General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 05-18-2013, 11:52 PM   #1  
Rachel

S/C/G: 295ish/278.4/145

Height: 5'5"

Default Doctor Who S7 finale (Spoilers!)

My main thoughts on the season finale:

1.) I love Matt Smith <3

2.) River, yay! And also, aawww :'(

3.) Clara is basically the ultimate companion (she's like a combination of all the other companions, plus she's brunette )

and, finally....

4.) HUH?!

I had to watch the last five minutes like three times. From what I understand, the Doctor's biggest secret is that there's a past incarnation of him that we don't know about who apparently did bad, unDoctorly things for the sake of peace. My head might explode from all the possibilities! I mean, we know the Doctor simultaneously wiped out his own race + the Daleks in the Time War, so what could be worse than that?

I think it was pretty epic & I'm really glad they tied up loose ends with River, & that we finally know what the deal is with Clara. So, what did you fellow Whovians think?
Keep Moving Forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 05:53 AM   #2  
is stronger than this

S/C/G: 242/see ticker/142

Height: 5ft 6

I have a big girl crush on Clara!

I really liked it though, I thought the explanation for Clara was pretty good - which I wasn't expecting (this season hasn't been as good as previous ones!)

Very much looking forward to the anniversary special - I also really like John Hurt so it should be good!
purplekitten7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:14 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 291/240.6/147

Height: 5'7"

I REALLLLLLY like Strax, Jenny, and Vastra. They could do a spin off and I'd be their biggest fan.

River broke my heart.

This was far and away the best episode of this season but I am glad this season is over. It just kind of sucked.

As I was reading this, I noticed a banner advert with the Doctor. There are books? THERE ARE BOOKS! Had no idea!

Here's the link if anyone's interested. I'll see if my library has any of them.

http://www.randomhouse.co.uk/lp/the-...FQ3l7AodlSwATQ

Last edited by TheSecondHalf; 05-19-2013 at 10:17 PM.
TheSecondHalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:57 AM   #4  
Rachel

S/C/G: 295ish/278.4/145

Height: 5'5"

^^^ A spin off with the three of them would be highly enjoyable. It cracks me up every single time Strax calls Jenny a boy. Every single time.

Books?! I need them!!!
Keep Moving Forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 03:04 PM   #5  
In the TARDIS

S/C/G: 368/ticker/168

Height: 6'0"

The RiverxDoctor scene breaks my heart all over again every time I watch it. It just seems like Eleven loves her so very much, even though he spent so long running from her.

I'm still not a fan of Clara. I know it's petty, but I'm not. Instead of showing us the Doctor's grief (post Angels take Manhattan), I feel like they just hid him away and then threw a new pretty girl into the mix to be "perfect for the Doctor" in every way possible. And people actually complain about River being the Mary Sue. /grumble

I think John Hurt is going to be the Doctor that fought in the Time War. Or something worse, but it's going to be heartbreaking.

Also, the books are great! More Eleven is always welcome!

Another also: Ten and Eleven are going to be amazing together in the 50th. I can't wait to see how insane it's going to be, I only wish Nine was involved.
LaceyCen is offline   Reply With Quote