General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 02-19-2013, 07:17 PM   #16  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

I keep having obnoxious contractions and it made me lose a bunch of sleep last night. It wouldn't be a big deal at all except I'm not full term until March 6th. Boo contraction, boo.
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:40 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 301/287/240

Height: 5'7"

lol about the arm flap. I have that problem too. I always get so hot when I exercise so I tried to exercise in my sports bra the other day and realized that the sleeves on my shirt serve a protective function. And my belly felt extra floppy without the shirt too.
katrinakit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:58 PM   #18  

**whine** about the excess skin on my tummy making me feel not at goal all the time (i'm sure some of it is fat, also)

**huge whine** about my hair falling out! Tired of it! Suspect because of hashimoto's, androgens, PCOS, whotheheckknows...ugh. All i know is weight loss made it worse

**big huge whine** about having Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. i am sick all of the time, have flu-like symptoms 85-90% of the time and exercise makes it worse but i do it anyway. Tired of being sick!!!

**even bigger huge whine** Where did my (money) ship go? i think it either sank or is taking the scenic route, LOL. Tired of having no money!!
3fcuser291505109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:09 PM   #19  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

I absolutely LOATHE my kangaroo pouch. LOATHE it. It's something that ticks me off every friggin time I see it. I cannot wait to see it start flattening out, I know at a lower weight it will still be there, but much smaller and less noticable. My only saving grace about that dang thing is that my husband doesn't mind it, but I cannot stand it!!! GAAAAAH!

Mozzy, great idea for a thread, I feel a little better already
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:30 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 301/287/240

me 2
katrinakit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:47 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 238/213/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkroyer View Post
that made me laugh
Did ya ever think he has the same fears about you? like "why would she ever look at me? Im a skinny, weak short hobbit"
Nope, never once thought he had that fear.

Because, although he is hobbit height and thin, he is also quite muscular. He's a personal trainer at the gym I've been living at for the last several months. You should see the way he stretches his female PT clients after a session. *fans herself* He literally has them lay down on their back while he lifts their leg and uses his body weight as he leans into them to press their feet towards their heads. Uh yeah.... Can I have some of that?

Ugh, he's so friggin' adorable. Yesterday it was raining and he went outside, got drenched and came back in. His hair BECKONED me to run over and tousle it for him. For a split second I lost control of my body and it tried to move forward to do just that. A friend of mine offered him a towel and he used it to tousle his own hair... without me....
Learning 2 Live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:22 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 187/180/150

Height: 5'10''

yay whining thread! I had a really awkward date yesterday with a guy I didn't know very well. He asked me out, and I have a general policy not to turn down a first date unless there's a good reason, so I went. But he's just not my type, physically or personality-wise. Apparently my attempts at polite brush off were too subtle, and he seems to be interested in another date. As luck would have it I'm scheduled to run into him 3 times this week. I hate rejecting people, it causes me huge amounts of social anxiety.
synchrojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:53 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 238/213/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sept2012 View Post
OH CRAP I laughed outloud on this one. I went on a date this weekend with someone who is 5'10 and I felt like a AMAZON at 5'9 and probably about 50 lb difference...hahaha I do wonder what they think...
I already know that my crush thinks I'm Conan the Barbarian.

Example: At the gym I go to he teaches a weekly Circuit Training class. The gym is like 75% women and 25% men. So when he does his class he sets the weight on the machines for women and men add weight if they feel like it. Well he put 20 lbs on machine for squats and walked away. A few days later I was in the gym on my own and I was gonna use the same machine and do some weighted squats. He walks in with a client of his and starts telling me how I should be doing what I'm doing. And then... and then... he says that he would put me at 80 lbs for squats. He says I could do 100 lbs but that he wouldn't want me to lose proper form. Yeah... 20 lbs for normal sized women and 80 lbs for me.

By Crom!! How can I possibly feel feminine around this guy??
Learning 2 Live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:37 AM   #24  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

im still whining about how broke i'm going to be after this month ughhhh....

first i had a sinus infection...then the sinus infection migrated to a tooth root and caused an infection....to which i had to have a root canal and a crown done...THEN my car broke down on a dark rainy road at night and i had to get that fixed....THEN we found out that we have to pay more for our former property than we thought we had to pay...then the chimney to our firestove collapsed...THEN we ran out of heating fuel for the furnace...OMG(!) all this in like the span of three weeks...seriously universe?? really??

and NOW DH's truck is having wheel bearing problems...which he can fix...except he's never gotten the parts and now the truck's having such issues that he can't drive it far...meaning he'll take MY car to work and i'll be stuck driving his car inches at a time or walking to work...because HE didn't get the darn part when we could afford it
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:06 AM   #25  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Yay! Whining timeeeee.

I have been having all sorts of problems that I've gone to the ER twice in less than a week only to get 2 different diagnosis. I hate being unable to eat anything because of the problems. I hate being in pain, dull or not, for hours and hours at a time. I also hate not having health insurance and that the ER visits are going to be freaking expensive when the bill comes, ughhhh.

Ok, that felt good. Thanks so much for this thread!
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:05 AM   #26  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

I'm 45, and decided to quit coloring my hair last fall. Now I'm sporting the family characteristic of very thick, mostly all-white but with some pretty cool dark areas - it looks better and more natural than it EVER did when I was coloring it, and I don't have to be concerned about chemicals any more, or the costs ... and here comes the whine: I CANNOT believe how often I am being treated like I'm stupid or mentally incompetent now!!! My god, I had no idea how much age discrimination is out there! If I'm not a total blithering idiot, I'm INVISIBLE!!!
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:18 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

And once again 3FC comes to the rescue. An I'm-allowed-to-whine thread. Consider yourself nominated for a Nobel Prize (not sure they have one in this category, but they should!). My whine......and I realize this is insignificant compared to some others......is that I'm drowning in self-made work. Got behind on stuff probably due to depression and now I'm playing catch up inside and out. And, since I'm way heavy, outside really takes a lot of effort. Not how I wanted to spend retirement. I know. Do retired people really get the right to whine?
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:19 AM   #28  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

I have so many social plans this week, I have almost no time for sex.

HA
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:23 AM   #29  
Warrior Princess

I'm sick of my ex-DH whose been mainly out of our son's life up until a few months ago (for 10 years!) trying to come back now and constantly influence him to conform to HIS beliefs and interests only. EFF YOU, DUDE. Go back to Tennessee, we were doing fine.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:43 AM   #30  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Oh, lordy, this thread could be dangerous for me. I could come here every day, multiple times a day to whine about my mother in law who lives with us. Venting is about all I can do, so I might do that!

First vent - today she asked if we had a screwdriver. I asked which kind? the straight kind or the kind that looks like + sign. (she is from out of country so, asking her straight or philips would be useless). She didn't know. I go down and look. She needed a philips. And her, "Oh, I didn't know that there are different kinds of screwdrivers. I thought they are all the same. I've never used a screwdriver."

How can you get to 77 years old and never, ever use a screwdrive? And she was single most of her life, so how?? (married three times, but briefly all three times). Always the helpless female, asking for help. UGH... Guess who is that help now? 24/7?

That's just the tip of the iceberg - all the cleaning, cooking, laundry - mine. She just bellyaches and criticizes if I miss something or do something wrong.

Have her move out? not happening. We co-bought this house. It's hers too and where would she go? My husband is all she has.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote