Saggy Face After Weight Loss

• How did losing weight affect your face? Did you notice any saggyness, gauntness or looseness on your face?

And what advice would you give to someone who's trying to lose weight? Do you think that using a vitamin C serum, such as Skinceuticals CE Ferulic, could help? If not, what about facial exercises?
  • I haven't noticed any of the above and I've lost about 40ish pounds, give or take a few...my face has noticeably lost weight but I haven't noticed those...ive noticed some wrinkles around my eyes though but it just doesn't bother me enough to do something about it....I remember being old and it wasn't all that bad
  • I'm 55 years old and have lost 44 lbs so far. I've noticed a bit of loose/saggy skin in various spots, but not in my face or neck...that's one thing I've been really happy about!

I haven't used any special creams or serums nor do I bother with facial exercises. About the only advice I can give is to try not to lose the weight too quickly. When you lose a lot of weight quickly, you often lose muscle rather than fat, which defeats the purpose. I've been losing at an average rate of 1.5 lbs per week.
  • I've lost 8kg and I can see it on my face, while I don't look gaunt, I do have what I believe is a bit of creping on my neck from losing my second chin, also it seems that lines are more noticeable on my face ( or it could be that I am examining my face in too bright a light, LOL).
  • I'm about 15 months into maintenance after losing 100 pounds. My face definitely still shows the impact of losing weight. I have loose skin under my chin - not terrible and people claim they don't notice unless I point it out but it stands out as obvious to me. My face wrinkles are more prominent now as I no longer have the fat cells filling them out. Again, nothing too terrible and I think it's most obvious to me but it is a reality. Time has helped tighten things up a little but it's still there and always will be unless I have cosmetic surgery. Don't get me wrong...I wouldn't trade it for the world! One hundred pounds is totally worth a little loose skin.
  • I've lost 150 lbs and I'm 26. My face just kind of lost weight and fat but it doesn't really sag or show signs that I've had a significant weight loss (no droopiness or excess skin that I can see). I didn't do facial exercises but my mom swears by them. not sure if that works though.