3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   Talk to Me About Sinus Infections (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/274463-talk-me-about-sinus-infections.html)

healthyangie 01-30-2013 01:02 PM

Wow! At least you know what the problem is now ... best of luck. Ask them to just zonk you out and you'll be fine ...

VermontMom 01-30-2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alaskanlaughter (Post 4613770)
the dental x-rays showed that the sinus infection spread to the root of one of my top teeth, causing an infection there and slowly killing the nerves to that tooth...the infection didn't come from the "ground up" like a cavity that goes bad...it came from my sinuses downward...so now i get a lovely root canal on friday morning....i'm terrified of dentists :(

oh how horrible!! and unfair, that you take good care of your teeth and it was not due to decay. Did they say if this was pretty rare to occur??

anyway, best wishes at your visit on Friday, I would also ask if possible for any and all 'zonking out' drugs! I asked for general anesthesia for a tooth extraction and it was worth it!! And a small dose Valium an hour before the visit helped smoooooth things out.

alaskanlaughter 01-30-2013 03:10 PM

if i could get away with valium or general anesthesia i would do that but i have to work directly before the appointment, workint 7-7:45 a.m. with the appointment at 8 a.m....then i have to be back to work by 1 p.m. and i work til 6 p.m. and then take my younger son a school fun night event...

i once was put under anesthesia years ago in order to have all four wisdom teeth extracted at the same time, along with one other cracked back tooth, and it was definitely worth it....but i had to have my DH there and he had to drive me when it was over....

i also have a 9 a.m. meeting on friday but i dont think the root canal will be over by 9 if it starts around 8

amandie 01-30-2013 03:57 PM

Wow! How crazy is that?! I am glad you finally found out what the heck it was that was causing you tooth pain.

I have had a root canal done once and it was not that bad as I thought it would be. I am a huge baby when it comes to tooth pain due to bad dentists (no wonder we all are terrified of them!) in the past not giving me enough numbing agents or whatevr and not listening to me when I told them I still felt pain, etc. I am very firm and make complete sure that I am 100% numb before they even start on me. Seriously, if I am going to shell out $$$, I'd rather not feel anything at all. Wow, ok this last part was a bit of a rant, sorry!

Anyway, I hope your appointment goes veryveryvery well AND painfree!!!

EagleRiverDee 01-30-2013 05:15 PM

You might try adding the supplement N-Acetyl Cysteine into your supplementation because it naturally thins mucus secretions and can help drain your sinuses. It also boosts the immune system because it's a precursor to glutathione, a powerful antioxidant, which is necessary for the body to fight infection.

VermontMom 02-03-2013 07:30 AM

Wondering how you are doing, Alaskanlaughter?

alaskanlaughter 02-03-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VermontMom (Post 4619302)
Wondering how you are doing, Alaskanlaughter?

thanks :) i'm doing better now....the root canal went well and was done by a really good dentist...the pain is gone from my gum/teeth/jaw area, just a lingering ache from the tooth itself because of the work done on it...i go back next friday to have the crown placed on the tooth but that's an easy and quick thing that i'm not stressed about....the hot/cold sensitivity is gone too...i can eat as long as i'm gentle on that side until the crown is placed...

after the anesthetic wore off, i immediately got what feels like a head cold....not sure what that's all about but i've had that happen before right after dental work...i had to work the day of the root canal but i functioned better than expected

thanks for checking on me :)