General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 10-07-2016, 10:10 AM   #1  
Wandering in the Woods

Default Sweater Challenge (for knitters)

Hi there everybody! Hey, I'm back with renewed plan and very inventive reward system! Okay, first off, I'm a knitter and I sew clothes too, but in recent decade have not wanted to sew and dressed in rags as I am knitting for others, for my nieces, husbands g-kids, and never for ME!

As many of us have with clothes, I have a vision of a slimmer ME enjoying those sweaters of beautiful yarns. (( Are there other knitters or seamstresses here who can relate? )) I thought I'd share with you all my reward plan, which is totally self-indulgent without food.

I crave walking, and knitting. I crave slimness, and I crave wearing sensual soft clothes that are comfortable. I have a vision of a slimmer ME enjoying those sweaters of beautiful yarns and hand-made clothes with beautiful fabrics. I have been ruminating this Sweater Descent idea now for a year, yes, although I haven’t lost any weight in a year, thats okay, its here forth~~ and my new reward~~ Sweater Descent!

Every 5 pounds I lose I get to buy yarn and knit another sweater (and sew outfit to go with it) , which should take about as much time as it takes to lose the 5 pounds. Ultimate ultimate goal is 50 pounds, but for the sake of being realistic, I want to set my goal at 40 pounds. That is 8 sweaters for 40 pounds! I am beginning my new sweater the moment I hit goal weight. That is, my first goal weight is 180 pounds, and I’ll buy yarn and start, but okay, the first sweater I already bought it a year ago, a nice bunch of Donegal Aran Tweed from Ireland.

I don’t plan on any major calorie restriction, but this is the fun part, the reward system! My eating plan is always the tough part, so I’m giving myself a long time and not expecting fast weight-loss … let 5 pounds be about as long as it takes me to knit a sweater (I’m a pretty fast knitter in that I’m constantly knitting).

How about any of you knitters/crocheters out there ~~~ want to join me in a Sweater Challenge?

Last edited by Hermit Girl; 10-09-2016 at 10:31 AM. Reason: text
Hermit Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 04:55 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/189/130

Height: 5 feet

Hi hermit girl...I to am a knitter and NEED a challenge. I have a sweater to finish on the needles right now. I also need to lose about 60lbs and this sweater is a size smaller so maybe a good incentive..

Hhhmmmmmmm☺
pennykate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 01:35 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 331.2/304.8/180

Height: 5'7"

I've been thinking about doing this as well. I saw a lovely sweater pattern in the latest WEBS catalog and I'm really tempted to buy it in a smaller size and have it fit when I'm done knitting it.
Sencha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 02:33 AM   #4  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Hermit Girl, what a great idea! I'm currently knitting myself an autumn cardigan but I think when I get it done I'll have a look for a weightloss challenge project. The cardigan's fine, perfectly nice, but I like the idea of making something extra pretty in a smaller size.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 12:43 PM   #5  

Looks cool.
jassieterlington is offline   Reply With Quote