General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 08-12-2016, 09:19 PM   #1  

Default Guy stares at you. What is your thought?

For the past few months I've actually been feeling pretty good about myself, so much that when I thought a guy was cute it wasn't immediately followed by "He probably thinks I'm too fat."

Today, though, I was having a huge lunch and then decided to get ice cream for dessert, and then I suddenly noticed this guy staring at me. I won't lie: my first response was feeling flattered, although I didn't look in his direction again. Later, though, it occurred to me that his expression could be interpreted as a look of disgust, like what he really wanted to do was tell me to put the ice cream down.

Has anyone had a similar experience? If so, what do you think is going on inside those guys' heads?
turning30andexcited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 10:34 PM   #2  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

I think he wanted your ice cream.
SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 11:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 324/Ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Doesn't matter why - he's a jerk either way for making you feel uncomfortable.
fat2fitgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 06:23 PM   #4  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

I think most people can generally read micro-expressions and the fact that your first instinct was to feel flattered makes me think his perception of you was positive. In either case, I'd choose to look at it that way, since you don't know for sure and it's better to think positive.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 07:57 PM   #5  
Shorty getting fit

S/C/G: 162/132/119

My vote is, "what someone else thinks of me is none of my business." It's so empowering not to give a f.

Good, bad, it would just be speculation. That speculation would reveal ourselves, but not necessarily that guy. I find that our interpretations of other people are often like Rorschachs to see our own inner state. We're more prone to interpreting judgment when we're feeling insecure, flirtation when we're feeling feisty, etc.

If he didn't harass you or ask you out, he's meaningless. Save your attention for the guys who give you something good to notice.
Chunkahlunkah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 07:40 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

According to every single guy I've ever known, the truth is that when a man sees a woman licking an ice cream cone they're only thinking about themselves. Men are little piggies poor things. Don't think too much about it.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 12:19 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 175/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunkahlunkah View Post
My vote is, "what someone else thinks of me is none of my business." It's so empowering not to give a f.
So much this ^
Psyche_ is offline   Reply With Quote