General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 04-09-2013, 01:08 PM   #16  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

I have no desire to go braless except for sleeping. My bras are so darn comfortable and make me look so good that it has eradicated the need to go without them during the day. When I wore the wrong size, on the other hand, I looked for any excuse to ditch them!

And I'd never go topless in a million years, for moral reasons. I'll nurse babies around the house and modestly, in public, but that's as much of my body as is ever being seen by anyone but my husband!
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:57 PM   #17  
Krissy Missy

S/C/G: 181/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

I really don't like wearing a bra, and when I'm home it's never on. I'm a nursing mom, size 36DD and even though I'm fairly large chested I feel much more comfortable "freebird".

I pretty much only wear a bra if I'm out of the house without a coat. And I like it that way.
Missy Krissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:45 PM   #18  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryPie99 View Post
Other then work, you will never catch me in a bra. I hate the frigging things!
I'm so glad someone feels the same as I feel. I don't wear one at work either unless I'm wearing certain tops. If it is a loose top, then no bra.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:11 PM   #19  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

When I was heavy I HATED going bra-less. My boobs were so big that they sagged and laid against my ribcage and stomach making for a sweaty and uncomfortable situation. I would ONLY go braless to sleep, and even then sometimes I'd sleep in a sports bra. I did find my regular bras uncomfortable though. I couldn't win.

Now, though, my bras are very comfortable, and it also is comfortable to go bra-less. I only go sans bra around the house though. To me the feeling is just weird to leave the house without a bra, like too revealing. Plus my breasts show the fact that I've had 2 children and have lost 100 lbs; even if I was comfortable going bra-less outside of the house I don't think it would be an attractive look for me.
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:32 PM   #20  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

I was a 36AA when I was heavier and now I'm a 32A. Nothing here, I always joke that if I had a kid I couldn't breastfeed it if I tried.

I like to wear lightly padded bras to create the illusion of shape and substance under my shirts. It *IS* nice to be able to wear Band-Aids as bras when I'm in my "going out" clothes.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:48 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 205/175/105

Height: 5 foot 1 inch

Quote:
Originally Posted by krampus View Post
I was a 36AA when I was heavier and now I'm a 32A. Nothing here, I always joke that if I had a kid I couldn't breastfeed it if I tried.

I like to wear lightly padded bras to create the illusion of shape and substance under my shirts. It *IS* nice to be able to wear Band-Aids as bras when I'm in my "going out" clothes.
well that certainly is a plus for smaller breasts! i can barely eve wear strapless bras, or maybe i'm just not getting good enough ones because they're tight on the bottom and loose at the top. when i was a 36b i would wear shirts with those built-in bras, but now they're all too small on me... i'm never going to be able to wear a S shirt again xP
Alyssa Autopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:11 PM   #22  
Rachel

S/C/G: 295ish/278.4/145

Height: 5'5"

I dislike having to wear a bra about as much I dislike wearing shoes. If my boobs weren't saggy, I would totally free-boob it in public. But my young D's are already saggy, and I don't feel comfortable with them just flopping around everywhere.

I do go braless at home fairly often, and I'm barefoot as much as possible. When it's hot, I prefer to wear as little clothing as possible. Not that I'm a nudist or exhibitionist or anything, I just find a bunch of clothing to be cumbersome.
Keep Moving Forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:37 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 317/292/150

Height: 5'3 ½

If I am at home I am braless. I'm a 42H and I hate bras.
livelaughlovesunshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:47 PM   #24  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyssa Autopsy View Post
well that certainly is a plus for smaller breasts! i can barely eve wear strapless bras, or maybe i'm just not getting good enough ones because they're tight on the bottom and loose at the top. when i was a 36b i would wear shirts with those built-in bras, but now they're all too small on me... i'm never going to be able to wear a S shirt again xP
I was thinking you may want to measure yourself to be sure you are wearing the right band and cup sizes. It is supposed to be tight but not I-can-barely-breathe tight, you know? You also want it to really hold the girls, not be swimming in it. A member here posted a blog entry about it a while ago on how to do it and a lot of great other tips that may benefit you. HTH!
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:21 AM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandie View Post
I was thinking you may want to measure yourself to be sure you are wearing the right band and cup sizes. It is supposed to be tight but not I-can-barely-breathe tight, you know? You also want it to really hold the girls, not be swimming in it. A member here posted a blog entry about it a while ago on how to do it and a lot of great other tips that may benefit you. HTH!
i was measured at victorias secret. but all bras fit me weird. they are all tight at the bottom and loose on top, that's why my grandmother shortens the straps of all of my bras for me. but you can't really adjust the straps on a strapless bra xP my best-fitting bra has a pocket of air on the top... yet the size lower (38D) has me spilling out on all sides. i've never been good with bras, that's why i didn't wear them except when necessary (gym class, work, special occasions) from ages 14-20. i have never in my life had a bra that fit me perfectly. and i've been through basically every style there is. i do prefer racerbacks though, normal straps slide off my shoulders CONSTANTLY.
Old 04-10-2013, 01:46 AM   #26  

S/C/G: size 20/14/10

Height: 5' 7"

Maybe I'm the only one who sleeps in my bra? It is that comfortable and I hate the idea of the sagging getting worse. Even when I was very thin my "girls" were larger than average. I nursed three babies and am working on losing 50lbs a second time. I figure the support might help and couldn't hurt.
mariposssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:46 AM   #27  
Michelle :D

S/C/G: 85/64.1/56

Height: 164cm

I cannot go without a bra, i wear a bra all the time - im not big (36C) but I just feel awkard not wearing one.
as for topless, bikini top is as far as i will take it, i am way to self concious about my body
Fortunate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:53 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 246/246/135

Height: 5'6

Quote:
i was measured at victorias secret.
Victoria's Secret does a horrible job of measuring, from what I've seen they'll do anything to get you into one of their bras. I would really measure yourself, it isn't hard. I had been wearing a 38C most of my life and I'm actually a 38E, so it's no wonder no bra ever fit me right. I think I know what you are talking about with the tight on bottom and loose on top, I have the same problem. I pretty much have to wear half cup and balconette bras, anything else and my chest looks swallowed up by the bra and does not fill it up, even if it's the right cup size. Full coverage bras look RIDICULOUS on me.

And Keep Moving Forward, that's me too. Totally not a nudist! I just don't like stuff on me if it doesn't need to be. It's also why I don't wear a lot of jewelry.
Daki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:49 AM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daki View Post
Victoria's Secret does a horrible job of measuring, from what I've seen they'll do anything to get you into one of their bras. I would really measure yourself, it isn't hard. I had been wearing a 38C most of my life and I'm actually a 38E, so it's no wonder no bra ever fit me right. I think I know what you are talking about with the tight on bottom and loose on top, I have the same problem. I pretty much have to wear half cup and balconette bras, anything else and my chest looks swallowed up by the bra and does not fill it up, even if it's the right cup size. Full coverage bras look RIDICULOUS on me.

And Keep Moving Forward, that's me too. Totally not a nudist! I just don't like stuff on me if it doesn't need to be. It's also why I don't wear a lot of jewelry.
how do i measure? i've never done it before.
Old 04-10-2013, 12:45 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 246/246/135

Height: 5'6

Quote:
how do i measure? i've never done it before.
To do your band size you measure your ribcage directly under your breasts tightly. I achieve this by measuring on an exhale instead of pulling the tape measure tight., it's not supposed to be TIGHT-tight. This is your band size. Do not add 4 inches like most directions will tell you. If you are wearing the wrong band size then wearing the correct one can be an adjustment. You are supposed to wear your bra on the last hook and as it stretches out over time you can move inward on the hooks.

To determine your cup size you measure your bust around the fullest part of your breasts. Personally, my boobs sag a bit so I bend at the waist, parallel to the floor, and measure across my nipples bent over so all of my breast tissue gets accounted for.

After you have these two measurements you subtract your underbust (band) from your bust and that number gives you your cup size.

For American sizing:
1" = A
2" = B
3" = C
4" = D
5" = DD
6" = DDD (In some brands like Freya and Panache this is an E cup)
7" = G (F cup in Freya and Panache)
8" = H (FF in Freya and Panache)
9" = I (G in Freya and Panache)
10" = J (GG in Freya and Panache)
11" = K (H in Freya and Panache)
12" = L (HH in Freya and Panache)

So for example. My underbust is 38" and my bust is 43" which leaves me with a 6" difference. So my band is a 38 and my cup is an E (I'm wearing a Freya bra).

Tip: Read reviews on a certain bra before you buy it if you are buying online (Which I could never do until I measured myself and found my real size). I also buy bras on eBay. You can find discontinued styles for $20. I've bought several $60 bras for $20 shipped with tags still on them. It's almost impossible for me to find a bra in my size in a store and not have it swallow me whole. I need a very specific cut of bra that doesn't usually get carried in my size in stores.

Sorry this was so lengthy. I like to be as clear as possible.

Last edited by Daki; 04-10-2013 at 12:49 PM.
Daki is offline   Reply With Quote