3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   Foods you love! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/306587-foods-you-love.html)

Rechyl 09-27-2015 01:54 PM

Foods you love!

just made a large batch of chilli with lots of veggies!
i love chilli!

what do you love?

IanG 09-27-2015 09:44 PM

Fish and seafood. It has changed my life.

alaskanlaughter 09-28-2015 11:48 AM

spinach sauteed in olive oil and garlic salt....man, I could eat that every day!

pizza fixings: sauteed veggies with some pizza sauce and mozz cheese on top

I also love chili!

I also love fish and seafood but I grew up on a steady diet of wild-caught Alaskan salmon so I got rather worn out on that :)

Are you only asking about HEALTHY foods we love?? *hehe*

Rechyl 09-28-2015 03:14 PM

i am trying to get into fish more. problem is, i dont like the taste of fishy fish (salmon, trout, bream etc) even Cod is too fishy for me.
However, on holiday this year i discovered red snapper and Halibut which i enjoyed. I like tinned tuna and fresh haddock - not smoked.

Any food you like - healthy or otherwise!

I also LOVE melon especially canteloupe

Palestrina 09-29-2015 10:54 AM

Rechyl, I really love fish but I don't like it to be fishy either. You do get used to it after a while but you have to be a little careful with halibut and tuna, large fish like those do have a lot of mercury so don't over do it. If you like sushi try salmon, there is absolutely no fishy odor in raw salmon but it does get a little fishy when you cook it. The opposite is true with tuna, I don't like it raw because of the fishyness but if you cook it it tastes like meat.

I love potatoes in every way. Boiled, mashed, roasted, baked, and of course fried. The only potato I don't like is hash browns.

Roasted veggies, I can eat them every day! Squash, cauliflower, bell peppers, mushrooms, carrots, onions, garlic, tomatoes... you name it and I roast it! Just toss with a little olive oil and dried herbs and spices and toast until golden. Then when it comes out of the oven I sprinkle with whatever fresh herb I have laying around and a bit of lemon juice. It's perfect and I could eat it every day.

Spinach. It's an everyday thing for me, in my smoothie, in an omelet, in soups and salads and pasta, it's just perfect.

Shellfish- I go wild! I keep frozen shrimp on hand and toss in my salads, and I love oysters and clams raw! If I could afford lobster every day I would.

Rechyl 09-29-2015 01:08 PM

wow palestrina!

Im very fussy when it comes to food. Some i like but only made a certain way - i like most veg but cant stand anything roasted - not even potatoes.
Ill also only eat tomato if i cut it myself - cucumber i have to push to eat if someone else has cut it.
I always think i dont like cinnamon but when i taste it i remember i do like it.

I dont like rice pudding but sometimes i crave it and HAVE to eat it, same with custard.

Bloopers 10-01-2015 07:20 AM

Healthy foods as of lately: baked salmon with broccoli, chicken alfredo spaghetti squash, chicken tortilla wraps with lettuce & hot sauce.

Unhealthy: run of the mill chinese food :( (wings, sweet & sour chicken/general tso chicken, egg rolls, etc etc)

I also love crabs and crawfish but I don't eat it much because of the high cholesterol content.

Raisin5Cookies 10-01-2015 07:32 AM

I made a batch of hummus this morning and have just eaten half of it with a few carrots. Mmmm.

Cheese is a big love - I can't wait for Christmas when the fancy cheeses come out.

nerdette 10-10-2015 05:03 AM

A lean pork cutlet and unsweetened applesauce is my go-to comfort food. I could eat it every day for a year and never tire of it.

Wonton soup is also a big favorite. I make it from scratch so I know how many calories are in each serving and it's amazing on a cold day. I use lots of bok choy and Chinese broccoli to get in plenty of veggies.

Jenny_G 10-14-2015 12:08 PM

Oh man chili is really good, but chicken parm is without a doubt my favorite.

katiam247 10-14-2015 01:04 PM

Bloopers, good news! Eat as much crab as you want. Dietary guidelines have been wrong for years!
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...ol-limits.aspx

GobabyGoGO 10-15-2015 02:27 PM

I made a batch of roasted carrot hummus and have been having it with a piece of naan for a meal, sooo good. I've also been making homemade chicken soup like once a week, totally one of my favorite things to cook right now.

Rechyl 11-21-2015 01:39 PM

have you tried pita pizzas? basically you use pita bread as the base (i sometimes put some philly inside so it feels like stuffed crust and then lovely tomato passata on top and a little sprinkling of cheese

Fatbloke 11-23-2015 10:45 PM

Icecream, pizza, chocolate cake, steak and guiness pie, lemon meringue pie, cheesecake, macaroni cheese, pancakes with lemon juice and sugar...all very healthy options. I actually don't eat this stuff very often but when discussing food as loveable the above junk definitely qualifies

Rechyl 11-24-2015 02:48 PM

macaroni cheese (drools) especially with bacon is awesome