General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 10-20-2012, 03:49 PM   #1  
Restart July 5 2013

S/C/G: 245/ticker/160

Height: 5'10"

Default Irregular periods

I had been on birth control for about 2 and a half years. I was not happy with it, it didn't do anything bad to me but I just didn't like the idea of something messing with my body and hormones. I wasn't having sex (I was in a long term relationship, sad isn't?) and was thinking of ending it anyways so I stopped taking it in December 2010. It's been almost 2 years off and I'm still having trouble having a regular period. Before birth control I didn't have too much of a regular period but it was still every 30-34 days. Now it's like every 40-60 ish days. I am mu h heavier now and I know excessive weight messes with hormones especially estrogen. I am going to see my doctor but I just want to know if anyone noticed more regular periods after weight loss?
fatgiraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 04:58 PM   #2  
On my way

S/C/G: 262/210/159

Height: 5'2"

I know this is not much help, but I never had infrequent or missed periods or anything like that even near 300 pounds. I have skinny friends who discontinued the pill and have the issue you're explaining...So it could be something else. Sorry but both of my friends experiencing this haven't found an answer yet. Let me know what the doc says. *hugs*
mescelestus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:56 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5

For what it is worth, at my heaviest I could go 6 months or more without a period. Once I lost about 60 pounds I started getting "regular" periods. I don't put them on a calendar but I know I when to expect them around the same time each month. I did skip last month due to alot of stress. I am not on any birth control or medications ( I handle PCOS with diet and exercise).
RoyalAthena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:57 PM   #4  
Shrinking Angela

S/C/G: 210/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Before losing a bit of weight, I got my period maybe every 3 or 4 months and they only lasted for about 3 days. Since then, my hormones have totally changed. While, I still don't have a period EVERY month, I have them more often and for a longer amount of time. But depending on your age, I don't know. I'm still young so my body hasn't really set itself in stone yet.
themusicalfruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:00 PM   #5  
Restart July 5 2013

S/C/G: 245/ticker/160

Height: 5'10"

I'm 23 so pretty young. Good to know that weight loss can change your cycle in some people
fatgiraffe is offline   Reply With Quote