3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   I should know better... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/284040-i-should-know-better.html)

KindaSortaAthlete 06-27-2013 11:45 PM

I should know better...

I don't drink to excess that offen, but it seems like lately I do at my once a month book club. Whenever I leave there, I have an overwhelming urge to text the last guy I dated - the one who broke it off with me, the one I'm not truly over.
It's stupid. I text him while I'm sort of drunk, I tell him I've been thinking about him. His favorite show TV show is a show my friend is a regular on. So he always texts me back that he watches that show and thinks of me...

But it's crap. He's not really thinking of me, he's just thinking its cool that he has a connection to his favorite show.

I should know better than to text him when I've been drinking.... Sigh

Tomorrow I'll be stronger.... I hope!

amandie 06-27-2013 11:49 PM

Aw, it happens! I've been there a couple times! If you two don't really chat that often then maybe start thinking about deleting the number for preventative measures? Just a thought. :hug:

KindaSortaAthlete 06-28-2013 12:00 AM

Oh amandine, I've gone through versions of that! I unfriended him on Facebook a few weeks ago, and I deleted all of our old texts. I still have him as a contact in my phone though... Was thinking that I'd want to know who it was if he ever tried to contact me... But so far it's only served as a way for me to contact him!

Either I need to move him into booty call land (and be truly ok with that ONLY), or I need to pretend he died. :) I don't think being friends is going to work....unless I stay drunk indefinitely :)

Thanks for responding :)

SweetScrumptious 06-28-2013 12:02 AM

I think deleting the number would be your best bet. If his number isn't there, you won't be tempted to text him after a few glasses of wine.

I'm now curious as to which TV show your friend is on!

KindaSortaAthlete 06-28-2013 12:05 AM

However, can I just say that my book club was awesome this month??

We read Joel Stein's "Man Made: In Which A Dad Learns To Be A Man For His Son", which is hilarious, but the author will actually Skype with your book club meeting!! So we spent about 45 mins skyping with him, asking him questions about his book. Very cool!! :)

KindaSortaAthlete 06-28-2013 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetScrumptious (Post 4781232)
I think deleting the number would be your best bet. If his number isn't there, you won't be tempted to text him after a few glasses of wine.

I'm now curious as to which TV show your friend is on!

You're right. It's his turn to respond, and I should probably just delete him from my phone completely.

I deserve better, I deserve better, I deserve better....

The funny thing is that I've never seen the show my friend is on - Mad Men. I think the char my friend plays is Ted.... He's a newer addition to the cast... I really should watch it one day.

Scarlett 06-28-2013 12:34 AM

I don't know how old you are but I was a HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE drunk dialer in college. I was that crazy desperate girl. I would even do the premeditated drunk dial, where I would go out and get drunk just so I could text some guy and tell him I was at a bar near his place. I cringe thinking about some this behavior. I would just hold my phone and be struggling to fight the urge to not text a guy.

Then for whatever reason I just out grew it. I'm not even tempted to do this anymore. I cannot even remember the last time I drunk dialed someone. It was probably 3-4 years ago. I guess I realized that it just doesn't work and creates more of what you don't want.

Hyacinth 06-28-2013 12:37 AM

Oh, I so get this! I've been there before and I'm grateful I do not have this particular challenge right now.

You can do better. For a boyfriend, and for a booty call.

I vote for deleting his number. If you really needed it, you could look it up in the detail of your cell-phone bill.

Slashnl 06-28-2013 12:02 PM

It's like that country song by Lady Antebellum (I think that might be spelled right). "It's a quarter after 1, I'm a little drunk and I need you now."

BreathingSpace 06-28-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KindaSortaAthlete (Post 4781237)
You're right. It's his turn to respond, and I should probably just delete him from my phone completely.

I deserve better, I deserve better, I deserve better....

The funny thing is that I've never seen the show my friend is on - Mad Men. I think the char my friend plays is Ted.... He's a newer addition to the cast... I really should watch it one day.

You'll probably feel a sense of lightness that you didn't even realize when you delete his contact entry from your phone. Delete it!

I think that is SO COOL that you got to skype with the author! I would love to be a part of cool things like that. I need new friends, no one around here does anything cool LOL.

Mad Men = awesome. Ted = awesome character. Tell your friend he is a great addition to the cast and him and Peggy had amazing chemistry!