3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   Why I Love 3FC (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/282001-why-i-love-3fc.html)

NorthernChick13 05-21-2013 08:10 PM

Why I Love 3FC

Oh. my. GOD! I just spent 3 minutes on My Fitness Pal and I came running back! Everyone was just arguing and knocking each other down! They should rename it "My Fitness Frenemy!"

I am sure MFP has AMAZING forums as well, but I have NEVER seen a horrible rude display here on 3FC!

Thank you for all the smiles and cheers to being amazing!!!!!

Why do YOU love 3FC?!

jmko 05-21-2013 08:19 PM

For the exact same reason!!! I was on a forum dedicated to a certain weight loss product and while it's a great resource, some people are just so judgemental and can get so aggressive and rude! Love 3FC for all the support! Even if there's a controversial issue, people are at least courteous about it!

Changergirl 05-21-2013 09:45 PM

I completely agree. I use MFP to track my calories and that's it. The odd time I'll look at the recent forum topics but as you said it's just arguing over the stupidest things. For all my support I come here.

SuperHeroTeacher 05-21-2013 10:05 PM

I don't know if I can put into words how much I love this place! I love the support, the people, the advice, and especially knowing there are people here who get me and where I'm coming from. I don't hang out on any other forums (haven't or years because of the drama that seems to always occur), and I lurked here for months before I officially joined.

punkrocksong 05-22-2013 06:42 AM

It was just dumb luck that I found this forum first, and I'm so happy I did! People are honest but respectful of other's views. I've learned so much in the short time I've been on here and it's helped me so much to stay motivated.

I signed up for MFP, but never did anything else with it really because I have another friend who signed up and had a lot of the same complaints. I'm a little emotionally raw from this big change in my life and I don't know how well I would deal with that kind of negative critisism.

olehcat 05-22-2013 06:59 AM

I agree! I've been to a few weight loss forums and this place is the friendliest and most supportive by far.

Ruthxxx 05-22-2013 07:44 AM

The MODs and ADMINS just LOVE posts like this!

ICUwishing 05-22-2013 09:25 AM

Ditto! What I love about this place is the old-fashioned DISCUSSIONS we get into about what works for us and why, and yet we can recognize that there is no single "right" road. Here, people have informed opinions and provide references - instead of just wanting to have "blurts" validated as if they were facts.

elvislover324 05-22-2013 09:36 AM

I assume no one needs a repeat of all the reasons that I heart 3fc...but one of them bears repeating:

I love 3FC because of all of YOU!! Thank you for all the support, motivation, inspiration, just overall awesomeness that you have given to me over the last 8 months since I joined. Thank you, thank you, thank you. :love:

CherryPie99 05-22-2013 09:55 AM

Some people might be PO'd at me saying this, but I have never seen a STUPIDER group of people then those who post on the My Fitness Pal Forums....

Anywho - 3FC ROCKS!!

PreciousMissy 05-22-2013 11:40 AM

I like it because of the positive reinforcement that I see on a daily basis. If someone is having a bad day (such as myself yesterday) people are supportive...they don't kick you while you're down, they help you get back up!

Slashnl 05-22-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Changergirl (Post 4748652)
I completely agree. I use MFP to track my calories and that's it. The odd time I'll look at the recent forum topics but as you said it's just arguing over the stupidest things. For all my support I come here.

Me too! I agree totally.

thinkfit 05-22-2013 03:15 PM

Same! I've looked around other forums to see if I want to join, and the most common thing I see is people indulging in unhealthy behavior and looking to other members to justify it - and they do! Like it's ok to mess up once in a while and look for support in realizing your mistake and getting back on your feet, but there's a major difference!

Em Coconut 05-22-2013 06:13 PM

I love it here because everyone is so nice and supportive, it doesn't seem like anyone is constantly trying to push their way of doing things over on others, there's not the constant rudeness and "drama" like on some of the other sites :)

I was at another message board once, had some issues with the diet (it was a specific diet place) that I needed to figure out, and instead of getting answers to my actual questions, I was told several times to just get my S#!t together and do it the right way.
That was absolutely not what I needed :nono:

Bloopers 05-22-2013 07:14 PM

Like everyone else, I too think the support here is amazing. Everyone is just so nice! And I can cry and rant about anything and never have someone been rude to me in the least. When folks around here give advice/suggestions that may seem a little more 'aggressive' (aggressive is probably too strong a word to use, but you get my point), it's usually because they're genuinely trying to look out for whoever is trying to seek advice.