3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   Favorite Perfume? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/295511-favorite-perfume.html)

JuvenileNarcissist 05-07-2014 09:27 PM

I like Relax by Lollia. It's a nice spring/summer scent. It says it's a lavender and honey. I don't usually like the smell of lavender, but this works really well. Comes in a great hand creme too.

doingmybest 05-07-2014 09:36 PM

I like Youth Dew by Este Lauder. I would try other perfumes and that was always my favorite. It was also the perfume my mother wore, so it does bring up some good memories.

I am assuming they still sell it because it has been popular for a very long time. I had to stop wearing it because my DH absolutely hates all perfume. I really miss wearing perfume but a lot of places in my area (gym, doctor's office, my office, etc.) ask that people not wear any scents. I have even been invited to parties where the hostess requests that no one wear perfume or cologne. I am glad to see that people are still wearing fragrances, as long as they aren't too strong.

Arctic Mama 05-07-2014 09:48 PM

Rave! I have a rave! I forgot to mention this before, but a company called Olfactif provides samples each month for a recurring small fee, along with a coupon for a full bottle each month. I have LOVED the fragrances they've been sending and they're ones I'd never get to smell, otherwise.

It is a treat to open each month (beautiful packaging) and there has only been one fragrance so far I haven't loved. You can get it month by month but the year subscription is the cheapest overall.

I just got May's box and it is DIVINE.
http://www.olfactif.com

For trying to find new fragrances a recurring sample club is the way to go.

Arctic Mama 05-07-2014 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nonameslob (Post 4999636)
Desiderata In many countries, even use of deodorant and scented shampoos would make people feel sick. I've heard for members of the Peace Corps, for example, they suggest they learn to not use products like that.

But I think it's hard to expect people to change their habits when it's a serious minority of people who have issues with perfumes in modern countries (unless you're going to a doctor's office, hospital, or another setting where you know you will be very close to strangers and they can't get up to move away from you, like a symphony for example - that's common courtesy).

Yes - consider countries like the UAE, Morocco, and Dubai have fragrance as part of the fabric of their culture, with oudh and heavy oils being eponymous. There are both sides of the spectrum to consider. The application matters very much.

novangel 05-07-2014 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arctic Mama (Post 5000096)
Rave! I have a rave! I forgot to mention this before, but a company called Olfactif provides samples each month for a recurring small fee, along with a coupon for a full bottle each month. I have LOVED the fragrances they've been sending and they're ones I'd never get to smell, otherwise.

It is a treat to open each month (beautiful packaging) and there has only been one fragrance so far I haven't loved. You can get it month by month but the year subscription is the cheapest overall.

I just got May's box and it is DIVINE.
http://www.olfactif.com

For trying to find new fragrances a recurring sample club is the way to go.

:cp:

novangel 05-07-2014 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Desiderata (Post 4999628)
It's not really as simple as not wearing it. Of course it's everyone's personal choice, but I think some people don't realize how much that choice can impact everyone else they cross paths with - even when they think "Oh, I'm not that person, I don't drench myself in it." Wannabeskinny did have a good point that there are those of us out there who find the scents horrid and offensive and are unlikely to come out directly and say "Hey, your grooming choice is actually making me feel seriously unwell." It's just another side of things to consider. :)

I gave up smoking a few years ago, there's my contribution to not affecting others around me. I'm keeping the perfume. Sorry! :p

littleflip66 05-08-2014 01:20 AM

I've actually been using the BCBG Max Azria perfume lately. I'm pretty sure it's discontinued, but it can be found for super cheap on Amazon. I love fruity and citrusy smells too, and this one is right up that alley.

krampus 05-09-2014 09:13 AM

Patchouli and nag champa :P but I'm not much for scented products nowadays. Even a little can be overpowering in an enclosed environment. There's nothing like enduring a plane or bus ride with someone who is treating an eau de parfum like it's a light body mist.

I used to like perfumes quite a lot - my favorites were Euphoria by CK and Light Blue from D&G.

Silverfire 05-09-2014 09:59 AM

DKNY - Be Delicious - my favorite
Intimately Beckham - kinda floral-y but not too much I think, some vanilla in there too. Give it a whiff!
I also really like Gwen Stefani's Harajuku lovers line

I'm not even sure why the "I get a headache when people wear perfume" conversation is happening here!? How is that useful to the OP? Obviously she wears perfume and wants to continue to do so. This is the internet. You can't smell us here. Take your complaints elsewhere.

Silverfire 05-09-2014 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krampus (Post 5001082)
Patchouli and nag champa :P but I'm not much for scented products nowadays. Even a little can be overpowering in an enclosed environment. There's nothing like enduring a plane or bus ride with someone who is treating an eau de parfum like it's a light body mist.

I used to like perfumes quite a lot - my favorites were Euphoria by CK and Light Blue from D&G.

Oh nag champa is one of the best smells ever!!!!

sasyblond401 05-09-2014 10:11 AM

I love Paris Amour---the perfume and the -body creme

Diana3271 05-09-2014 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scarlett (Post 4999276)
I like lighter floral and/or musky scents.

My absolute favorite is Romance by Ralph Lauren, I can't wait to buy the new version midnight romance. I smelled a magazine sample and almost died. Maybe as a treat for finishing this semester ;)

For a cheaper scent I love Faith Hill's Parfumus. I almost always get complements when I wear it. Her True scent is nice too, but I prefer Parfumus.

Did you get a chance to try the new RL Midnight Romance? I have been wearing it all week and love it!

seabiscuit 05-19-2014 12:52 PM

I love Clinique Happy! I've had mine for a few years, still smells good. I also like one of Ferragamo's, it's an older one but in a beautiful pink and blue bottle. Chanel No. 5 is lovely too. I miss CK One, I don't know if they still make it but I love that beachy sweet light aroma. I also like some Body Shop ones, the Moringa is a light, refreshing mist.

novangel 05-20-2014 08:09 PM

CK One and Happy are great scents, so was Calvin Klein Obsession. Issey Miyaki was similar to One, I wore that for YEARS. I can't wear it anymore it reminds me of an old relationship too much.

It's amazing how scents can be a powerful memory trigger. There's psychology articles written about it.

thirti4thirty 05-21-2014 02:13 AM

I'm not a regular perfume user. I use them depending on my mood, but here are my faves:
My very very very fave is Yves Rocher - Noix de Coco. Maybe it's because I looove the smell of coconut so much. The orange one isn't bad either.
Paco Rabanne's ULTRAVIOLET. You gotta love it. I'm a lifetime addict!
I also recently fell in love with LA PETITE ROBE NOIR by Guerlain.