General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 07-07-2013, 09:26 PM   #1  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Facebook, double edged sword.

For my original intent, I like Facebook. Keeps me in touch with immediate and distant family.

However, I have a few friends who constantly/repeatedly repost the same face shot, nose jewelry, cross eyes, and dirty toilet in the background. Seriously, you posted this pic, 6 times since 5 p.m. yesterday.

I'm over that, you are blocked!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:50 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 252/215/150

Height: 5'10

I have serious privacy concerns about facebook (ie it leaves traces of who you stalk, you have to be VERY careful about what shows up in your news feed, etc). Therefore I keep my account deactivated but re-activate it for a few hours once in awhile to catch up on everyone.
Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:18 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shcirerf View Post
For my original intent, I like Facebook. Keeps me in touch with immediate and distant family.

However, I have a few friends who constantly/repeatedly repost the same face shot, nose jewelry, cross eyes, and dirty toilet in the background. Seriously, you posted this pic, 6 times since 5 p.m. yesterday.

I'm over that, you are blocked!

I agree! I have one friend that posts a self portrait several times a week. But its basically the same boob and face shot with her making a duck face every single time. She never smiles!! Like I'd be happy if she smiled in just one!

And I have a cousin that posts pics of her third baby whenever he eats. Every food he tries, every meal. Its kind of weird actually. I'm starting to think he lives in his highchair and eats round the clock.

Once in a while, all those pics are totally fine. But same pics multiple times a week, annoying. I just don't understand why people don't realize that everyone doesn't want to see the same pic of them or their baby all the time. But then again, both the people I'm talking about seem to be a little narcissistic, so maybe that's why.
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 11:06 PM   #4  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Thank you Glamour Girl!

I don't mind seeing a few pics here and there, but really!?

"Scarlette" I'm getting way more selective about FB.

While I do enjoy some aspects, my law enforcement son has told me how many criminals they catch, via FB.

Like I said, it's a double edge sword!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 04:14 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 166/145/115

Height: 5'4

Some people post the dumbest stuff on facebook and I can never understand why... I used to have facebook but don't anymore. I heard even employers look at people's facebook now - it's crazy! Used to have friends that would start drama via facebook, I just think it's so silly and unnecessary. And don't even make me start with people that update their status to inform people with every little thing they do, no one really cares about your every movement!
Bloopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:37 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 232/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

I don't think the pictures annoy me as much as the "emos", as I like to call them. I have several friends that constantly (like everyday) whine about how horrible their life is. Basically every post or status update is a complaint about something, and it's usually really vague like, "Why can't I EVERRRR catch a break??" I really wish there was a "no one cares" button.
MedChick87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:41 PM   #7  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedChick87 View Post
I really wish there was a "no one cares" button.
LOL Count that as one of the many reasons that I quit social networking over a year ago and never looked back.
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 08:11 AM   #8  

I used to be thinner so most of my older tagged photos have a better looking me in them. Many people haven't seen me in a long time and are shocked by my new pics because I got so fat. That is embarrassing and humiliating but I don't want to detag myself from the old photos. I don't need to run away from truth. Hopefully in the future I can post new pictures that show a healthy me. I haven't had a direct photo of myself as my profile picture for years.
TheGreatDepression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 08:17 AM   #9  
Slender Nerdess Inside...

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/140

Height: 5'0"

I only like facebook to keep up with friends and family. I like so far away from everyone that it's nice to feel like I'm still a part of their lives. I also like the funny pictures people post. I do my best not to have anything personal on there though.
tehshort1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:23 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 183/166/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett View Post
(ie it leaves traces of who you stalk
True. I was looking at my (now ex) boyfriend's business page but I had changed Facebook accounts and hadn't "liked" his page yet, and he told me he got a message that I was looking at his page and to invite me!!
BreathingSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 01:36 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 185/180/135

Height: 5'2

I just don't read the feed anymore. There is a girl who constantly send invites to random fb games. Of course there are plenty that has almost the same face shot over and over, but slightly different.
TofuSprinkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 05:36 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 214/197/140

Height: 5'3''

Facebook is awful. Most of my friends are on it constantly on their phones when they're around me, and they want to update everything they do. When I go to some event with someone, it's like they only want to be there so they can update their status to say that they are there.

Plus, I recently had a "falling out" with a friend. And her and her entire family and friends are friends with me on Facebook. Now, I know that ever time I put something up, they will all feel the need to gossip about it. It's really sad because Facebook had good intentions.

Not to mention my ex-boyfriend's family. I feel weird if I "unfriend" them. I mean, they were always nice. But...now he knows what I'm up to all the time.

Oh Facebook...
Jesserz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 06:04 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 194/175.2/140

Height: 5'2"

I permanently deleted my Facebook 2.5 months ago and don't miss it at all! Too much drama and silliness and too much time wasted.
josie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 06:36 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

If you don't want to see someone's posts just use your settings to hide their posts. That way they don't annoy you.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 08:01 AM   #15  
Eat
Random Citizen

S/C/G: 254/237/210

Height: 5'8"

I created a fake facebook account to get various promotions that companies were offering for liking them. Since those offers have died down, I rarely ever sign in to my account.
Eat is offline   Reply With Quote