General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 10-16-2014, 10:56 AM   #1  

Default Rant: I hate my job but it pays the bills

oh I hate my job
the system sucks. A task that can be done in 1 day takes 2 weeks because of the lame birocracy system!
and don't get me started on the people!
Most are toxic types, lots of *** kissers, sabotagers,backstabbers, busybodies,weirdos, idea thieves.
I stayed in the company because it pays the bills.
I hate my job & colleagues. out of 100% colleague composition consists of 70% toxic people & 30% nice people.
I used to hang with the toxic crowd and now I make effort to hang out with the nice people and it makes a difference.
i miss those days when I was still dating my (now) husband, having no money & enjoying life
Now after the wedding, life consists only of work,work,work and organizing,cleaning the house.
I'm so angry I want to cry.
Thanks for reading my rant.
lira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 11:42 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 185/174/169

Height: 5'8

"i miss those days when I was still dating my (now) husband, having no money & enjoying life
Now after the wedding, life consists only of work,work,work and organizing,cleaning the house."

It sounds like you're going through a tough time, but you really have so much to be thankful for. You're Married to someone you like, you have a house, and you even have a job! I have several friends who would love to have your life.

Embrace your work both at home and on the job and keep telling yourself how lucky you are to be healthy enough to do it? Sometimes I have to psyche myself into being happy/smiling with the people at work and soon enough, I'm feeling happier.

good luck!
WebWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 08:47 PM   #3  
Warrior Princess

I was stuck at a job I hated with a freaking passion for 5 1/2 years. I was hired a few weeks before the economy tanked in 2008 and it was a living nightmare. I had no other options at that time. I was overworked to death and surrounded by so much toxic behavior but I just kept chugging along because like you said it pays the bills. I finally switched careers and got out of there. It was equal to leaving an abusive relationship and it took me a long time to get past how I was treated there.

In hindsight I should've left long ago because the stress took a serious toll on my health. No amount of money is worth what stress can do to your body and mental health. Period.

Get out of there ASAP.

Last edited by novangel; 10-16-2014 at 08:47 PM.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 01:25 PM   #4  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Oh man, that sux! I had a job that burned me out and I found myself starting to say I hated the job out loud at work. Then one day I found myself at the computer typing out my resignation letter and handing it to the boss. It was almost an out of body experience and I was on auto pilot. Lol

I called my husband to let him know, after the fact. He was surprised but cool with it. I was off for about 18 months finishing a pregnancy and enjoying my new baby but then got a new job I love. Put your feelers out there for something new! And if you can take a little breather in between to decompress, all the better.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 08:09 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 253/253/149

Height: 170cm/ 5 ft 7in

If you can afford it you really should quit. I had a similar experience where I had been in a job for about 19 months, gained a whole heap of weight, started feeling really depressed and bored with life, lost complete motivation and developed attitude problems. I absolutely loathed my job to an unbelievable point where it affected my performance and ultimately I ended up being fired.
Being fired was the best thing that happened to me this year!! I quickly got another job and soon enough realised it was a similar toxic environment to the previous job, so I mustered up the courage and resigned after a month.
Since quitting, while I'm definitely less flamboyant with regards to throwing my money around, I am a lot happier and wayyyy more relaxed! Now I'm back searching for new jobs and focused on my health a lot more! Trust me... the poster before who said its like an abusive relationship is sooo right! Get out ASAP- and if you can't afford to quit- start looking for new jobs TODAY. Good luck girl!
Golda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 10:16 AM   #6  

webwoman,novangel,coolmom 75,golda
thank you for your response & suggestions
i'm so happy to find caring friends in this forum
webwoman, i agree i have to be grateful with this job because it pays the bills. it allow me to enjoy the small things in life (my favorite food,movie,vacation,wedding etc)
but for my own happiness & inner peace i will also start looking for another job..
in the mean time..i will sometimes stop by on this thread to rant if i have a bad day at work LOL
lira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 08:06 PM   #7  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

I can relate. I'm not able to quit right now, so it's find another job or focus on the positive (which can be easier said than done). Life goes by so fast, it's not fun having to spend so much of my time feeling stressed and down. Good luck, and you're taking positive steps, hanging out with people who are better for you.

Last edited by dragonwoman64; 11-09-2014 at 08:06 PM.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 08:48 AM   #8  
Counting bites!

S/C/G: 282/255/130

Height: 5'5"

I don't know what you do, but I can relate. Before I left my previous job I hated it. I love the IDEA of my industry, but the pay is crap and it's a lot of hardwork, ungrateful bosses and clients, long hours, and no weekends for very little pay. I finally decided that for me to go back to work, it'll need to be a different field.
If you can, I'd quit and try to stay home for a little bit. There's no bigger motivator, trust me ! Lol!
izzyboomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 12:26 AM   #9  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

You hate your "job". You did not say career, as in something you are passionate about.

So, on that note, it's "job"

pfft! Find a different job!

Since you are employed, be thankful, but, start looking! At all kinds of things. What are you passionate about? Could you turn your passion into income?

The worst thing in the world is a job you hate. The money I make from working, is supposed to pay for my life, and the things I enjoy, not be my life, nor should it make me hateful and miserable.

For that reason, I've walked off of a few, with no notice and said, "see you, don't wanna be you!"
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 05:17 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 190/140

Height: 5'1

lira, I am with you. I hate my job! It's very toxic, surrounded by back stabbers. If I could leave I would...but I was fired from my previous position, and this one is techincally part time. I have found a way to get through is to exercise, it really helps me. I am working full time hours due to a project at work. I *need* this job because I need income, my DH and I are still in recovery mode from no income for 6 months, and part time hours at this job to begin with. I hit my one year mark in January, and plan on looking for a new job. Good Luck, there is something out there is better for you!
KYgirlinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 10:06 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

I worked for 43 years before retiring. Over the years there were things I liked about the job and things I hated. I was doing what I had to do to pay the bills. When things got really bad I would look for another job, but never found anything that was better all around. There was always something...lower pay, less benefits, poor hours, travel time. Many of those jobs made me appreciate the one I had. I got through it. I am now retired and it is so glorious to get up when I wake up instead of when the alarm goes off. Do whatever I want to do all day. The income is a lot less, but you don't need as much when you're old. LOL
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 12:30 AM   #12  

I had an opportunity to take an amazing job at a bank which I didn't take because I would hate it and it was the best decision I made. I got a lower paying job and worked my way up that industry. I now make as much as I would have at the other job 10 years later.

Look for another job before quitting. It's easier to find a job when you have one. Also look to see if there is anyway to get fulfilled other ways. I started 2 other buisnesses on the side while having my job and they each give me a lot of fulfillment. One makes decent money and the other is just at the startup stage and needs a few more years and a lot of work to turn a profit. But it's a passion and the long term potential is large. I didn't know anything about the manufacturing industry when we started it but we are learning as we tackle that new challenge and you know what it's been great fun, exciting, infuriating and frustrating all at the same time. It gives me a lot more than just money (which right now it takes rather than gives lol)

Anyway, look for a new job or look for something to do on the side that fulfills you. Don't waste your life in a toxic situation, but equally don't be too rash and quit the job until you have something you are happy with to move to.

Best of luck
Valmorel is offline   Reply With Quote