General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 05-13-2013, 03:40 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 229/see ticker/135

Height: 62 inches

Default Becoming a Mary Kay Consultant?

I'm just wondering what y'all think? My friend just signed up and I'm thinking of signing up under her. I just don't know it is okay, since it's over $100 (once shipping is added) to get the kit.

I'd really like to be able to earn some income for my family, as we currently have a mortgage on the house we own in NC and rent for the house we are in here in Georgia.

What do you y'all think of Mary Kay? Honest opinions, please.

I want to make a decision based on what people I ask feel about the product. Obviously if I get more "we don't like its" then "go for its" I will pass.

I would just love to find something I could be successful at. Thoughts?
RavenWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 03:49 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 183/ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

I think it would be hard to sell Mary Kay unless you had a large network of people to sell to. Before you sign up I would read the website pinktruth.com. Some people may say go for it but based on what I read on that website I would not sign myself up.
Rated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 03:56 PM   #3  

Thanks! I'm going to go look at that site now!
Old 05-13-2013, 04:07 PM   #4  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

Height: 5'4"

I guess it all depends on how big MK products are in your area. In Colorado, I haven't seen anything to do with MK in a little over 10 years. I can't even think of anyone I know that wears it. They're all about Clinique in my office.
PreciousMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:11 PM   #5  

My sister-in-law just became a consultant and she's not exactly the brightest bulb (not being rude, she just is so naïve I assume someone bagged her to get credit). But besides that, I found out she's a consultant because I got a text message from her that I thought was spam. She took a corporate campaign and forwarded that to me (and God knows how many others) instead of creating her own customer friendly request. Needless to say, I didn't call the number to take the survey for her to get credit. And I don't even want to know how much she had to spend to sign up to sell.

I don't buy makeup from someone just because they need to make their numbers for the month.

I feel bad that she's probably not going to succeed but she's the queen of Tupperware parties, Lia Sophia parties, PartyLite parties, all of them. But she doesn't go to anyone else's because she doesn't have the money. I told her the last time she had a Partylite party I can get what I want cheaper from Ebay so sorry, I can't go. And it was the truth.

I wish you a lot of success if you take that route, just please do all your research first!!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:14 PM   #6  

From what I've read on that site and the feedback I got from friends...I think I'm going to have to pass.
Old 05-13-2013, 06:03 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

Such a pyramid scheme. All those jewelry/makeup/tupperware parties are the same to me... (eek, hope that isn't too harsh!)
Quiet Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 08:00 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 286/153/155

Height: 5'9

One of my friends at work sold it and stopped when some people put in a large order and then stopped working there. She had to pay for the whole order herself. I don't think it's the great opportunity they sell you on.
Madame Souza is offline   Reply With Quote