General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 02-20-2013, 03:30 PM   #1  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

Question a little advice, please!!!!

I posted this in another forum, but it's bugging me and I can use all the points of view I can get!
Good Day Ladies! ugh, I am just SO IRRITATED today

My husband is on his way to Vegas (last minute business trip) and it's pissing me off more than it should! I had originally taken the 3 days off (today, Thursday, and Friday) but when they decided not to go to the trade show I cancelled them. THEN, THREE DAYS AGO, company decides they're going! Got him a nice suite at the Hard Rock and everything. I hate to say it, but I'm stupidly jealous! I should have just gone this morning with him! But I'm not sure missing my second calculus class would be a bad idea, or if it would matter. AND I'd have to drive out myself the 4 hours to come back the next day. Do you think that would be worth it, or should I just forget about it?

What would you guys do? Here's the scenario: tell boss I want to leave at 1 tomorrow and drive out to Vegas, get there by 5 and spend night with hubby eating, drinking, and being merry (and gambling!), check out of hotel with him at 11:00 Friday morning and drive home.

A - is it worth it? the gas money (120 bucks give or take a few dollars), and missing school tomorrow night, or
B - should I just get over it and stay here, go to work and school, and not spend a bunch of money?
this sucks! WAH! sigh.
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:37 PM   #2  

That SO sucks for you, booooo. I'm frustrated for you.

I'd say skip it this time, only because I remember we talked about you going to Vegas over the summer (and then I just saw it on your goals too!).

That's a lot of travel money and travel time just for 1 night (full of calories even!) and then having to turn around and come back home.

Hopefully DH wins you a few bucks and you can go shopping or something when he gets back.

I'd enjoy your time home alone as much as you can (I hate when my husband travels for work, I'm a scaredy cat!). And you really don't want to miss another one of your classes in case something "real" comes up in the future and you miss another. I remember way back when if you missed 3 or more classes, sometimes you automatically forfeited the class. I don't want that to happen to you either!

I'd be online looking at all kinds of Vegas stuff to do in July, reading reviews of where to eat and what to see.

So sorry you even have to deal with this. What a bummer.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:39 PM   #3  
No description available.

Go to calculus.

Signed,
Not your mom but someone else's mom
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:41 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 272/see tracker/170

Height: 5'11"

If you can afford it money wise, I don't see a problem with going to Vegas and spending times with your hubby if that is what you really want to do. And hey, who doesn't want to spend a little time in Vegas?

However, if you feel like you will miss to much at school and work and really can't afford driving to Vegas, I would skip it. Yes, It may suck having to stay home knowing your husband is in Vegas - but from the looks at your goal, you have Vegas in mind for reaching your goal. Why not wait and go then? I bet it will feel much more rewarding waiting til July than racing to Vegas now without much preperation.
kireos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:49 PM   #5  
California licensed CPA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvislover324 View Post
That SO sucks for you, booooo. I'm frustrated for you.

I'd say skip it this time, only because I remember we talked about you going to Vegas over the summer (and then I just saw it on your goals too!).

That's a lot of travel money and travel time just for 1 night (full of calories even!) and then having to turn around and come back home.

Hopefully DH wins you a few bucks and you can go shopping or something when he gets back.

I'd enjoy your time home alone as much as you can (I hate when my husband travels for work, I'm a scaredy cat!). And you really don't want to miss another one of your classes in case something "real" comes up in the future and you miss another. I remember way back when if you missed 3 or more classes, sometimes you automatically forfeited the class. I don't want that to happen to you either!

I'd be online looking at all kinds of Vegas stuff to do in July, reading reviews of where to eat and what to see.

So sorry you even have to deal with this. What a bummer.
elvislover324 THANK YOU! of course I know you are right I appreciate your advice! You know, at first I was thinking it would be nice to have the house to myself for a couple days, until this morning rolled around and now I can barely stand it! We've gone as many as 4 or 5 times a year for around 9 years now, and last year we cut it down to 2 because we moved and I actually had to cancel 2 trips I had booked! I haven't been since my daughter's 21st last April. I know I am being a big spoiled baby about it, too!

I did tell him he has to bring presents home...I specified a Hard Rock wine glass and maybe some Hard Rock shot glasses. You are right about school...I might miss something important that I won't be able to catch up to on my own. It's up to 4 absences that they can drop you and I don't miss (except when I go to Vegas) but I'm told that calculus is a very hard class.

I guess it would be different if we traveled to other places, but Vegas is the only place he'll go because he will not fly, and to him there's no where else that would have everything Vegas does. I have to pay my taxes soon, anyway...BLAH!
Old 02-20-2013, 03:52 PM   #6  
California licensed CPA!

thank you everybody...it was nice to vent. You're all right, of course. Calculus tomorrow night, here I come...

VEGAS, I'll see YOU soon!
Old 02-20-2013, 04:43 PM   #7  
Thin Girl in Training

S/C/G: 285.5/269.4/180

Height: 5'5"

Vegas will be more fun in July anyway! It'll be more hopping! Besides, a little Vegas can go a long way so you'll be glad its all new and different in July.
chubbybunny29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:42 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/199

Height: 5'7"

I understand how you feel. I was super envious when my husband was in Key West and got to meet up with two friends of ours. They did massive bar hopping and eating the most delicious food. I kept getting updates too which made it worse but he wasn't calling/texting to make me feel bad just because he missed me and wanted to talk. Didn't help though!

There will be a next time. Skipping class for this type of thing is how people get behind and fail. Not good!

Glad venting made you feel better and you know what you should do even if it's not as much fun.
XLMuffnTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:16 PM   #9  
Krissy Missy

S/C/G: 181/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

I think you're making the right decision in staying home this time.

I find that for myself being impulsive, giving into whims, and binge eating are all related. I'm not saying that if you go you'll succumb to the temptations of high calorie schmorgasboards, but I like to avoid that type of behavior all together.
Missy Krissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:20 PM   #10  
California licensed CPA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbybunny29 View Post
Vegas will be more fun in July anyway! It'll be more hopping! Besides, a little Vegas can go a long way so you'll be glad its all new and different in July.
of course you are right about July being more fun - and he has already called me like 20 times He got stuck for a few due to the freeway having to be cleared of snow on the 15 in Victorville!

It will be SO HOT, but I have reservations at Aria in City Center and plan on utilizing that pool
Old 02-20-2013, 06:24 PM   #11  
California licensed CPA!

Missy Krissy - of course I would probably succumb...that's Vegas for ya! LOL...

XLMuffnTop - hubby has been calling me all day! he is so used to having me be the one that's always very on top of directions and where things are located, where we parked, etc...I finally told him not to be afraid to ask Siri those questions! Sheesh!

You all are great for giving me this awesome support - I rented 2 movies for tonight that I will watch after I go to the gym to do cardio. Pitch Perfect and a scary one called The House at the End of the Street. Me and the kitties will cuddle up!
Old 02-20-2013, 07:03 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 181/148.8/129

Height: 5'3"

I personally wouldn't want to drive that far to blow all that money on gas, gambling, and whatever else over the course of such a short period of time that would also require me to miss a class I paid to attend.

I'm sure there has to be something you like to do in your alone time that you are now allowed to do with the hubby off traveling.

Last edited by Doomkitty; 02-20-2013 at 07:04 PM.
Doomkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:13 PM   #13  

You are braver than me to watch a scary movie with my husband out of town!

Enjoy your evening!!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:50 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 252/215/150

Height: 5'10

For me personally, when I try to cram things in like that I end up not even enjoying the trip. I would probably spend the night semi-conscious of the fact that I have to drive home in the morning which would sort of nullify the fun. Then get home exhausted the next day and go into Monday a bit drained.

just my 2 cents
Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:37 AM   #15  
Vex
There is no try.

S/C/G: 281/T/140

Height: 5'6"

Default re:

My husband and I have separate business trips from time to time. That's what they are - BUSINESS trips, with things to attend and networking to be done.

I'm glad you chose to stay and go to school. Save your money and go on a trip when you both can devote 100% of your time to each other and the time off.

Last edited by Vex; 02-21-2013 at 08:38 AM.
Vex is offline   Reply With Quote