Dealing with insomnia

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Its not likely to be the case with the OP but in many very overweight people, sleep apnoea is a factor. For that you need to do a stint getting observed in a sleep clinic. i think light sleeping, which is what you are doing when dreaming, could be a clue to that. Being stressed also makes you sleep more lightly/have more vivid dreams.

Some people go for years and years of undiagnosed sleep apnoea. Such people are always tired.

I know if you are studying or have a lot going on, even though you meditate it can still be very difficult to quieten the mind. Then i find you have to meditate yourself to sleep. And that can get boring when your mind is overstimilated. So its a good idea to stop stimulating your mind early in the evening. I'd recommend by 7 or 8pm, no tv, no computer no studying. Just mind quieting tasks like craft, reading, maybe light housework.
  • I have always had issues in sleeping. As a kid, it used to take me a long time to fall asleep as I used to think about everything that happened that day as soon as my head hit the pillow. I just can't help it, I'm a heavy thinker and my brain seems to work most just as I'm about to sleep!

My sleep problems have become worse ever since I started my diet and exercise. It now takes me about 3 to 4 hours just to fall asleep, and if I do, then my sleep is not a deep one, I keep on waking up throughout the night. It's very frustrating, I wake up really tired and sleepy. Lately, I found that napping during the day for one or two hours really helps me feel less tired.
    Also, a hot drink is supposed to make you sleepy but I haven't tried that yet.
  • ive also had a harder time sleeping since I've been working at lowering my carbs....I don't know why...I also sleep less deep since i'm tracking my carbs as well as my calories...not sure why that is....