Major League Baseball Chat

You're on Page 12 of 14
Go to
  • Quote: Going to the Chipper Jones retirement game. Totally sold out game and parking, going to be fun!
    That must have been a fun night and you got a win.
  • Quote: We're in line for some home games now. That's good. This last road trip was not so good.

Clyde, now you have to stay up late to see the games, huh!?
    I really dislike west coast games.

This game has sucked. We are losing 5-1.

It's like being at a football game with all the horns and drums.

Pirates will have the best record in baseball.
  • Quote:
    Pirates will have the best record in baseball.
    Did you ever think you'd be able to say that? Maybe in the early 90's, but probably not in the past 15-20 years.
  • Quote: Did you ever think you'd be able to say that? Maybe in the early 90's, but probably not in the past 15-20 years.
    They are playing good ball at the moment.

They have good pitching but their bullpen is getting used a lot.

First team to 50 wins.
  • Quote: First team to 50 wins.
    Ok, that's funny! Made me laugh.
  • All these inter-league games, I'd much rather be playing NL teams.

Thank you Mr Selig
  • Stop all this discussion about baseball.
    Manny is Back!!!
    Playing Tripple-A for the Texas Rangers.

[Hope you're still watching baseball from up there and find this amusing, Gary.]
  • Quote: Stop all this discussion about baseball.
    Manny is Back!!!
    Playing Tripple-A for the Texas Rangers.

[Hope you're still watching baseball from up there and find this amusing, Gary.]
    Unbelievable.

You know Gary is watching.
  • I couldn't believe it when I heard they had signed him.

The Rangers are a pretty good team, swept us.

I Heard he has to cut his hair.
  • The American League West has kicked our butts.

Also Bill check this out, finally the Red Sox will play at new Busch.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseb...83e4331e5.html

I've already told Caroline to start saving.
  • Heading to Busch Stadium for the game with my youngest.

It's July will be a hot one.
  • Well, Rockies won last night. It's been getting pretty dismal lately. Makes me tired to watch them.
  • Growing up in LA I have been going to Dodger games since I was 6. It has been a long drought since 1988.

I was going to write this season off as a disaster and the trade with Boston last year as one of the worse ever. I still think it was an incredibly stupid trade. But wow have things turned since June and Puig.

Now in second place. 3.5 games out of first. I just wanted us to be less than 8 or so at the all-star break. I can tell you one thing though. This year it is division winner or nothing.

Oh and talk about stupid. The one game play in thing at the end of a 162 game season is beyond stupid as well. But oh well. At least I have something to retain my interest for the rest of the year.
  • BTW I now live about a half mile from Dell Diamond in Round Rock, TX. Which is the AAA ballpark for the Rangers. I haven't gone to see Man-Ram but I might. It is a fantastic ballpark.

Doesn't have the energy of a major league ballpark but so easy to get in and out of (Dodger stadium as my comparison), a play area for kids. Just way more laid back which is not all bad.
  • Quote: BTW I now live about a half mile from Dell Diamond in Round Rock, TX. Which is the AAA ballpark for the Rangers. I haven't gone to see Man-Ram but I might. It is a fantastic ballpark.

Doesn't have the energy of a major league ballpark but so easy to get in and out of (Dodger stadium as my comparison), a play area for kids. Just way more laid back which is not all bad.
    Welcome to our baseball chat.

There's a few of us around.