General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 01-05-2015, 02:01 AM   #1  
Dreamer

S/C/G: 173/158/100

Height: 5"2

Default The Vintage Hourglass Look

Does anyone find this body type simply DIVINE?
This is how I want to look like at the end of my goal weight.

Just.. wow.
zerosedeluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 04:50 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 317/278/150

Height: 5*3

Yes!! I love it.. I'm morbidly obese but my shape is still hourglass, of course it doesn't look nice now like it did 120 lbs ago. I hope to get back to this one day.
ReeseJimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 12:56 PM   #3  
Proverbs 31:10-31

S/C/G: 200/146/120

Height: 5'1"

I'd love to be an hourglass but its never gonna happen! I'm a pear (and overweright I'm taking on an apple shape too!) So I can look but can't safely dream

But, I'll have to learn to love my shape and learn how to dress it. That's one of my problems, I have a very limited fashion sense. I could balance my figure more if I knee how to dress it.
SenseAndSensibility is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 01:43 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 335HW/see ticker/195

Height: 5'9''

I love that shape! Funny though that these women would still be considered "big" by today's standards because they have full hips and boobs...

;-)
Melfuchsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 02:29 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 296/273/190

Height: 5'10

As someone with custom-made corsets... all those women are wearing them, or took one off immediately before the photo (except the second to last, which has a different shape). In the last photo I am pretty sure I can see the lines and pressure points from a corset. When you take off a corset the shape can hold for a while, especially if you wear one frequently and/or the shape change is extreme.

Interestingly, this type of hourglass shape is easiest to achieve when slightly overweight or on the high end of normal. If you get down to a lower normal weight or if you have a lot of lean mass (and not much fat) you don't have as much movable tissue. Kind of a nice thing for us weight-loss girls, because a corset can do things for us that it can't do for skinny girls.

I'm not saying an hourglass shape isn't achievable without a corset, for the record (I had an hourglass shape and when I was lean — large chest and hips/bum, with a relatively small waist and flat tummy)... but these photos are extreme examples which you shouldn't expect to achieve without a corset.
faiora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 05:19 PM   #6  
Dreamer

S/C/G: 173/158/100

Height: 5"2

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiora View Post
As someone with custom-made corsets... all those women are wearing them, or took one off immediately before the photo (except the second to last, which has a different shape). In the last photo I am pretty sure I can see the lines and pressure points from a corset. When you take off a corset the shape can hold for a while, especially if you wear one frequently and/or the shape change is extreme.

Interestingly, this type of hourglass shape is easiest to achieve when slightly overweight or on the high end of normal. If you get down to a lower normal weight or if you have a lot of lean mass (and not much fat) you don't have as much movable tissue. Kind of a nice thing for us weight-loss girls, because a corset can do things for us that it can't do for skinny girls.

I'm not saying an hourglass shape isn't achievable without a corset, for the record (I had an hourglass shape and when I was lean — large chest and hips/bum, with a relatively small waist and flat tummy)... but these photos are extreme examples which you shouldn't expect to achieve without a corset.
True. One of the highest paying models in the 50s was a natural apple shape but corseting her waist to 18 inches gave her an hourglass figure! When I'm done with my weight loss journey I may buy a corset seeing if my waist isn't small enough.

Last edited by zerosedeluna; 01-05-2015 at 05:20 PM.
zerosedeluna is offline   Reply With Quote