General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 05-09-2013, 02:10 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 166/see ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

My boyfriend is 10 years older than I am. And I've never loved anyone more. I'm having the time of my life and he's ring shopping

We're in similar places in life, we're both married and divorced so we know what we're looking for. We've connected on so many levels and he's my best friend. When we were first dating, I thought I'd go on one date with him and that would be it. Like you, I couldn't shake him.

Take it slowly - see where it goes, but use a level head! Maybe try not sleeping with him everytime you see him so you know that you two connect on more than just a physical level? Don't get me wrong, I'm not one to judge about sleeping with someone, but just be careful. No one can tell you whether or not it's good for you. You need to figure it out for yourself. If it works, great! If not, life is about making mistakes and learning from them.

Good luck and keep us updated!!
jmko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:06 PM   #17  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacha View Post
Just be aware.

In my situation, it was like the high school girl who thinks her college boyfriend is sooooo mature, but in reality, if he was so mature, why do women his own age ignore him???
Yes. ^this^ is where you need to tread carefully. In some cases it just happens to be you hit it off. My aunt and undle are 17 years difference, They've been together before I was born, and he's the older one. Neither is weird lol, they just met at work and it was a match.

But...In many other cases I've seen, especially when the guy is older, the question is why is he not doing well with women his age. The couple that we live next door to for years, she was 19 and he was 36. I could see from my point of view that he was not the kind of man an experience women would stay with. I don;t know whow to describe it, but the girl being 19 didn't have the experience to see the red flags in his relationship behavoir. I've know other guys like that over the years, that don't have the maturity or financial stability to date girls their age, so they go for younger girls. Again not that that is always the case, but its something to think about.
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:44 PM   #18  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by storm View Post
Ladies need your advice. So I had a lot of fun over the weekend and met a guy who was 13 years older than me. I'm 23, he's 36.

and we hit it off really well.... in fact to the point where I slept with him. Now it's been two days and I really can't shake him off. Usually I can and just say oh it was just a fling, but I can't!

The thing is though I've never dated anyone that is that much older than me. We had great chemistry and were so natural around each other you know?

Is anyone dating/ married to someone significantly older? Need your advice!
I did the same thing at 23, dated a 36 year old. I fell for him hard. It didn't last, but it's a fond memory of mine and I wouldn't change it.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:39 PM   #19  
Just Do It

S/C/G: 296/Ticker/190

Height: 6'2"

awwww – but I have such great advice.

(Hangs head and goes back to the Mens Corner...)
Dane74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:04 AM   #20  
Kelly

S/C/G: 310.6/239/160

Height: 5'9

There's no crystal ball when it comes to age difference. Until I met my husband I always dated older men, but the relationships never really lasted because they were based on the physical - not so much the other, more important stuff.

When I was 19, I dated a guy who was 28 - recently divorced, and discovered that he liked the novelty of telling his friends he was banging a teenager...gross.

When I was 20 I dated a guy who was 35, and while it was fun, I realized after a few months that we had no future together...because he was 35, never married, and hanging out with college kids - and not in the mentoring kind of way.

Right before I met my husband when I was 21, I dated a guy who was about 10 years older than me, and he was a really nice guy, but we literally had nothing in common aside from...you know...and we just drifted apart. He wanted to get married, start a family, he had his own home and was settled in his job - I was still figuring out what I wanted to do with my life. I didn't want to end up like my Mom who got married when she was 19 and started popping out babies without thinking about what she really wanted out of life.

My husband of almost 12 years is not quite a year older than me and we were in the same place emotionally when we met and it just clicked. We relate to one another really well, we had the same insecurities about the future and it seemed so much more exciting and he's the love of my life. I had to get through a lot of jerks to get to him though - but I fell in love with him, not his age.

It never hurts to see where a relationship will go as long as you tread lightly and go in with both eyes open.
punkrocksong is offline   Reply With Quote