General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 05-02-2013, 06:35 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 229/see ticker/135

Height: 62 inches

Default Trying to Sell Our House Back Home...

because we will not be moving back there. My husband and I decided Georgia IS home. We feel comfortable here, love the people and love the country life.

Anyway, we need to sell our home in NC because it has been sitting empty for a year. Renting it out IS not an option or an idea we will even entertain. We rented our house out once for a year when we were stationed across country, and came home to our house having been tore up. (Not to mention my kitchen was painted Barney purple AND green...hideous!)

Any pointers on getting more traffic to the home to show it? My parents have had their house on the market for over 6 months and have had only one showing with a realtor.

I have it listed on craigslist now.

I'm just really wanting to see this thing sold!!!
RavenWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:46 AM   #2  
Sassafrass

S/C/G: 325/240/175

Height: 5'5"

DH and I are in the process of home buying currently in Georgia (Alpharetta/Johns Creek) and I hate this process. I know the market is picking back up in that area, but not sure about NC.

One thought would be to find out who has sold the most houses in the specific area you're trying to sell in and perhaps enlist them as an agent.

Where in GA are you?
SoMuchFattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:54 AM   #3  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Hire a stager, if your house is empty. -- Furnished and decorated house always seems to sell faster. And yes, you prolly should hire an agent.

Good luck!!
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:47 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 229/see ticker/135

Height: 62 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMuchFattitude View Post
DH and I are in the process of home buying currently in Georgia (Alpharetta/Johns Creek) and I hate this process. I know the market is picking back up in that area, but not sure about NC.

One thought would be to find out who has sold the most houses in the specific area you're trying to sell in and perhaps enlist them as an agent.

Where in GA are you?
We are in the Augusta area. Outside of it, actually.

If we do not get anything from Craigslist soon I will have an agent list it. Thanks!
RavenWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:30 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/166/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post
Hire a stager, if your house is empty. -- Furnished and decorated house always seems to sell faster. And yes, you prolly should hire an agent.

Good luck!!
^^This! And definitely hire a well-respected realtor. I think they are invaluable. I can't imagine doing a FISBO from another state! Good luck!
Jennifer1966 is offline   Reply With Quote