General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 10-31-2013, 11:12 AM   #16  
One Meal At A Time

S/C/G: 141/see ticker/no more meds

Height: 5'2"

Do you live near a Whole Foods? They have a fantastic range of SLS and paraben free body products to choose from...Weleda and Avalon Organics being two of my favorites.

goodguide.com

I find this website to be really useful

HTH!
momwithdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 02:15 PM   #17  
Gone, baby, gone

S/C/G: 274/212.6/134

Height: 5'1"

I really like First Aid Beauty (available through Sephora, etc). Their cleanser is great for my sensitive skin, and the Ultra Repair Cream is wonderful...especially on sunburns, or if I overdry my skin when I have a blemish. It's a little pricey, but lasts a long time!
staja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 10:12 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

I use Aveeno, I prefer the unscented, but the regular one doesn't cause I skin reaction for me. I used to use Dove, and I will use it in a pinch, but absolutely no to the sensitive skin version of Dove, it causes a reaction every time. I have to be very careful what I use, as I have reactions to a lot of products. We have to have two different body washes in the shower, as my husband has a reaction to all products but the shea butter Olay body wash.
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 02:54 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 230/192/120

Height: 5'2

I want to weigh in on the olive oil soap party. I bought some recently from a street vendor in Turkey, so I have no idea if there are different kinds of olive oil soap or how much they cost anywhere else, but oh my god, it is a godsend. I've been using it for the past few months and it has worked wonders for my skin. In general I have pretty dry skin, my face normally feels tight after washing and I get dry skin on my forehead and around my nose, but it's pretty much cleared up about a week or two after I started using the soap. My bar's barely half over and I'm already trying to figure out how to get a similar kind online.
ILoveVegetables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 09:25 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 329/254.6/180?

Height: 5'4"

I too have eczema and psoriasis and overall sensitive skin. I usually use natural products but have found only cetaphil soap and moisturizer works for me.
pluckypear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 03:30 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

One word. Lush
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 04:35 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling_Sara View Post
One word. Lush
Lush isn't good for anyone sensitive to scents. I get a headache if I have to walk by Lush's store in the mall. I try to avoid it at all costs.
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote