3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   Make It STOP!!! Snow Rant ... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/292428-make-stop-snow-rant.html)

ReNew Me 02-03-2014 11:20 AM

Make It STOP!!! Snow Rant ...

Another snow storm has hit, this one so bad my husband -- who lived in Canada for almost two years and is perhaps the best driver I've ever met -- couldn't make it to work and is on his way home. When I woke up this morning it was actually raining and more than 95% of the snow that we've been living with packed everywhere the sun doesn't shine was gone. I was actually happy! They're predicting possibly 6" today, and considering there's already 4" down and it's still coming it'll probably hit the mark. Not to mention we're supposed to get another one the day after tomorrow. ENOUGH ALREADY!!!

I'm so sick of winter, I'm so sick of snow, I'm so sick of being trapped indoors. If I wanted to live in Alaska I'd move there. I HATE THE SNOW AND ICE!!! On top of everything else, we're not going to make it through the winter without refilling the oil tank and I had that $1,000 ear marked for something else (knocking back some debt).

I'm just sick of it, sick to death of it. When I was a kid and snow meant a day off of school it was wonderful stuff. Now it's just messy, dangerous, aggravating and potentially costs money (hubby is losing a vacation day for this mess; our car got sideswiped while it was parked during the last big storm and our door doesn't close right anymore). My floors are constantly covered with salt and I can't justify wasting the energy to mop it away because they'll just be coated again.

I'm beyond over it.

/rant

lotsakids 02-03-2014 02:35 PM

I am so with you on this one. Tired of the snow, tired of being cold, but it will end. At some point it has to end~

Silverfire 02-03-2014 02:44 PM

heh heh...

Sorry that was my cheeky "I live in Saskatchewan and it ain't that bad guys" chuckle...

I forget that if you are not "seasoned", winters can be pretty brutal. It won't last forever guys!

I too am tired of the cold and snow and ice and terrible drivers.

nelie 02-03-2014 02:50 PM

Well I think we can learn from Georgia and other parts of the south that it isn't really the snow itself that can cause driving issues but how those responsible for the roads react to it. A couple years ago, it took my husband 3 hours to get home from work, we live about 8 miles from his work. It was just that they had delayed treating the roads due to budget cuts. We had seen many larger snowstorms without the same effect.

I live in Maryland and I don't think it has been bad but I'm also a bit south of you. Of course where I live, we tend to get more ice than snow so it is greatly annoying especially when the snow melts and then freezes over.

Psychic 02-03-2014 02:55 PM

I don't mind the cold. I just hate having snow on the roads. That means, every time it snows, I have to shovel my rather long, uphill driveway to get my non-four-wheel-drive car out of it. I drive to work at 6:30 in the morning. The roads weren't even touched this morning. I was sliding all over the place. I'm surprised that I made it to work without wrecking. More snow coming tomorrow night.

Chardonnay 02-03-2014 03:03 PM

This is my first year living in Montreal in over a decade. I lived up north in the mountains of Quebec, and those winters were long and snowy. I used to look out my window in February, imagining the pain I'd be feeling after having to shovel out yet again, it was depressing. Montreal is more south and we barely got any snow this winter yet, and I actually miss it. Maybe it's nostalgia though. I find as I get older I have so much less tolerance for cold.

Slashnl 02-04-2014 11:04 AM

Just had a storm hit overnight here.... again. I know we are supposed to be glad we are getting such big snows, so that there is more water through the summer, but so over it! Hopefully we won't send this to the northeast! It is a heavy, wet snow.

Just can't wait to be able to go outside without a coat.

zoritsa 02-04-2014 11:09 AM

I'm looking forward to Summer at this point. We've been spoiled for a while now with mild Winters and very little snow....so I'll be so happy to say goodbye to Winter. Over 50 inches of snow this season and only more to come. We have snow coming tonight and tomorrow, and then maybe another storm this weekend. I want this :beach: :D

pixelllate 02-04-2014 12:03 PM

Oh boy yes.
Pipes burst in apartment. Took weeks to patch up the multiple holes in ceiling. No running water - makes it hard to cook (my way of managing my diet) Waiting every night for repairmen that never come and when they do I have to clean up after them before I can finally break my intermittent fast. Waterproofing home every morning just in case things break again!

Getting darker and harder to get to train in the mornings due to snow/slush, so have to get up earlier although my body says "sleep in even more than usual!"

Lots of general moodiness and just started BP and trying not to get too upset about water weight gain and "just keep going"

Staying on plan feels like a total uphill battle. Vanity lbs are so stubborn.

Sum38 02-04-2014 12:22 PM

I usually love the snow, but I must admit I am growing tired of it. I miss my easy doggie walks, now I have to wade through a foot of snow each day.... I can not believe that I am saying this :D

Yesterday was a beautiful and sunny day. I was stuck indoors until it was already dark; I love walking on those kind of days, even in snow :)

SeeMyFeet 02-04-2014 12:29 PM

Freezing fog?? Freezing fog?????

When did Freezing Fog become a regular part of the forecast??

pixelllate 02-04-2014 01:39 PM

Just wanted to add, on hte plus side, it is better to be miserable from sticking to plan through this, than to let it get to us and we completely stray!

krampus 02-04-2014 04:16 PM

Upstate NY here. I live in a crappy post-industrial drinking city, which is bleak as anything in the cold grey months!

I spend my entire winter planning and dreaming of spring and summer, which are glorious and worth tolerating winter for.

Amanda112 02-04-2014 08:41 PM

Another winter storm coming my way, Ontario Canada.
Dread the commute to work tomorrow... bring on spring!!!

Terra1984 02-09-2014 04:00 PM

I love winter around Christmas time in Dec. and I dont mind it in Jan. either but by Feb. Im ready for it to be over and we have 19 days until the month is over so we could have more snow coming, We actually have more snow coming tomorrow, I cant wait until Feb. is over