General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 02-24-2015, 08:21 PM   #1  
Proverbs 31:10-31

S/C/G: 200/146/120

Height: 5'1"

Default Anybody heard of le-vel's Thrive???

Its an MLM style company selling some new weight-loss thing. I'm not going to buy it or anything, nor I trying to sell it, but it has been popping up in my Facebook lately and an aquaintance of mine just started using it. Was wondering if anyone knew what it was all about, as I can only find reviews from the website itself so I'm sure they have a slight bias.

Its supposed to be filled with all natural vitamins, consisting of pills, shake and a patch (this was a first for me. I'd never heard of a diet/health patch!)

I'm curious cause, as I mentioned, a friend of mine started using it and she's been talking about all of her extra energy, etc, but she's also suddenly kept getting sick and been unable to shake off her sickness... I can't help but feel the two are related and I worry about what she could be doing to her body. She really wants the weight loss and health for a job, but I'm afraid she might have bought into this for a quick fix and it could do more harm than good. She's said she lost ten pounds, which is great for her, but I guess I'm still suspect.
SenseAndSensibility is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 12:35 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

I could definitely rant about MLM scams, but I don't think you're asking that so I'll zip my lips.

However, I did look up the product for negative reviews and side effects.
First big red flag to me: I can't easily find a list of ingredients. I did eventually find a list in someone's review on amazon.
the side effects I found online were really scary. Many people compare the high dose of caffeine to speed. That's (hopefully) an exaggeration, but a lot of people complained about feeling very jittery and sick from all the stimulants. GI issues too.
Quiet Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote