General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 11-12-2017, 05:49 AM   #1  

Default Lets talk Snoring...

For a long time I was ashamed to share a room with someone. More exactly, to share a bed.

My self- image played a big role in that, I just thought I wasn't good looking enough, that I wasn't worthy. After I met my partner, I begin to feel better about myself. I was no longer trying to hide myself under the covers.

However, I still had a big problem - I used to snore very loudly. You can't imagine how I felt when my partner made a remark about me ,,waking up the neighborhood"...

I knew my weight played a big part. I looked for remedies, my mother bought me a nasal dilatetor. It helped, I saw some results but because of a rough time in my life my snoring got back...

In the last months I tried to make more major changes to my life. I found a treatment plan that aligned with my weight loss goals. I stopped drinking so much during the week, only indulging myself on weekends. I tried to limit fast food to once a month(Thats still a work in progress). I found out that my sleep problem can also be because of stress- so now I try to meditate here and there.

I'm happy to know I'm making progress. Maybe is baby steps progress, but if I learned something from my weight loss journey is that, this is the only way...

Does anyone else has a snoring problem? Am I the only one? How are you dealing with it?
Christine Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 08:09 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

My snoring was caused mainly by Sleep Apnea, and I now use a Cpap machine. My husband used to snore but after he had a heart attack and was treated for blocked arteries he only snores occasionally, and then, only lightly.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 02:30 PM   #3  
High Fat/Low Carb=Happy!

Height: 5'9" Age: 50

My late mother was the champion snorer of all time, and without apnea. She was hospitalized for a cerebral aneurysm and the doctor showed me her CAT scan to explain what was going on and one of the things I couldn't help but notice was that she had a SEVERELY deviated septum. Deviated enough that me, a layperson, could see it.

Snoring NOT accompanied by apnea (your partner can tell you if you have apnea, it's gasping following an extended pause in breathing), particular in a person who suffers from frequent sinus infections or just general trouble with breathing, should be brought up to either your doctor or directly with an ENT.
ReNew Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 11:09 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 189/175/140

Height: 5’6”

I am a banshe snorer, stress and weight gain I assume. You aren’t the only one!

Last edited by Serens Choice; 12-11-2017 at 11:09 PM.
Serens Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 12:31 PM   #5  

As I gained some weight, I snore regularly....also, have no idea, how to handle it. Hope, when I lose some weight, everything will be ok
JuliaDacy is offline   Reply With Quote