General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 09-18-2013, 06:53 PM   #1  
Fit by Forty!

S/C/G: 220/209/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Any Reality TV Fans?

Tonight's a big night! The finale of the worst season of Big Brother and the start of another Survivor season!
LisaLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:24 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

I'm a huge Big Brother fan, although I've absolutely hated this season and couldn't care less about who wins the finale tonight. I really wish CBS could just give the money to charity. I haven't decided if I want to tie myself up with Survivor this season or not. I haven't watched it for the last three seasons, but the twist of family might make it more interesting. Pretty much Big Brother is the only reality show that I still follow.
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:12 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 200+/168/130

Height: 5'2''

Omg I had forgot survivor starts tonight. Yay!

I've given up on a few if the past seasons of BB, but have watched this one to the end. But I watch online, so I won't know who wins until tomorrow.

I'm very excited for survivor to start, I enjoy it much more than BB. Except seasons where you get people like Colton...argh.

I actually haven't seen any previews for this season, I'm off to educate myself via YouTube.
CanadianMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:19 PM   #4  

I feel like murphy's law just kicked me in the butt. Is Colton really in this season? Really?.....I know they are hoping people will watch it to see him get his comeuppance... but I really hate the idea of giving him any kind of attention.
Old 09-19-2013, 01:27 AM   #5  
Taste the rainbow

S/C/G: 299/241/175

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianMomma View Post
I feel like murphy's law just kicked me in the butt. Is Colton really in this season? Really?.....I know they are hoping people will watch it to see him get his comeuppance... but I really hate the idea of giving him any kind of attention.

Lol I was reading your first post thinking 'uh oh she clearly hasn't seen the first episode or any of the commercials haha." I'm a newbie to survivor, this is only the second season I've been watching, but Colton is really annoying so far. Last season the guy who was all 007 spy was super annoying. I get the feeling Colton is going to be just as annoying!
Skittlez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:55 AM   #6  
Fit by Forty!

S/C/G: 220/209/150

Height: 5'5"

LOL Like Skittlez, I chuckled when I read your first Colton comment.

I missed the first half hour of Survivor----kids really shouldn't be allowed to touch a DVR---so I need to go watch online, because I was a little confused about what exactly was going on. I knew the premise behind this season, so I wasn't totally lost, but it appears a couple people were sent right to Redemption Island.

And as far as BB, I really don't know what to think about the winner. I won't spoil it in case you haven't watched yet. I read about the live feeds at a different forum, so there's a lot that a typical viewer didn't see. I really was shocked at some of the things people said. I guess it's surprising that people can be so ignorant.
LisaLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:25 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 240/235/145

Height: 5'4"

Im totally a reality tv fan, but those two shows are actually on the bottom of my list. I love Ink Master, Face Off, Heroes of Cosplay, Masterchef, Top Chef, Food Network Star, America's Next Top Model, Project Runway, Bachelore/tte, Bachelor Pad, Looking for Love (which I thought was AWESOME and they discontinued it), HGTV Star, House Hunters, Bar Rescue, Duck Dynasty, etc. I love it love it love it.
SkinnyBee78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 12:17 PM   #8  

I've been keeping up with some of the live feed stuff from BB by reading about it online. Some of the attitudes these people have make you wonder what kind of people they are surrounded with in their normal lives; for this to be perfectly normal behavior.

I appreciate you not spoiling the winner for me; I'm surprised no one on facebook has ruined it yet (I shouldn't say that, I'll jinks myself again lol). I'm not really excited for any of them to be awarded any amount of money though. The hubby and I are going to watch it this evening, provided the newborn and toddler cooperate.

Not sure how I feel about Redemption Island being back. I felt it took a little bit away from the tribal councils, because it wasn't necessarily the last time you saw someone. But it also means the tribe members have to consider the possible repercussions of voting someone out.

No word of a lie; last year I went on about how they needed to do a season with family members. Only I wanted them to divide them up into tribes without revealing who was related/married to who. That way when the tribes merged, you wouldn't know if someone's partner had already been voted off, or if they were still there. You could have people with separate alliance secretly working together, etc. Their idea is ALMOST as good as mine lol.

Last edited by CanadianMomma; 09-19-2013 at 12:18 PM.
Old 09-19-2013, 01:02 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Oh, I forgot about Project Runway. I watch that too. I didn't watch Survivor last night. Still can't decide if I want to. I can get it on On Demand if I choose to. I'm kind of burnt out on reality shows anymore. I'm ready for the new seasons of The Big Bang Theory, Elementary, Homeland, and Mad Men to begin.
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 01:20 PM   #10  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Yeah, not excited about Colton either. He wants you to feel bad for him because of the abuse he has taken for being gay, but his being gay has nothing to do with what a pitiful excuse he is for a human being. I'll be glad to see him go.

I'm really enjoying Culpepper! What a great leader he is. (I hope I don't regret saying that.... who knows how he'll be in the next few weeks!)
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 05:58 PM   #11  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

Height: 5'4"

I love Survivor! My boyfriend and I wait until the third episode and pick who we think is going to go the furthest. We usually make some kind of silly bet, like taking over the other person's chore for a week, but by the end of the season we're so wrapped up in the people we forget who we originally picked, lol.
PreciousMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:54 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 260/ticker/160

Height: 5'4

Me and the bf are HUGE reality show fans. He made me watch Big Brother for the first time ever and then apologized the whole time for it being the worst season ever lol. I cannot stand that Andy won! As for Survivor, the bf and his family like to do drawings for teams. Everyone draws for 2 people that are "theirs" thorough the season and whoever has the winning pick wins this huge money pot. Sadly, I have bad luck. I have Colton and Caleb. I think I've lost the chance at the money pot. We always do a drawing for Dancing With the Stars and we have a viewing party (geeky I know!). We try to match the judges scores with our guesses. I have good picks so I might win! I find the shows more enjoyable when you have to root for your picks even if they are terrible (Colton!) and plus it's nice bonding times with family and friends.
Monkeyruler164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 11:29 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 226/174.6/160

Height: 5'6

I am! BB15 was such a disappointment this season! Excited for Survivor and Amazing Race. I'm a Project Runway addict and feel guilty about hoe much I love the train wreck that is Bachelor/Bachelorette/Bachelor Pad.

I watched America's Next Top Model for years and years then Tyra got rid of the Jays and I stopped watching.
KellinaKatrina is offline   Reply With Quote