General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 02-02-2013, 10:57 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

Default A Size 3X Leotard. Who Knew?

I have decided that I want to track this journey with pictures. The ones in the mini-goals have helped motivate me immensely and I'm hoping that taking ones of me will be even more inspirational.

I plan on taking pictures the first of every month. Last month I took them and realized that since I tend to wear less than form fitting clothes, I would have to lose to the point of everything falling off to be able to tell a whole lot with the pictures.

So, my answer was to buy a leotard. My first shock was that they actually make them in women's sizes. Just bought one in a size 3X from an online store that indicates they make dance wear for the "mature" dancer. Ain't going to be doing any plies in this one! My second shock was putting it on. Talk about your aerobic workout! And, finally, when I took the pictures I discovered that leotards can go out at the waist and not just in.

This has turned into one of those moments where I should be crying but am laughing instead because the whole thing is just so silly. However, I can guarantee you that when the leotard starts to fit, I'll be posting those before and after pictures!
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:51 PM   #2  

"And, finally, when I took the pictures I discovered that leotards can go out at the waist and not just in."

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that line! I have the same visual in my head when I see myself in a bathing suit (but I'm fat in a bathing suit or out of one, so I'll put one on and lay on the beach!) Good luck on your journey...can't wait to see before/after photos....it'll be nice to see the leotard go in at the waist!

Last edited by 2annabelle; 02-02-2013 at 12:52 PM. Reason: misspelled word!
2annabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:14 PM   #3  
Put good in, get good out

S/C/G: 290/283/200

Height: 5'10"

I used to dance and do Winterguard and wear all kinds of tights and leotards. Keep in mind that even though it sys a 3X it's really probably a much different size. Dancers are so extremely tiny that the dance wear sizing is extremely skewed.

And yes, getting into the leotards is so hard! Haha
Airycuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:03 PM   #4  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

love your sense of humor, and I really think that's going to help you succeed at this!
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote