General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 07-08-2012, 06:06 PM   #1  

Default Possible TMI warning - Lower Pains

Hey guys

Lately I have been waking up in the morning and feel like I really need to pee. Normal, but the 'really need to go' is because I get a really sharp pain. Always the same side and spot.
Well this morning I woke up and it was really bad. I usually use the restroom and the pain fades quickly after, but today it stayed.
It was with me all morning and throughout the day to around 2-3 when I ate lunch/dinner. Then it sorta went away. I'm fine now.
Well, I went to the restroom a few minutes ago and my stool was really dark in color (like blackish) and I was spotting ever so slightly.

So...should I be worried?
Has anyone ever experienced anything like this?

Im not around my TOM or anything to give spotting.

Last edited by Yomp; 11-28-2012 at 06:07 PM.
Yomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 06:40 PM   #2  
ddc
getting back to 140

S/C/G: 155/154.2/140

Height: 5'7"

Hmmm, well your kidneys are on your back, but something like a kidney stone can cause pain almost anywhere in the general area of the kidney.
If it continues, I think a visit to your doctor is in order.
ddc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 06:54 PM   #3  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Go to the doctor!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 06:57 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

Yes go to the doctor!
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 07:01 PM   #5  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Black stool is a warning to go to the doctor...it can mean several things..one being bleeding in the intestinal tract.. Spotting? Did you pass a large stool? If so , its possible that there was some bleeding or tearing going on in your colon or your anus. Is the bleeding coming from your anus? Or your vagina? If it is coming from your vagina, i would actually be wondering if there is a possibility that you are pregnant? If its coming from your urethra...then its a possible kidney infection. Is your urine dark? Like dark amber? If so, thats an indication of an infection.

To be certain you are going to have to see a doctor...
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 07:19 PM   #6  

--

Old 07-08-2012, 07:29 PM   #7  
Changing for the better

S/C/G: 268/257/150

Height: 5'8"

Kidney and urinary pain is nothing to take a chance with. Get to the doctor asap. You may have a uti, pyelonephritis, a kidneybit stone, or some other issue. It can get bad quickly.

Last edited by TiffNeedsChange; 07-08-2012 at 07:29 PM.
TiffNeedsChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:03 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 164.3/see ticker/118

Sounds exactly like the symptoms I had before all of my kidney stone attacks. Go to the doctor.
shantroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:09 PM   #9  

Thank you all.

Shantroy.. how long after you started getting all of this did you find out you had a kidney stone? (Like, when it got to the breaking point)
This has been going on for 1-2 months off and on. (The waking up with pain)

Old 07-08-2012, 09:40 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 164.3/see ticker/118

I had the "need to pee, but can't" feeling for a day or so. But the actual attack came on quickly. Early in the afternoon, the pain would feel like really bad peroid cramps. Then it would begin to get progressively worse. At it's peak the pain was really really bad. Bad enough, that at age 25 I was crawling across the floor on my hands an knees CRYING for my mommy, while I was vomitting from the pain.

At the hospital, they performed an ultrasound and discovered it was kidney stones. I was then prepped for surgery. Mine stones have always been to big to blast or pass. But the surgery is super quick. Each of the 3 times, they put me fully under. The doctors emoved them then I spent the next day in the hospital.

My friend has had kidney stones as well. She's been able to pass them, however. She's been give medication to help relax the uthera and told to drink lots of water. It's painful, but she usually passes them in a day or 2.

Drink lots and lots of water. Often kidney stones are the result of being dehyrdated (I now drink close to 3L of water, plus other liquids throughout the day. Since doing that I haven't had another attack). Water may help move the stone along.

Last edited by shantroy; 07-08-2012 at 09:40 PM.
shantroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:40 PM   #11  
Changing for the better

S/C/G: 268/257/150

Height: 5'8"

I am a long time kidney stone getter. It sounds to me like you have one that needs to be checked by your doctor. Do not delay because it will only get bigger.
TiffNeedsChange is offline   Reply With Quote