3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   Can you eat fast food? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/295156-can-you-eat-fast-food.html)

nonameslob 04-25-2014 11:06 AM

The only thing I've ever really gotten at fast food places since I was a kid is chicken and fries. I still think McD's grilled chicken is super tasty (yeah, loaded with sodium, but it's actually CHICKEN and not pureed gross chicken meat like nuggets as far as I can tell) and I still love fries. But I don't crave them as much anymore.

I do, however, crave a Wendy's chocolate frosty now and then. Childhood favorite! But the last time I got one, I ordered a small, they gave me a medium, and I could only finish half of it! Weird.

ILoveVegetables 04-25-2014 01:14 PM

From 2009 to mid-2013 I was living away from home, and I was eating McDonalds, pizza and other junk several times a week. Ever since I moved back home a few months ago, I've mainly been eating home cooked food, and I've completely lost my taste for McDonalds and heavily fried stuff like KFC as well. I went to McDonalds just yesterday after almost 10 months and it tasted like cardboard to me. I regretted it the moment I put it in my mouth.

I still like pizza and have it a couple of times a month, but unlike earlier when I could scarf down one or two medium pizzas at a time, I can now manage about half a pizza.

Palestrina 04-25-2014 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nonameslob (Post 4991515)
I still think McD's grilled chicken is super tasty (yeah, loaded with sodium, but it's actually CHICKEN and not pureed gross chicken meat like nuggets as far as I can tell)

Doubtful. Even if its not chicken byproduct like the nuggets are its most certainly thoroughly processed and injected with solutions containing salt, sugar and preservatives. If you read The End of Overeating by Kessler it goes into unfortunate details about the process of processing foods for chain restaurants.

nonameslob 04-25-2014 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wannabeskinny (Post 4991601)
Doubtful. Even if its not chicken byproduct like the nuggets are its most certainly thoroughly processed and injected with solutions containing salt, sugar and preservatives. If you read The End of Overeating by Kessler it goes into unfortunate details about the process of processing foods for chain restaurants.

All I meant is that it's actually a chicken breast (or other part of the chicken) rather than various pieces of chicken that have been mechanically processed and put back together again, which I think tastes disgusting. I'm aware of the preservatives and such.

Palestrina 04-25-2014 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nonameslob (Post 4991611)
All I meant is that it's actually a chicken breast (or other part of the chicken) rather than various pieces of chicken that have been mechanically processed and put back together again, which I think tastes disgusting. I'm aware of the preservatives and such.

I don't make a distinction between one being more acceptable than the other. It's nothing like a real chicken breast IMO. Not saying that I haven't eaten it or that it's not tasty, but it is what it is and I don't like to fool myself into thinking it's a wholesome meal.

nonameslob 04-25-2014 01:44 PM

Never said it was. This thread is about whether or not we can still eat fast food, and I explained what I like. Sorry if I was unclear in what "it's actually chicken" means. All of it is "actually chicken" with other ingredients in it, obviously, but I was apparently failing to find the words to describe the texture and that it's not ground up chicken pieces.

JohnP 04-25-2014 02:01 PM

I eat "fast food" all the time. Mostly from taqueria places and In and Out.

canadjineh 04-25-2014 02:01 PM

Hi, sure I can eat fast food... it just happens to be Wendy's 1/2 size Apple Pecan Grilled Chicken Salad with Blue cheese crumbles and Pomegranate dressing. Actually fits quite well into my maintenance plan... I eat it at least once a week. Sometimes with extra Blue cheese... :cheese:

Liana

katerina11 04-25-2014 02:11 PM

eating it right this minute!

southwest salad with double grilled chicken. oh man, it's SO GOOD

Olivia7906 04-25-2014 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wannabeskinny (Post 4991352)
Lately fast food has lost its allure for me. I can eat it but since I started practicing IE I don't feel inclined to. Probably because I allow myself to have what I really and truly desire and let's face it, there are much much much much better burgers out there than McDs so when I want a burger I have a real burger. Also, have you ever lost a few fast food fries in your car and then gone to clean out your car a few weeks later and those fries are just sitting there with no mold on them looking just like they did when you bought them? CREEPY!! Shouldn't food be perishable?

Yeees!!! It had been about 6 months later when I cleaned out my car and found a McD's fry one time. It looked like it had been just fried. I just cannot put that stuff in my body anymore (or my kids).

Palestrina 04-25-2014 02:23 PM

I know, I'm not trying to be a snob about it, I have eaten it and eat it in occasion though not McDonald's much, I always liked the fries darn it. I prefer BK and KFC which is no better at all. Nothing is really real food either way. Fast food has been my go to binge stuff.

pixelllate 04-25-2014 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wannabeskinny (Post 4991619)
I don't make a distinction between one being more acceptable than the other. It's nothing like a real chicken breast IMO. Not saying that I haven't eaten it or that it's not tasty, but it is what it is and I don't like to fool myself into thinking it's a wholesome meal.

I know that you expressed that you are not intending to be a food snob, but sometimes saying things like "I don't like to fool myself" at least in that way can give off an impression that the other person fools themselves.

Wannabehealthy 04-25-2014 07:00 PM

The only fast food I can eat is McDonald's breakfast sandwiches. I wish I didn't like them. LOL

pixelllate 04-25-2014 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munchy (Post 4991509)
I always thought big mac sauce was just thousand island dressing, but here's a copycat ;)

Thanks!!! Now all I need to know is Cinnabon's secret recipe....bwahhahahaha :devil:

PatLib 04-25-2014 07:22 PM

I still eat it occasionally. I'm a bit mindful about my choices, I usually just get a kid's meal now. The burger, fries, apples and milk are actually quite filling, if I had really big workout I'll get an apple pie too. Usually after a big run or something.