General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 04-11-2013, 12:34 AM   #1  
Rachel

S/C/G: 295ish/278.4/145

Height: 5'5"

Default Any Whovians?

Anybody a Doctor Who fan? I've only been one myself for about a year. I kept hearing about how great it is, & then I caught an episode one day on BBC America, then I had to watch all of them. I got my best friend watching it, too.

So, I wanted to pose some questions to fellow fans:

1.) How/when did you get into the show?
As I said, I saw one episode & had to see more about a year ago.

2.) Who do you love more: 9, 10, or 11?
I think 11 is my favorite, he was my first Doctor. Plus, he's silly & he can rock a bowtie. I might like 9 more than 10, 10 took me a while to warm up to.

3.) What's your favorite episode?
Right now, I'm gonna say "Human Nature," because it was interesting/sad to see what the Doctor's life could be like as a human.

4.)Who is your favorite companion?

Amy & Rory, though I'm a fan of Rose, too. Also, River Song is a serious bad @$$, & I love her.
Keep Moving Forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:53 AM   #2  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

I'm new to the doctor, less than a year. My husband got me started. I am madly in love with ten!
Rose is my favorite, followed by Martha.

I can't pick a fave episode, but the one with the "moisturize me" chick was funny and the silence creeps me out!

Oh and I love the library episode
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:24 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 205/180/145

Height: 5'6

I got into it in high school after channel surfing one night. My dad filled me in on the rest.

I absolutely love 10's way of doing things, but I think 11 has a more full character.

I don't really have one

Donna, for sure. She makes me laugh and she's really cool
Titaniana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:26 AM   #4  
Rachel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozzy View Post
I can't pick a fave episode, but the one with the "moisturize me" chick was funny and the silence creeps me out!
That lady, if you can call her that, was pretty funny. Especially in the New New York episode with the cat-nuns, lol.

The Silence are seriously creepy, but I think the Weeping Angels freak me out way more. Definitely can't look at statues the same.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:27 AM   #5  
Rachel

Titaniana, Donna is hilarious. I love how she yells at people :P
Old 04-11-2013, 09:51 AM   #6  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

I started watching Doctor Who at the beginning of March. I'm almost to season 4 now. I saw a couple episodes with the 11th doctor on tv and I fell in love with the show. I think the 9th doctor was my favorite.

I bought myself a weeping angel t-shirt and TARDIS knee-high socks last week.

Last edited by Psychic; 04-11-2013 at 09:51 AM.
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:12 AM   #7  
F - Yeah, I'm doing this.

S/C/G: 297/*Ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep Moving Forward View Post
Anybody a Doctor Who fan? I've only been one myself for about a year. I kept hearing about how great it is, & then I caught an episode one day on BBC America, then I had to watch all of them. I got my best friend watching it, too.

So, I wanted to pose some questions to fellow fans:

As I said, I saw one episode & had to see more about a year ago.

I think 11 is my favorite, he was my first Doctor. Plus, he's silly & he can rock a bowtie. I might like 9 more than 10, 10 took me a while to warm up to.

Right now, I'm gonna say "Human Nature," because it was interesting/sad to see what the Doctor's life could be like as a human.

Amy & Rory, though I'm a fan of Rose, too. Also, River Song is a serious bad @$$, & I love her.
MEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

1.) I saw a Christmas Special a couple years ago and was hooked from there.

2.) They are all my favorites.

3.) Um, all of them!

4.) I didn't like Rose at first but I eventually warmed up to her, Donna was loads of fun and the Pond's (all 3 of em ) are my current fave's!!

When I have lost some more weight, I am going Dr. Who shopping on ThinkGeek. If you haven't been there, I HIGHLY recommend you check it out. It's pretty much a Whovian Swag paradise.
Silverfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:02 AM   #8  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

My dad watched the older shows regularly from the time I was a baby, but I sat down and watched the new episodes with him starting maybe 6-7 years ago.

9 and 10. I...don't LOVE 11.

It's a tough one for sure - "Doomsday" is not a FAVORITE but I have never, ever cried so hard watching anything, even the Anne Frank TV movie! Maybe "The End of the World" - or "Aliens of London" or "Bad Wolf" I also really like "Voyage of the Damned" with Kylie Minogue as guest star.

Rose Tyler, then Donna, then Amy and Rory, then Martha

Last edited by krampus; 04-11-2013 at 11:02 AM.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:21 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 291/240.6/147

Height: 5'7"

1. My husband is English so he grew up watching it. He watched starting with nine and I made fun of him CONSTANTLY. I tried watching an episode with River Song and had so many questions he stopped watching it and told me to either catch up or be quiet. I got the first season from the library and we've watched them from the beginning together.

2. Ten is my doctor.

3. Don't blink! The angels have the phone box!

4. Donna.

I have NEVER been a scifi or fantasy fan, I am not someone who collects Star Wars salt and pepper shakers or quotes Star Trek but I love Firefly, Doctor Who, and Harry Potter. Oh, and Game of Thrones. But that's it!
TheSecondHalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:28 PM   #10  
Rachel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfire View Post

When I have lost some more weight, I am going Dr. Who shopping on ThinkGeek. If you haven't been there, I HIGHLY recommend you check it out. It's pretty much a Whovian Swag paradise.
That's enough weight loss motivation for me! I love ThinkGeek, I buy bday/Christmas gifts for my friends from there. And I'm always annoyed by the too-small Doctor Who stuff!
Old 04-11-2013, 05:34 PM   #11  
Rachel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSecondHalf View Post
I have NEVER been a scifi or fantasy fan, I am not someone who collects Star Wars salt and pepper shakers or quotes Star Trek but I love Firefly, Doctor Who, and Harry Potter. Oh, and Game of Thrones. But that's it!
Oh my, Firefly is one of my all-time favorites. I love tons of sci-fi/fantasy, HP especially! Rats, I may have to start a whole new thread about sci-fi/fantasy in general. I'm such a nerd
Old 04-11-2013, 05:59 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 350/296/125

Height: 177cm

I caught an episode in the first season (of the reboot) when it originally aired but didn't have a clue what was going on. Then I went to Ireland for 2 weeks back in 2010 and caught the second half of the season 5 lizards underground episode. Still had no clue what was going on but I knew I had to see more!
I love Nine but I adore Ten!

It's a pretty tough choice and I tend not to include the "obvious" favourite episodes when I choose. I love the Season 3 finale episodes with the Toclafane and the Master. Absolutely EPIC.

Without a doubt, Donna; then Rose, Martha, and finally Amy. I can't stand Amy, to be honest. A little too... clingy.

Last edited by Skellig19; 04-11-2013 at 06:01 PM.
Skellig19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:59 AM   #13  
Rachel

Skelling, I just watched the Season 3 finale last night & I was like "Holy crap, this is AWESOME!" Seriously epic episodes.
Old 04-12-2013, 01:03 PM   #14  

S/C/G: RS:164/130/130

Height: 5'3

Are you my mummy?

^Don't know if anything will ever beat that one for me!
Leaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:01 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 350/296/125

Height: 177cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post
Are you my mummy?

^Don't know if anything will ever beat that one for me!
If I'm not mistaken that's the first episode written by Steven Moffat who has now taken over the majority of the production of the series. I adore Moffat BUT I really do think he's better at doing the one-off episodes like The Empty Child and Blink rather than doing a whole series. I've found series 5 and on has been a bit too "epic" and not serial enough. I hate to complain but I've found it confusing and with too many plot twists lately.

That being said, I am loving the newest companion and I've only seen up the Bells of St. John. Clara's lovely!
Skellig19 is offline   Reply With Quote