General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 07-29-2008, 01:36 PM   #1  

S/C/G: SEE TICKER

Height: 5'4"

Default Crafty Chicks?

For myself, I find doing crafts a great way of getting my mind off food! Looking around 3fcs and reading all the posts, I don't hear anything about you crafty chicks.

I personally love to crochet, make jewelry, make homemade soap, sew, paint, knit, stamp, and many others. Can I post pics of my crafts? I would really love to talk to other crafters out there, seeing that I can never get out of my house!
HoneyMustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 03:00 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 226/209/125

Height: 5'2

I too love to craft! I crochet and cross stitch. i am just learning to knit ( i can do the basics) and i make cards. i also love to bake and make candies but right now that is not a hobby i can persue and still stay focused on my goals. i have a friend who has a good website site called kattitudes that has some GREAT craft ideas. you should check it out.
gahundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 03:50 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 229/220/170

Height: 6'0'

I just started jewelry making. Bracelets and necklaces right now. I'm allergic to most jewelry, so it's nice to make something I can actually wear. Plus, I'm getting a head start on Xmas presents for other people!
chickybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 04:09 PM   #4  

Yeah! Christmas presents! I was chrocheting some real pretty hanky edgings. My mom picked ups some 1920's bookletts and gave them to me. I loved it untill I relized I used a thicker thread! I eventually gave the finished one away. So now I need to do something else for X-Mas!

I have also finished a baby afgan. Our close friend is expecting a baby in Nov. I have plenty of time to kint a hat and mitts, but the mitts arn't comming out right. UGH!

Jewelry- You know I tried my hand at craft shows with my jewlery, but I could never make a good profit. I never make jewelry for myself! Again, I end up giving it all away!

What are you all making for X-mas? Would love some new ideas!

Last edited by HoneyMustard; 07-29-2008 at 04:12 PM.
Old 07-29-2008, 04:17 PM   #5  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

Height: 5'6"

me i do cross stitch i am currently working a X-mas gift for B-I-L. then i have a gift lined up to make for my sister. after that i do not know

Last edited by mrsaugie; 07-29-2008 at 04:18 PM.
mrsaugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 02:36 AM   #6  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'2"

crafty wannabe here! i've tried jewelry but can't seem to get the hang of it. small hand-sewn projects, cross stitch, and scrap booking. i made gel candles for a while, that was fun but expensive.

last weekend i made a wreath of flowers to wear in my hair for a festival i'm going to this weekend. and I made a bunch of flower barrettes - it was so much fun, i forgot my love for the glue gun!
lizziep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 09:29 AM   #7  
Woman on a mission

Height: 5'10"

I just started to learn how to crochet. I'm working on a throw blanket right now and only on my 3rd row...haha that took me pretty much all weekend to do. I keep thinking it'll be worth it when it's all done.
MaNdA22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 09:47 AM   #8  
carinna

I do scrapbooks. Does that count?
carinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 10:09 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

I crochet all the time - especially when the tv is on. I also dabble in sewing, jewelry making, poly clay, paper collage, scrapbooking and altered journaling. I've also been known to make an ATC when the feeling strikes. I love using crafting as an anti-boredom-eating tool. It's hard to eat and crochet at the same time!
Kim_Star060404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 11:23 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 256/240/140

Height: 5'2"

I love doing crafts! I crochet, cross-stitch, scrapbook, make cards, and i am teaching myself how to knit. I recently started to create my own crochet patterns for my neice. So far so good. I have been thinking about making my own jewely, but i have no idea where to start...any pointers would be welcome. I haven't scrapbooked this summer, we have Archivers in our area, i love this store. Do anyone of you have an Archiver's by you?
PenChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 11:30 AM   #11  

Well hellooooooo everyone! Yeah for us crafty chick!! I knew there had to be some of you out there!

Carinna-YES! Scrapbooking counts! It's a craft isn't it?

MaNdA22-way to go on the crochet!! what stitch are you doing and what color(s) are in your throw blanket? How big is it?

lizziep- crafty wannabe my eye! If you can make a wreath of flowers to actually wear, your there hon!

mrsaugie-What are you stitching? What's the subject? How big is it? What are you making for your sister?

Sorry I ask so many questions guys! I just love crafts!

Iv'e been thinking about doing a little sewing. I have some black stretch knit and an old pair of bike shorts that I will use as a pattern. I did the same thing with some stretch denium(sp?) and and old pair of capris. The capris turned out well, but now they seem to be fitting a littler looser! I also crocheted an edging around the base of the pantleg. So cute!

Christmas will be here before we know it, any ideas? Do you guys think it would be OK to post pics here?
Old 07-30-2008, 11:39 AM   #12  

Hi PenChick! So glad to have another crafty chick!

Wow, a lot of us crochet! How old is your neice? I think it's soooooo neat that your teaching your neice! An elder neighbor of mine growing up taught me when I was just in kindergarten!
Old 07-30-2008, 12:04 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 256/???/150

I love making jewelry,for others and myself.I like that I can custom make it to fit me...where,store bought ankle and neck pieces don't always fit right.I've crocheted some baby blankets in the past,but haven't done that for a while,and I've been playing with polymer clay,but i'm not very good at working with it.
zoritsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 08:33 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

I learned to crochet from watching my late grandmother, and I can honestly say, I am better than most senior citizens. I can throw out some afghans!

I am also a pretty good interior decorator, and I have painted murals on ALL THREE of my children's baby nurseries.

I sew, and do professional costuming/costume making. Not cheap Halloween ones, but replicas of costumes from film, formal wear, and belly dance costumes.

I can also cross stitch, and am known for making baby announcement cross stitch and framing them for friends.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 09:31 AM   #15  
Woman on a mission

Height: 5'10"

So far it's as wide as my bed which is a queen and I want it to be really long. I made the mistake of not counting chains so I can't tell you that number. I'm not sure what colors to put in it. Right now it's a dark brown (for fall I was thinking). I'm thinking maybe like a cream and an orange??? I have no clue since this is the first one for me. My mom was lecturing me about how I should've started with something small like a scarf to get the hang of it so I don't get frustrated and give up (like I want to sometime with this throw). But I'm not going to let myself give up. I'd like to have it done by the end of august.

heavyandhomebound:I don't think posting pics here would be a problem. I think it would be fun to see what everyone is working on.

aphil: That's so cool that you make costumes. One of my fav halloween movies is Hocus Pocus and have always wanted a costume just like theirs.
MaNdA22 is offline   Reply With Quote