General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 09-29-2014, 01:55 PM   #1  

Default Urban Outfitters, another horrible shirt, I can't even believe this...

I know there was a thread talking about Urban Outfitters shirt that said "Eat Less".

I recently came across this and wanted to share this here only because of that previous thread. I should warn, this shirt is quite offensive and even disturbing. Its related to the Kent State shootings back in the 70s.

What the heck is Urban Outfitters trying to do, go out of business? Who at this company thinks this is a good idea...

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mbvd/urban-o...te-swe#1ut8ypz

Last edited by GlamourGirl827; 09-29-2014 at 01:56 PM.
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 03:53 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/132/125 or 115? not sure

Height: 5'4" (on a good-hair day!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamourGirl827 View Post
I know there was a thread talking about Urban Outfitters shirt that said "Eat Less".

I recently came across this and wanted to share this here only because of that previous thread. I should warn, this shirt is quite offensive and even disturbing. Its related to the Kent State shootings back in the 70s.

What the heck is Urban Outfitters trying to do, go out of business? Who at this company thinks this is a good idea...

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mbvd/urban-o...te-swe#1ut8ypz
According to UO statement, the holes are from wear and tear and those aren't stains but dye fading over the years . . .

Nonetheless, hard to believe their naivete (if you can call it that) in this.

Absolutely awful.
Mountain Mamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 05:04 PM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

They pulled it from the website and apologized. Check the link.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 05:16 PM   #4  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

Until I read about the controversy, I didn't even know there had been a university shooting in the 1970s....Perhaps it was meant to target a younger generation(?)

On the other hand, it reallyyyyyy does look like blood stains on the shirt so I think it's a stretch of the imagination to say it's "faded dye" lol....and why put "Kent State" as opposed to any other university...
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 07:28 PM   #5  

I had read that they claimed it was dye and wear and tear...I'm not buying it. Of all the colleges they pick Kent state and it just happens to look like blood and bullets holes...bologna... I already heard they pulled it and apologized. This is not something they can just say "oops sorry" and its all good.

Alaskanlaughter, I'm 33. I had thought about that it was meant to target younger kids, but what about their parents? And its just so distasteful, it could never be ok, you know what I mean? Someone at their company should have caught this. Didn't you learn about this in school? It just seems like one of those events you just learn about somewhere. I knew someone once that didn't understand a reference to the second gunman on the grassy knoll....I don't know. I guess I somehow remember history stuff and conveniently cannot remember how to spell most words that I use daily. :P
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 07:30 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 225/167/135

Height: 5'7"

I think it was a mistake. Considering the mountain of tone deaf things this company has done I really wouldn't be surprised they were that dumb.
PatLib is offline   Reply With Quote