3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   What are your Reading-Aug 2013 Edition (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/285633-what-your-reading-aug-2013-edition.html)

KYgirlinSC 08-07-2013 07:10 AM

I am also re-reading the Harry Potter series...glad I am not the only one.

PreciousMissy 08-07-2013 04:47 PM

I'm reading A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini. It's about a girl's life in Afghanistan. I really enjoyed Kite Runner and his writing style so I thought I'd give it a try.

alinnell 08-07-2013 08:18 PM

My Oh My! Just got back from a 15 day vacation to Europe and after the numerous day trips, we basically retired to our suite and read for hours each afternoon.

Let me see if I can name them all!

City of Saints (a freebie for my Kindle--okay read)
Never Knowing by Chevy Stevens (good)
Touch and Go by Lisa Gardner (one of my favorite authors--another good one)
The Ocean at the end of the Lane by Neil Gaiman
The Mill Valley Recluse (finished this on the plane to Spain)
The Forgotten by David Baldacchi
The Racketeer by John Grisham
The Perks of Being a Wallflower (now I have to watch the movie again!)
And finally The Casual Vacancy by JK Rowling (part way through).

penmage 08-07-2013 09:15 PM

I'm reading "A Vision of Murder" by Victoria Laurie. It's the third book in her Abby Cooper series, about a woman who's psychic. I'm about 60 pages in, but it's good so far!

newleaf123 08-07-2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luckyme0510 (Post 4808656)
Just finished She's Come Undone by Wally Lamb, I really enjoyed it so I moved on to another one of his books I Know This Much is True, but I don't like it as much.

I absolutely loved She's Come Undone. I never finished I Know This Much is True (which I partially read years before She's Come Undone); it just didn't compel me.

I'm on a bit of a non-fiction kick. I'm reading The Lost Whale which is only okay so tonight I'm going to start Wild Ones. I don't know much about it, except that it's about how we populate our worlds with representations of cute animals (whales, owls, bunnies, etc) while ignoring the realities of what is happening to the wildlife population around us. It got great reviews on Amazon, so fingers crossed...

gardenerjoy 08-08-2013 11:09 PM

penmage: I love the Abby Cooper series!

I've started Amy Falls Down by Jincy Willett. I read another of her novels a few years ago and liked it.

seabiscuit 08-20-2013 08:51 PM

Hi!

I am a definite bookworm, I love to read and I have felt more compelled to read since I have been without TV for a week because of my move.

Recently I read:

The Irresistible Blueberry Bakeshop and Cafe by Mary Simses

My Guy, Barbaro by Edgar Prado

and now I am reading Dorothy Hamill's autobiography :)

I love this thread and I love to read! :cool:

gardenerjoy 08-20-2013 10:39 PM

seabiscuit: I would be afraid a book called The Irresistible Blueberry Bakeshop would make me hungry! Was it good?

I just finished The Whole Fromage by Kathe Lison. Fortunately, I don't have easy access to great French cheeses!

seabiscuit 08-20-2013 10:45 PM

Gardener joy,

You are funny!! :D. That book was a romance novel, believe it or not! It talked about food some, but more about the romance and it is a fun read!

You got me to laugh and smile, thank you!! :cool:

FatSass 08-21-2013 01:52 AM

I just finished Moose: A Memoir of Fat Camp, and started reading Horns by Joe Hill.