General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 07-11-2012, 06:33 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 286/265/180

Height: 5'8"

Default Things you really want to say but can't!

Heya chicks
Stole the basis for this thread from another forum I'm on, liked it so much I thought we could use it here. This is basically a place to rant and rave, and blow off some steam, without the negative consequences you might get if you actually said it to the person/people involved!
So, anything going on at home, work, kids, life in general... let it all out!
You don't have to provide context if you don't want to. As long as you're expressing it and it makes you feel better, it's all good!

I'll start. (I work in a school btw, to give some context. Only a week until I leave, and I'm quite happy about that - it has its good points, but some people just get to me!)

- Yes I got angry with you the other day! The five of you walk up to the door of the office, giggling and pushing each other, saying, "You do it... no you do it!" Then when I finally get out of you what you want, only two of you actually want to ask to look in Lost Property for "books".
In which case, actually LOOK! A cursory glance at the piles on top the cupboard isn't looking.
And HOW DARE you run away when I tell you to come back here. You wouldn't do that to another member of staff, so don't be so rude as to do it to me. I should NOT have to run after you, and have you told off by a senior member of staff just to get you to listen to a word I say! Just because I'm not a teacher, doesn't mean you can ignore me.
And please don't waste my time again. I am perfectly happy to help if you actually want something, but otherwise go away. I do actually have other work to do as well as answering the door.

- Oh great, so you want us back again another day to "finish" the job? Grrr. It would actually help, if you gave us clear instructions in the first place, you know. But when we spend half our time running round to different people, none of whom seem to know exactly what we're supposed to do, and then when you do tell us, the instructions are vague and you leave it up to us... what do you expect? We try the best we can, but if you want something a specific way, then specific instructions help.

- Stop with the attitude. If the deputy head sends you down to me for wearing nail varnish, or wearing trainer socks, then that does not mean you give me attitude for it when I make you remove it, or give you ankle socks. Your protestations of "but it's not even that much!" or "these are ankle socks" (right... with sports brands on them?), just annoy me, and delay the whole process, and make me even more annoyed with you.

- "What size are you?" "Ten." "OK, I'll see what we've got." If your head of year sends you to me because your outfit doesn't fit the dress code, I do what I can to help. But please note that I'm doing you a FAVOUR. I am HELPING you. So, when I bring out a size 8 and a size 12 skirt, because that's all we've got, and suggest you use a safety pin on the 12, or see if the 8 might fit, bleating, "But I'm a size 10" at me doesn't help the situation. Believe me, if we had a size 10 skirt, I'd lend it to you; I'm not actually bringing these out for a joke, you know. If you're that precious about your outfits, wear something that ADHERES TO THE DRESS CODE! It's not my fault that other people have done what you are doing, and not returned our smart skirts that we loan out.

- Stop with the indignation that I don't know your name. I'm only here for this year, there are HUNDREDS of students in this school, and I don't see you every day. Added to which, matching names to faces is something I'm bad at anyway. I do try to remember people.
And the patronising tone of your reply when I ask how to spell your name isn't necessary either. Either your name is unusual/complicated, or there are several different spellings - I wouldn't ask otherwise.

- No, I don't know which jumper is yours in the huge pile of identical jumpers lost property. Look for yourself, I'm not your servant. If you'd actually bothered to put your NAME in it, I'd have returned it to you, or at least sent you a note to come and collect it.

- Speaking of which... if I do send you a note saying you have lost property, COME AND COLLECT IT. Preferably that day/the next day. Not a week later because that's when you "need" it. If everyone did that, our office would be overflowing.

- KEEP YOUR STUFF IN YOUR LOCKERS! Grrr, this one really bugs me.
Yes, the cleaners bring books they find randomly around the school, back to us. They can't be expected to clean AROUND your stuff. And then you come whining to me that you can't find your book for whatever. If you actually kept your stuff in your locker, this problem wouldn't exist.
The school and its cupboards, spaces in corners, filing cabinets etc, are NOT your personal storage spaces. If you want to leave something somewhere and have it be there when you come back, put it in your locker/desk, or leave it at home.

- Please don't act like it's MY fault you can't find whatever it is you've lost. I spend a LOT of time searching lost property for named or identifiable items so I can return them to people. I didn't lose it, you did. I am not personally responsible for your property.

- When writing your missing item on our list, please write a DESCRIPTION. Writing "purse" or "pencil case" is useless if I don't know what it looks like. If I don't know your purse is blue with Justin Bieber stickers on it, I won't know to tell you if it comes in.
YOU know what your item looks like. I don't... so help me out here, OK?

- When I confront you on how short your skirt is, don't take that defensive, put-upon tone as if I'm wrong or stupid. I am not asking if you think it's too short, I'm telling you it is.

- Rude girls at the end of my road, and also rude people on the bus.
Why can you not just leave me alone! Grrrr. I have done nothing to you. While I don't particularly care that you're stating the obvious, (I'm fat... DUH!) it would be nice to be able to get home without being verbally abused.
Oh and boys, while you may have been able to use one four-syllable word, ("circumference"), you savagely butcher the rest of the English language, so please shut up, you're really not that smart.

-Girl at work, please stop telling me how I should live my life, or acting like I'm too naive/stupid to know what things entail.
Yes, I know moving out would mean paying council tax etc.
But no, moving out wouldn't necessarily mean I'd have "no money". What you mean is, I wouldn't have enough money to live how YOU like living. What you don't seem to realise is, I don't want to go clubbing every weekend; I don't WANT a car/to learn to drive right now; I don't mind waiting a few more years to go back to uni if I get to live my life the way I want in the next year or two. At the moment, I value independence and the freedom to live how I want, more than disposable income, which is why I'm saving to move out (hopefully summer/autumn 2013) rather than to go back to uni. I don't want to be stuck in our home town longer than I have to be.

- People, stop assuming I dropped out of uni because I hated the course/city/uni/wasn't happy/it wasn't right for me.
It broke my heart to leave the place/course/uni/people where I felt I belonged. I dropped out because of something personal happening at the start of first year, and when I tried retaking a year, my head still wasn't in the right place and I fell deeper and deeper into a hole without seeking help. I want to be back up in my uni city, if not at the uni and on that course.

-Ex friend, you will get what's coming to you. I believe in karma.
You scam everyone around you, then try and blame it on them, even when these are people who have done all they can to help you in your times of need.
You don't appreciate your friends unless they're drinking buddies or sycophants, and you constantly fish for compliments, which grates so much.
You can hold a tune and you know it, so don't come off karaoke and immediately moan that you sound like a strangled cat when you know you don't. If you really thought that, you wouldn't be up there doing it. Having said that, your music really isn't as good as you think, and I had to hide a laugh when you told me you auditioned for X-Factor. Doing a Music Education degree does not make you an expert in all things musical or educational.
My mum has been a teacher for more than 20 years, and I work full time in a school, so quit with the "I know more than you" tripe.
And no, I don't want to know what key the song on the radio is in, and if I wanted to listen to you criticise every note in the music, I'd ASK!
You wax on about how you've come from hard circumstances, and the only way to get what you want is to work hard and earn it because no one will hand it to you on a plate, blah blah blah. Yet, you're the one who scams and owes money to everyone you know, you're the one who got evicted from your fancy flat for not paying rent, you're the one who lives way beyond your means and feels entitled to it, you're the one who whines and moans like the work is beneath you when you have to do training for tasks at work and gets fired from every job you get because you're so unreliable.
You complain about your health problems, then exacerbate them by drinking too much all the time, and you find it amusing when you're barred from clubs 2 weeks in a row. You don't even have the grace to be embarrassed when a friend of ours carries you home on several occasions and you can't even remember being in the taxi by the time you get through the door. And then you say, "Well he didn't have to take me home, did he?" Pffft, like he was going to leave you lying in the gutter unable to remember your own name? You think it's a "standard night" when you've punched someone in a club, can't remember it, and your housemates have to spend the night looking after you. Grow up, you're embarrassing. You're exactly the kind of 22-year old I never want to be like.
treasureBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 06:35 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 286/265/180

Height: 5'8"

Whoops! That was a really long post. Sorry! I'm not really a grumpy moo, it's just piled up this week!
treasureBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:46 PM   #3  
Warrior Princess

This thread is doomed to be locked, but before they do....

Quote:
You don't appreciate your friends unless they're drinking buddies or sycophants, and you constantly fish for compliments, which grates so much.
^^This in regards to a friendship that's "separated" at the moment.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote