Fighting in the 150s

• I am having a problem getting out of the 150s. I have been as low as 149.6 but the next day I was right back to 151. I understand warer weight and various reasons for the fluctuations. This week I have been between 153.2 and 156.4.

I have noticed that the closer I get to 150 the sadder I get. I don't know why but I see the number and my heart sinks a little. Then I self sabotage. I go out and binge on sweet,fatty and salty foods. It always happens around 153 and I can pretty much fight it until 151, then I just break and buy something I know will cause a gain. At around 155 my mood is fine.

I started taking multi-vitamins and iron just in case it is a deficiency causing this problem but it hasn't worked. I don't know why a number moving in the right direction can make me sad.

I know this sounds crazy. I just had to put it out there. Maybe I should add more fats to my diet? I eat mostly fish, skinless chicken and vegetables i also use less than a tablespoon of olive oil each week. Nuts cause a UC flare up.
  • Thats funny I didn't see this until I posted pretty much the same thing today.

You certainly have lost more than me!

I have been 'dieting' (calorie counting a bit, eating mindfully, being reasonable) for like a month and pretty much have barely lost.

My body seems to really like 150 right now!
  • Also, your diet does sound lean.

I don't think adding fats will hurt- why so little?

do you enjoy nuts? nut butters?

Do you like to work out?
  • Hi Letsdothisthing,
    My diet is not low fat by design. The foods I prepare just don't call for much oil. It is easy for me to put my food into aluminum foil,season and pop it in the oven to cook when I get home from work. The meat is moist and the vegetables are just right. I eat fruit and cream of wheat with splenda and cinnamon for breakfast. I found this great light flavored white balsamic vinegar at a specialty store and I use it with different spices to add flavor to many of my meals. I do work out. I do Zumba and the 30 day shred. I'm eating about 1200 to 1500 calories a day.

I will pick up some nut butters and add them to my snacks. Thanks for the suggestions. Here's to us both getting out of the 150s!