if not, we're going to do a meal, with wine at the most expensive restaurant in town.

adamr 10-27-2020 08:21 PM

Mine is a lot like that. The money I used to use on Chinese food and bakery items I now have separated and I use that has my "spending money" It generally goes into something like a game or something for the house. It works for me to get something that I can say I earned and look at it and say "I got that with me watching with what I eat now, not bad me."

SoSoSmooth 10-27-2020 08:24 PM

I usually watch a movie or buy myself something nice.. as a treat for myself