General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 01-07-2015, 11:19 PM   #16  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by banditbear View Post
OMG I think I just barfed.
I work for a veterinarian, and see all kinds of yukky stuff, but the toothpaste thing, ICK!

She is just weird! She has lived in her car, not because she could not afford a place, because she did not want to spend the money, on heat and lights, when she had sleeping bag, and the backseat of the car was FREE.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 09:52 AM   #17  
Counting bites!

S/C/G: 282/255/130

Kill her with kindness. Get the number of a therapist specializing in body issues and the next time she has a rude outburst, put on your best "poor you" face and tell her how concerned you are for her and give her the number. If she objects, tell her that her constant inappropriate outbursts are what made you concerned, hopefully she'll take the hint.
izzyboomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 10:13 AM   #18  
apple to apple core

S/C/G: 275/215/175

Height: 5'7"

There are a few skinny ladies and girls at my work who do this and it boggles my mind. When the situation demands I respond in some way, I usually say, "I never realized how hard it was to maintain weight until I lost mine; I really admire your hard work at maintaining!" It keeps me from having a ridiculous discussion on how I am mathematically 90 lbs heavier than her "hugeness" at 120, and she feels complimented in some manner.
TooWicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 11:01 AM   #19  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

I have been thinking about this.

If I ever were to get down to 120 pounds, it would be such hard work and basically denying anything and everything that tasted good. I think I would be guilty of what the co-worker was doing. -- Losing weight is hard, keeping it off is hard. -- If it was easy, I would not be sitting here 30 pounds over weight.

She is maintaining because she is cautious. Maybe she does not go the proper way about expressing it, but I think someone who is over 50 and 115 pounds should get kudos, not ridicule.

Sorry if I don't agree with you all, but just my two cents worth.
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 11:20 AM   #20  

I completely feel your pain. Some people really have no clue how they make other people feel when they flit about concerning about themselves and look for someone to stroke their ego.

Don't let people like that get under your skin. You have way more important people to worry about in your life.
Biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 08:01 PM   #21  
In It to Win It!

S/C/G: 263/ticker/160

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by shcirerf View Post
I work for a veterinarian, and see all kinds of yukky stuff, but the toothpaste thing, ICK!

She is just weird! She has lived in her car, not because she could not afford a place, because she did not want to spend the money, on heat and lights, when she had sleeping bag, and the backseat of the car was FREE.
Sounds like she has some form of mental illness. I saw an episode of Extreme Cheapskates where one man had an apartment, but no furniture, no dishes besides utensils, no car, and dumpster dove. He didn't thought it was a waste of money to buy furniture and a bed and buy food at the grocery store. :-/
banditbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 11:17 AM   #22  

You could freak her out when she says that and answer, "Yeah I noticed you look a little heavier lately you probably shouldn't"
jojo68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 11:42 AM   #23  
Sassafrass

S/C/G: 325/240/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post
I have been thinking about this.

If I ever were to get down to 120 pounds, it would be such hard work and basically denying anything and everything that tasted good. I think I would be guilty of what the co-worker was doing. -- Losing weight is hard, keeping it off is hard. -- If it was easy, I would not be sitting here 30 pounds over weight.

She is maintaining because she is cautious. Maybe she does not go the proper way about expressing it, but I think someone who is over 50 and 115 pounds should get kudos, not ridicule.

Sorry if I don't agree with you all, but just my two cents worth.
Totally agree.

It used to infuriate me when anyone would comment on needing to lose 5lbs because let’s face it – I still want to lose 65 pounds. Now I realize that they’re battling the same demons and struggles I am. It’s not the number on the scale that’s doing this – it’s the way we internalize this. Because no matter what the number is we scrutinize. On the scale or in the mirror. We pick. We look for areas to improve. That’s part of being human – always wanting more (or less in our case.) I’d like to meet one person that steps on a scale and doesn’t have a single self image related thought.

My mom wanted to get back down to her pre-pregnancy weight (you know, the one from 30 years ago). She was an athlete and missed that body. She always comments on what she shouldn't eat because of the nutrition, but that's because she's cognizant of her goals. She's also very aware when she's gained a pound, but one pound is a lot different for someone her size than it is for my size.

You never know, maybe she's already battled the demons you are currently and is busting her @ss to keep them at bay.

Just my two cents.
SoMuchFattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 08:54 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 200/Ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

I've been on both sides of this fence. Even when I was at my lowest (a loose size 9) I was very insecure and still not happy with my body. I still saw myself as fat and gross. I remember making the same old snarky comments I had always made about myself being fat in front of a coworker who was bigger than me. I have also worked with a 90 lb girl who would make puppy dog faces and complain about her cellulite and how she was so ashamed of her body, and I would have to roll my eyes. "Oh poor you, so fat, that's why you're a size 0."

Its easy to be annoyed when you're the bigger person hearing someone complain about their weight, but you never know what issues a person may have or what they may have been through to put them in that mental state. That being said, some people just like to fish for compliments. :/
MAK247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 11:36 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 229/205.6/165

Height: 5'4"

update! i'm settled into my new cubicle and continue to ignore the heck out of her. however, time and again I'll hear her muffled voice cry "fat" and it still sends chills up my spine... lol
kaybee1 is offline   Reply With Quote